PDA

View Full Version : CHECK THIS! Story and Question.

Greyyork
August 9th, 2013, 11:47
So I might be either the dumbest or most unlucky RS6 owner ever. I took the beast to a reputable Tint shop here in Germany. With intentions of JUST having my tint done with them not driving my car. A short 45 minutes later what do I see flying down the street? MY BABY! I immediately headed to the shop and to my dismay I pull up to my car crackling and popping. I turn the engine on to find that the temp is running at half gauge (which means they've been racing) and 15 extra miles on the odometer. I immediately raise hell and almost start WW III. I show them the before pictures I took of the odometer and the after (they were denying it) I tell them I'm calling the polizi and they immediately have a change in tone. Long story short they gave me 500 Euro and dealer prices on OZ rims (which will save me another 400 Euro) Which leads me to the Question part of this post. I'm getting the "Formula HLT" rims from OZ. The only size they have available is 9x18 offset 25 and 9x18 offset 35. My stock rims are 8.5x18 30 offset sitting on OEM tires. Which one should I go with? My concern and theirs is that the Brakes won't fit right with one and the other that the rim will stick out too far causing problems at higher speeds when I hit bumps. As far as the brakes not fitting properly can't I just put spacers in? Does anyone know which size spacers I will need? Or which rim to get and what I'll need to change? Thanks for reading and your input! Moral of the post is, don't trust anyone with your baby.

Updating my picture and info this weekend!

- Grey

ttboost
August 9th, 2013, 12:14
Had that happen to me before too...crappy feeling..like somone raping your car...I would take everything they will give you, and then still throw them under the bus. Way for them to "man up" AFTER you threaten police action...

Jimmy
August 9th, 2013, 12:31
You could do the et35s, with a tire that is made for fitting the RS6 like a Michelin or Dunlop. Do a search for the special RS part numbers. My OE euro 5 spokes at 19x9 have an offset of 35mms and I run the Dunlops with no clearance issues on a stock suspension. You should have no problems with the 25mm offset as well with any correct sized tire, 9" isn't that wide where it would rub on the inside or outside. Well, as for the shop, it think this happens all the time with cool cars, you just happened to see it done to your own !! I hope them fokkers didn't fok anything up on it.

Bigglezworth
August 9th, 2013, 18:28
You could make your life ALOT easier if you only provided them them the valet key....

Aronis
August 9th, 2013, 19:13
Bigglezworth,

please explain that one. As far as I understand the Valet key is fully functional accept it will not unlock the rear seat locks and the trunk as well as the glove box.

The Corvette ZR1 is the only production car I recall in which you could set the car to 'low power' and the valet key did not allow you to override this setting.

TTBoost,

By the way, sell the new oZ wheels and save the cash for the transmission replacement those jerks are going to cause you.

Mike

Avus-RS6
August 9th, 2013, 20:57
Unplug the N75 or better yet, install a switch to turn it off - wastegate boost = far less power and no fun for them. ;-)

Or you can scale the boost to 0 using Lemmi software when you drop it off for service.

Greyyork
August 11th, 2013, 00:49
Selling the rims isn't an option..Previous owner hit a few curbs not to mention the general wear and tear of 10 years..I could get them powder coated but I don't really like that look. These rims will just set me apart from all the RS6's so I'm looking forward to them.