PDA

View Full Version : in which country/city would you like to live in.

Ra5a
November 11th, 2003, 01:06
so..
which country/city would you like to live in and why?

i want to move to istanbul in about 5 or 10 years..
simply becouse people are more relaxed and have a better lifestyle then the netherlands (and ofcourse the weather :P
(alltough the winters can be very cold)

i went there 6 times this year..
summer vacation was Belek (antalya) and 2 weeks ago paris..
paris is nice but i don't like the language :P

Klint
November 11th, 2003, 14:18
Sydney, Australia because the ladies and because it's been titled the best city in the world, plus many other things. Tokyo would be in the top ten. :D

:cheers:

Ra5a
November 11th, 2003, 16:32
yeah, sydney would also be nice.. never been there tho...
hopfully i can go there in the next 3 years orso..
I think Hongkong is also interesting..

Erik
November 11th, 2003, 18:24
France, the French Riviera.

krm
November 20th, 2003, 18:53
Zurich, or anywhere in the French Riviera gets my pick as well.

I pick these locations largely due to the beautiful environment and access to some of the best roads anywhere in the world.

Ra5a, Hong Kong is a great city to be in, but it does feel crowded and small at times.

Snow
November 21st, 2003, 00:01
I'm a hardcore freeskier (or at least I would like to be ;) ) so I'll have to go with "The Rockies" or maybe the French/Austrian alps. I would spend the summers beating the .... out of my car on the alp roads. :cool2:

Ra5a
November 22nd, 2003, 14:05
damn it!
they ruined my favourite city ;(
both places they bombed were one of my favourtie places in istanbul ;(

the english embassy is 10 meter from where i normally sit at a cafe :(

i was there a month ago ;(

and the hsbc building?
it was a beauty..
i used to stop and look at it becouse i liked it so much..
1 month ago i walked precisely from where the bomb exploded ;(

this really sucks ;(

Erik
November 22nd, 2003, 14:15
Ra5a,

Just be happy you werenät there at the wrong time.

I used to live in Paris when Abu Nidal and his gang terrorised everybody in the late 80's. It really sucks!

Klint
November 22nd, 2003, 15:21
That's very unfortunate, about Instanul.

Fortunately, things are safe here on the IOM for the time being...although it's rumoured that the al-quada (sp?) had bank accounts here..:bigeyes:

I also bought shares in HSBC Holdings on the 14th...they fell 40p a share on the day of the bombing. :(

xscream
December 6th, 2003, 05:25
I dont really have experience from so many places that I can point out the One. :)

But I do love the french riviera, I lived there some years ago, and I still go there severall weeks each year.
Love to get up in the moring and see the sun rise out of the ocean and then drive the twisty, but fast A8 highway :)
Btw. I counted 11 RS6 during 4hours in monaco last time I was there :) Isn't that reason enought :D

Co\\'boy
December 6th, 2003, 13:27
Interesting topic this is.

I don't think that I would move that far away. I have once been in Switzerland which was really really nice. I spended there my summer holiday, it was in Saas-Fee. The surroundings are very beautiful over there.

The second place I am thinking of, are the Ardennes (Belgium). It is the french spoken part of Belgium, it is close to Germany and France. The mentality over there is much more relaxed than where I live and the landscape is undulating. I prefer that kind of landscape above the seaside and I don't like high temperatures either. It is nice to be there in the wintertime especially when it is snowy then I can go skiing or snowboarding when I want to. During the summer I can fish on the big lakes and like I have said, it is close to Germany so close to the Nordschleife as well which means that I can visit it to shoot nice pictures on a regular base :360: I do not want to live in a big house either, just a nice compact bungalow, and fat Audi on the driveway:D That would be perfect.

Then I just need to do two things, winning the lottery so I don't have to worry about money once I live there and taking some French classes to improve my French.

enjoy :incar:

Cowboy

Ra5a
December 6th, 2003, 19:55
Originally posted by Co\\'boy
Interesting topic this is.

