View Full Version : Superkart - CIK-FIA European Championship

kilian tuning
August 14th, 2013, 18:44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u361DTg3DUw

bmlee007
August 14th, 2013, 23:31
I love karting, right now it is my #2 hobby and keeps me sane when I travel. Kart tracks are a great place to hang out and meet people from all over, especially if it is near a bigger city. I actually carry my own helmet, shoes and gloves around the country. I don't care to share head sweat with someone else that I don't know, and the lighter weight helmet I have means less neck strain, especially if you're doing multiple sessions. Tomorrow night (weather permitting) I'm going to Dallas Karting Complex to try a couple sessions in the 250cc karts, and hopefully qualify to run one of the 125cc shifters.

The greatest aspect of karting that appeals to me is that regular Joes can hang out hang out and "rub fenders" with racing legends. Here's me with Rubens Barrichello at a track in Orlando last month.

He was there with his two sons, following them with a video camera and then giving instruction after each session. The track workers and a few locals know who he is, but the majority of the people there that night just saw a family out having a good time. He was a nice guy, very approachable and down-to-earth. Outside of the F1 element, he's one of the good guys, and my father and I have been big fans for several years. We talked for a few minutes about various racing projects he's involved with currently, then I let him get back to the boys.

Then I called my dad and we giggled like school girls.