PDA

View Full Version : These cars might be more expensive working than when broke......

August 5th, 2013, 04:08
Coming home today in Thing 1 (Sportec chipped). Trying to be good.....middle lane running up the hill, doing 5 over. See a 911 coming in the left lane.....oh boy :))

Managed to goad the driver into playing by not letting him pass twice......I guess they decided to they were going to be done with me.....watch him go by in the left lane on a run.....as he goes by see the word "turbo" on the tail......"oh boy, a challenge!!"

About 8 car lengths on Thing 1......went by him shortly thereafter, at a fairly good clip.....Thing 1 solid as a rock......

Next time, I should hang up and drive....:rs6kiss:

lswing
August 5th, 2013, 07:16
More expensive? Ticket?

August 5th, 2013, 14:33
More expensive? Ticket?

I'm pretty sure the speed I was going involved more than a ticket. More like "exit the vehicle, turn around, put your hands on the back of your head and walk backward toward the sound on my voice" and at least one night in jail.

lswing
August 5th, 2013, 16:34
I hear you, might is the key word there...I've caught myself a few times, it's just too easy, was a Porsche last time too.

Side note, guy got arrested here last week, was trying to race a mustang with his modded sti...problem was mustang was unmarked patrol, and guy had his kids in the backseat and wife up front, yea...cuffed on the side of the road.

August 5th, 2013, 16:43
I came home, handed my wife the keys and said "here, take these away for a while". Problem is, she's been 10 over what I was doing :/

Erik
August 5th, 2013, 17:15
:D Very funny

mdegracia
August 5th, 2013, 17:26
In cases like these , it's nice that my fiancee is a Sheriff! :0:

audiprotn
August 5th, 2013, 17:34
In cases like these , it's nice that my fiancee is a Sheriff! :0:
Hahah winner

SensoRS6
August 5th, 2013, 19:31
I think I need to find a way to rent an airport once a week, just to get the speed out of my system.

August 5th, 2013, 20:20
Speedweeks in Bonneville starts this week. Thing 1 will be there, but could never run for time as the rules are way too restrictive.

SensoRS6
August 5th, 2013, 20:38
Speedweeks in Bonneville starts this week. Thing 1 will be there, but could never run for time as the rules are way too restrictive.

What do they restrict? I wish I was closer to do that. I need somewhere in Florida, I want to test the top speed.

August 5th, 2013, 20:44
What do they restrict? I wish I was closer to do that. I need somewhere in Florida, I want to test the top speed.

Full roll cage, gutted interior, 2 halon bottles for starters. Friends of ours help put it on each year. Fun to watch, but would be more fun to run.

SensoRS6
August 5th, 2013, 20:49
Full roll cage, gutted interior, 2 halon bottles for starters. Friends of ours help put it on each year. Fun to watch, but would be more fun to run.

How was Top Gear allowed to run timed then?

August 5th, 2013, 21:14
How was Top Gear allowed to run timed then?

Depends on the event and sponsor I think....SCTA (Southern California Timing Association) runs Speedweek....then there is World of Speed and I'm not sure about their rules. Maybe time to sneak out there this week before the event :)

SensoRS6
August 5th, 2013, 21:19
Depends on the event and sponsor I think....SCTA (Southern California Timing Association) runs Speedweek....then there is World of Speed and I'm not sure about their rules. Maybe time to sneak out there this week before the event :)

So Jealous!

DHall1
August 5th, 2013, 23:56
My days of street Racing are 30yrs ago. I never race unknown vehicles on public streets.

If you want the fast lane then take it. Just get out of my way when I do.

Except when Pat comes down and spanks me with my old car

August 6th, 2013, 00:10
My days of street Racing are 30yrs ago. I never race unknown vehicles on public streets.

If you want the fast lane then take it. Just get out of my way when I do.

Except when Pat comes down and spanks me with my old car

:) I shouldn't have done it....I'm 47...about to be 48...and getting caught means reporting to the government for my job....but was it a thrill to destroy a 911 turbo....ummm.....yes....

I could go to a track, where a special prepped Honda Civic with a guy that has put his life savings into it would spank the RS with a big turbo...but what fun is that? Rather spank the guy with more money than god that thought he was something....

4everRS
August 6th, 2013, 03:50
I remember the time I came home after an "overly spirited" run and told my wife, "if anyone comes to the house, you need to say that I've been here for hours".

She was confused, and a bit worried.

lswing
August 6th, 2013, 03:59
I remember the time I came home after an "overly spirited" run and told my wife, "if anyone comes to the house, you need to say that I've been here for hours".

She was confused, and a bit worried.

I've worried about the plates getting called in a few times, play safe...well, safe as you can.