PDA

View Full Version : Trans mod.

kilian tuning
September 16th, 2013, 19:43
Anyone heard of this mod and if its working on our cars...?
http://www.audipages.com/Tech_Articles/auto_transmission/codingtransmission.html

hahnmgh63
September 16th, 2013, 22:11
I tried that page years ago. I can't remember if it changed anything. If it did it was for the worse as I remember changing it back.

Kgnast
September 17th, 2013, 14:47
the 00032, sport coding w/ 1st gear hold through the redline regardless of throttle input was nice on my A6 4.2 And it worked hand in hand with the GIAC TipChip, that worked hand in hand with the GIAC ECU Chip. All told, it was nice and easy-peasy mod. I liked being able to tip over and have the straight pipe exhaust crackle when lifting off the gas in 1st. Doesn't seem to be an issue on the RS6. The car holds 1st anyway. I don't think there is anything to be gained with re-coding the RS6 trans to 00032. Now the MTM TCU is a massive improvement, and I really can't preach how great of a modification it is for performance, drivability, etc. Hell, it even improves gas mileage. I can cruise at 30-35 in 4th gear at 1200rpms, and get 25 mpg in town. Granted that goes right out the window when I mash the giggle pedal.