PDA

View Full Version : any word on 6-speed conversions...

boondocksts
November 11th, 2003, 18:07
have any of the companies said anything about their conversions? i know speedsporttechnic was doing it, and MTM was too, anyone else?

Erik
November 11th, 2003, 18:25
Champion Racing is the only 'company' I know of so far, the rest is rumors.

rs6w
November 12th, 2003, 07:33
I had talked with a salesman who said than Len Hunt was getting his RS6 converted to a manual, by champion...

Take it for what it's worth.

O.CT USA
November 14th, 2003, 00:59
O.CT is doing a 6-speed conversion on the RS 6. Markus Obersceider will have details in the next 30 days. He is tuning the B6 S4 right now and getting great results. It turns out that Downpipes/Cats and a catback are a must.

Bob Hamme

boondocksts
December 1st, 2003, 22:15
Originally posted by Erik
Champion Racing is the only 'company' I know of so far, the rest is rumors.
are they keeping the audi engine management, or are they converting it to some motronic unit like their racecar?

Erik
December 1st, 2003, 22:28
Originally posted by boondocksts
are they keeping the audi engine management, or are they converting it to some motronic unit like their racecar?

They change it I think. Look at the stickers on their car and you might get a hint. (don't remember right now) Motec?

boondocksts
December 1st, 2003, 22:32
Originally posted by Erik
They change it I think. Look at the stickers on their car and you might get a hint. (don't remember right now) Motec?
on their racecar they have either a motec or autronic system, i thought you meant that they were doing conversions for other peoples RS6s

Erik
December 1st, 2003, 22:35
Originally posted by boondocksts
on their racecar they have either a motec or autronic system, i thought you meant that they were doing conversions for other peoples RS6s

Aha, no.

But I guess if you pay them enough...

boondocksts
December 3rd, 2003, 14:32
well the cost is not a big factor at all, i just want to make sure its someone who knows how to work with the ECUs and stuff to get the 6-speed working right with the stock engine management

boondocksts
December 10th, 2003, 18:10
Originally posted by O.CT USA
O.CT is doing a 6-speed conversion on the RS 6. Markus Obersceider will have details in the next 30 days. He is tuning the B6 S4 right now and getting great results. It turns out that Downpipes/Cats and a catback are a must.

Bob Hamme any news yet? (i know there are 4 more days:) )