PDA

View Full Version : Hotchkis sway bar setting rear

lswing
July 26th, 2013, 01:04
So who's running regular or stiffest setting, difference?

Going stiff is my plan, why not try and get the rear around more...

ben916
July 26th, 2013, 17:01
I HAD mine on the stiffest setting.

kevin
July 26th, 2013, 17:24
go stiff or go home!

Ms_RS6
July 26th, 2013, 19:11
I have mine on the stiffest setting as well.

lswing
July 26th, 2013, 19:40
Or as my mechanically jokingly put it...the loose control and go in the ditch setting...kidding, you'd have to drive the hell out of this car to get it loose when dry, wet another story, but still with the TC and PSS's it's damn stable.

Just to deviate; has anyone noticed their TC come on when cornering hard, and does it cut power along with braking the spinning wheel? I know it cuts power when spinning tires from a stop...

G2
July 26th, 2013, 19:57
Stiffest. Not so sure it makes much difference, due to the angle of the drop links.....and 2600lbs hanging over the front!

Yes, sure have. Cuts power at a hint of lateral slip. Annoying! My B6 S4 would have to be in a moderate slide before cutting in.

-- Can the ESP be recalibrated?--

lswing
July 26th, 2013, 20:17
Stiffest. Not so sure it makes much difference, due to the angle of the drop links.....and 2600lbs hanging over the front!

Yes, sure have. Cuts power at a hint of lateral slip. Annoying! My B6 S4 would have to be in a moderate slide before cutting in.

-- Can the ESP be recalibrated?--

Sounds about right for the sway. Interesting about the power cut, I'll have to give it a try!, seems like it would almost be prohibitive and cause loss of traction by cutting power, you could loose grab, hmmm.

MaxRS6
July 26th, 2013, 21:05
Stiffy and I like it with the KW's- its' a beautiful thing for da heavy pig...

Calibrate ESP??- Heck yeah- Turn it off!

lswing
July 26th, 2013, 21:21
Calibrate ESP??- Heck yeah- Turn it off!

MaxRS6, you're back!

I like your advice, sounds fun....I've turned it off when wet and spun tires through second from a stop, was entertaining...

G2
July 27th, 2013, 19:12
Sounds about right for the sway. Interesting about the power cut, I'll have to give it a try!, seems like it would almost be prohibitive and cause loss of traction by cutting power, you could loose grab, hmmm.

Seems progressive...but haven't pushed it too too hard.
Theres a long delay before it recoups in allowing higher engine loads.
--hwy 58 east to I5 north is a smooth, tight and wide U turn to try it on.
maybe ESP off to try one of Jezza's "lurid" slides next time!

lswing
August 6th, 2013, 23:11
These work excellent...finally got a chance to take a few highway sweepers where I normally get bad roll at 60....went around 70-80 and nice and level, control of the car felt much better!