PDA

View Full Version : OBD2 failure

UrS6
July 28th, 2013, 22:03
I just went for my state inspection here in Massachusetts. When they hooked up the OBD 2 reader to my car it wouldn't communicate. So they failed me and now I have to go to the state to have the car reinspected. The VCDS works fine but OBD 2 does not work at all. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? All the fuses look okay. I do have a six speed in the car with the ABS controller from a 6 speed car. There are no ABS codes but there are some other codes with the VCDS that say intermittent 01314 communication problem.

kday
July 30th, 2013, 23:08
That is troubling. Could it be the ECU tune you are running doesn't support (or inadvertently broke) OBD2? Is going back to a stock tune an option?

UrS6
July 31st, 2013, 15:51
That is troubling. Could it be the ECU tune you are running doesn't support (or inadvertently broke) OBD2? Is going back to a stock tune an option?
I'm going to bring it to Marc. He said he might need to reflash it

repda503
August 1st, 2013, 08:35
I just had this exact same problem. The obd2 scanners just look at the generic side that checks the monitors (fuel, O2 sensors, cat converters, etc.) as well as for diagnostic error codes. If they can't communicate with your cars generic system they don't know if your car is actually monitoring those areas even if VCDS does.

Your tuner should know how to fix it through VCDS and get it to pass.