PDA

View Full Version : Small IC hose....how the heck to get to it?!?

makaveli42
August 6th, 2013, 03:45
Soooo when I Installed my Wagner hoses I could get te 2 small hoses put on. I have the upper and lower main ones on. For the second time this year the smal hose on the passenger side has blown off on the top side.
Last time I had it towed to a shop and it cost me $75 to have it put back on. It blew off again today under full throttle! I jacked the car up with the factory jack and I am able to see the hose off on the top but have no way of getting to it?!?! How do I get to it? Really don't wanna pay $75 every few months and have to have the car towed.

lswing
August 6th, 2013, 03:57
Those are way back there, we put them on during a pull. Never had a hose pop in two years...

August 6th, 2013, 21:59
Soooo when I Installed my Wagner hoses I could get te 2 small hoses put on. I have the upper and lower main ones on. For the second time this year the smal hose on the passenger side has blown off on the top side.
Last time I had it towed to a shop and it cost me $75 to have it put back on. It blew off again today under full throttle! I jacked the car up with the factory jack and I am able to see the hose off on the top but have no way of getting to it?!?! How do I get to it? Really don't wanna pay $75 every few months and have to have the car towed.

Never ever and I mean ever get under a car with just the factory jack. As for the hose, make sure it has a clamp. Should never blow with a clamp on it.

kevin
August 6th, 2013, 22:50
Never ever and I mean ever get under a car with just the factory jack. As for the hose, make sure it has a clamp. Should never blow with a clamp on it.
x2 on the widow maker jack. As far as hoses blowing off, if they are installed and tightened properly they shouldn't be coming off..

makaveli42
August 6th, 2013, 22:55
K thanks. I pulled off in a side street as soon as it happen and only had the stock jack. Wasn't thinking. I use a floor jack and jack stands at home. The clip it still attached on the hose too. Soooo idk how it blew off? I just gotta try and get it back on somehow

August 7th, 2013, 05:00
It's the hose from the turbo to the mid metal connector correct? Is that pipe bolted the way it should be to the block? All I can think of.

Dmb408
August 7th, 2013, 14:53
x3 on the factory jack, my brother and i just used it last time because we were two lazy to get the real jack down from his garage attic, just to put the car on jack stands, and it broke.

makaveli42
August 8th, 2013, 03:11
It's the hose from the turbo to the mid metal connector correct? Is that pipe bolted the way it should be to the block? All I can think of.

If by mounted correct you mean not at all then yes. Lol. Found that the mid pipe wasn't bolted on the block at all, took a screw from the drivers side and bought 2 just like it. Got the pipe fitted correctly and after many attempts, got the hose back on too! Had to take off the passenger wheel and there's about 3 places you can reach it from. Each place is you can reach a different side of the hose!

thanks for the help! Hopefully it won't blow off anymore

August 8th, 2013, 03:46
Sweet!! Dang I love this forum.... you made my day.