I don't think that I would move that far away. I have once been in Switzerland which was really really nice. I spended there my summer holiday, it was in Saas-Fee. The surroundings are very beautiful over there.

The second place I am thinking of, are the Ardennes (Belgium). It is the french spoken part of Belgium, it is close to Germany and France. The mentality over there is much more relaxed than where I live and the landscape is undulating. I prefer that kind of landscape above the seaside and I don't like high temperatures either. It is nice to be there in the wintertime especially when it is snowy then I can go skiing or snowboarding when I want to. During the summer I can fish on the big lakes and like I have said, it is close to Germany so close to the Nordschleife as well which means that I can visit it to shoot nice pictures on a regular base :360: I do not want to live in a big house either, just a nice compact bungalow, and fat Audi on the driveway:D That would be perfect.

Then I just need to do two things, winning the lottery so I don't have to worry about money once I live there and taking some French classes to improve my French.

enjoy :incar:

Cowboy

hey,
i live close to you ..
in maastricht :)

Co\\'boy
December 7th, 2003, 01:24
i live close to you

Indeed mate, It is not that far. Guess you are in province Antwerp within the hour. I don't live in the city Antwerp itself but in the province. The town I live in is named "Heist op den Berg" and it is known for its jumble on Sunday :D Really, I m not joking :) There are many Germans and many Dutchmen coming over. Especially in the summertime of coarse. So, maybe you ever heard of that or know some people yourself who have visited this jumble ? If you look at the map of Belgium you will can find my hometown in between the 2 cities Mechelen and Lier.

I'm almost death to the world, just saw Lord Of the Rings - Two Towers. The third part of this trilogy will be coming out next week so I have to be sure that I at least saw the second part:hihi:

Seems to me that you are not that keen on speaking French:) Yea, it is not an easy language, especially with all those special verbs and tenses although I think it is an interesting language and ok, it can take awhile before you master it but English and French are related to each other. If I m not wrong it has something to do with a battle that has taken place in the past, looooong time ago:hihi:

Take Care

Cowboy

Ra5a
December 8th, 2003, 00:36
i actually know Dutch, Turkish and English..
in school i had french but i always flunked the tests :P
maybe if i learned i could have passed it, but.. i did'nt :P
i was in paris a few weeks ago and it's not that nice a language when you actually hear people talking french, simply becouse they talk so fast and rude.
If they were to talk slow it could indeed be a nice language, alltough i would still not understand it :)
and it's true that the french REALLY don't speak any english.. i was thinking that was a joke or something, but it's really true.

and jumble on sunday? never heard of it :)
what's it about?

Co\\'boy
December 8th, 2003, 17:32
I like to study languages, they have to be useful of coarse. I m still taking English classes nowadays.

But you are right about those French speaking people:) They speak too fast most of the time, but anyway it is a quite useful language. Maybe it is because in Belgium we have quite a few regions where French is the main language. Although the main language is Dutch/Vlemish (that's theoretically) 'cause if you encouter somebody from Brussels or from the Ardennes, you will see that they just don't know any word in Dutch or that they refuse to speak it:mad: And that is the majority (that's reality). Like I have said before, if I would ever have the luck to move to the Ardennes, I want to be able to speak French decently

About the jumble (rommelmarkt):D : You can buy all sort of crap there. Old furniture, books, army material etc... But you can also buy fresh vegetables and fruit. Many years ago, you could even buy animals over there, but that is forbidden now. It is every sunday morning and it ends at noon. It is just a jumble and somehow it became a bit famous, maybe because a jumble is quite a rare thing nowaday?
I just mentioned the jumble thing, because like you have said earlier on, you don't live that far away. :)

Take Care mate

itisme
December 9th, 2003, 21:06
Of course Norway.. I love the winter time here in germany and in norway it is longer, colder, snowier and I`ve heard they have beautiful boarder areas :D.. I love snowboarding a nice house with a BMW M5 V10 (realwheel drive fun in snow) and Audi RS6 Avant (traction fun in snow) in garage world would be perfect :D