PDA

View Full Version : I think it's time. Putting the Beast up for sale.

Patrick Godfrey
July 22nd, 2013, 19:06
Close to picking up a new 911 and selling both cars in the garage, including this magnificent example.

Pictures tomorrow, or Wednesday at the latest. Putting it here on the board before creating an actual listing.

Daytona/Silver.
19,5XX miles.
All recall work completed at dealer.
Bilstein PSS9 coilovers to fix the crappy DRC recall fix.
RNS-E professionally installed.
5/15/25K service performed at dealer (Ohio).
Audi Platinum Plus through 8/11/2017 / 72,000 miles.
Brand new OEM brake rotors/pads (fewer than 300 miles).
New Pilot Super Sport A/S.
Stock 18's (some curb rash).
Leather in excellent condition.
K40 Hardwired.

PM me with any questions. Thinking high 30s.

Thanks

lswing
July 22nd, 2013, 19:26
Can we get the last 5 of the VIN? Might diagnose a potential issue. Sounds nice, so little miles!

Patrick Godfrey
July 22nd, 2013, 20:22
Last five of the VIN: 04428

lswing
July 22nd, 2013, 20:33
Thanks. There's some surmising right now that at some point the TC or Trans was updated during the assembly, later the VIN the better, and you're in the ballpark of 5XXX which is good...I think.

lswing
July 22nd, 2013, 20:34
Porsche does sound nice, I just barely got beat in a 0-60 by a '13 Carerra S, fine car there...

Patrick Godfrey
July 22nd, 2013, 20:39
I don't know about the theories regarding VINs and assembly, but I do know that the car has a Platinum warranty for another 4+ years and 50K+ miles.

mik15
July 22nd, 2013, 20:44
this should be a nice example :), could you please post some pictures and what's the asking price?

DHall1
July 22nd, 2013, 20:50
That is a early VIN for the US spec.

My #3 is 45xx and trans just blew at 40k. My #2 was 43xx and the trans blew at 40k.

By late VIN we are talking 55xx which were in the range of Sept/03 builds and later. Remember these were only coming off the assembly line 200 a month or so.

As the OP noted, there is 4 years of service contract left on this beast so plenty of time to rack up the charges. GLWS

Thanks. There's some surmising right now that at some point the TC or Trans was updated during the assembly, later the VIN the better, and you're in the ballpark of 5XXX which is good...I think.

Patrick Godfrey
July 22nd, 2013, 22:16
Again, I'm not up to speed on theories about transmissions.

I do know for a fact that it's got 48 remaining months and 50K miles of warranty protection.

lswing
July 22nd, 2013, 22:19
That warranty is darn good, I would think mid-thirties for this beast, sounds nice!

I'm at 5035 and trans lasted until 90k or so....

DHall1
July 22nd, 2013, 22:34
Early or late VIN is just a theory we have been kicking around. That didnt stop me from buying my 3rd RS6 (early VIN) earlier this year. Similar to this one with very low mileage (30k) and Socal car its whole life. And extended service contract for over 3 more years. Car was pristine and bone stock but that didnt stop the trans from crapping out. Service contract has paid out like clock work and there are no major out of pocket expenses. Its a joy having a daily driver RS6 but I would never do it without the service contract. No car budget can take $10k a month for service repairs. Good thing #1 is the garage queen and has never had a driveline claim.

High 30s? Need to find the right buyer but the service contract alone is worth $$$

peiserg
July 23rd, 2013, 16:23
hmm i wonder if i can extend my warranty again. I've upped it twice. Ran me $10k total... but they've paid 30k (and are about to get hit for $7500 more)

nistah
July 23rd, 2013, 16:44
<<<<<14042 >>>>>

DHall1
July 23rd, 2013, 19:44
Ahhhh, you still are covered. Best 10k you ever spent eh?
hmm i wonder if i can extend my warranty again. I've upped it twice. Ran me $10k total... but they've paid 30k (and are about to get hit for $7500 more)

Patrick Godfrey
July 24th, 2013, 03:30
a few pics...

Patrick Godfrey
July 24th, 2013, 03:32

nene
July 24th, 2013, 04:13
Good luck with the sale Patrick. The car sounds like a great example, and with plenty of warranty to spare.

I would not pay much attention to the list of replaced transmissions being earlier examples. I think there are way too many factors that go into why transmissions can go bad with these high powered vehicles.

I have an early example (04574) and did have the TC replaced around 42K, but the transmission has been perfect as I have just reached 60K.
I think TC replacements have been somewhat more common than transmission replacement.

Good luck. Too bad you are not keeping the vehicle.

DHall1
July 24th, 2013, 05:23
Another perfect data point. TC at 42k is the norm for a early VIN RS6. The conditions have to be just right to take the transmission out along with the TC but the TC will go bad due to the seal failure.

TC seal fails....lockup clutch is unable to lockup due to low line pressure....low line pressure if not caught in time can damage fwd drum and pump......at the same time fluid temps are skyrocketing due to the TC that is unable to lock up....and fluid is toast. This has been confirmed by our resident transmission expert and the Master RS tech that works on my car at Audi.

Some cars can survive with just the TC if caught early enough. Some smoke the rest of the trans and fwd drum. Its not voodoo or smoke and mirrors its simply a component failure that was redesigned.

BTW, Nene my #3 was on the assembly line the same time as yours. VIN number is 10 units away. Daytona/ebony and the TC failed at 41k last month...bone stock.

Good luck with the sale Patrick. The car sounds like a great example, and with plenty of warranty to spare.

I would not pay much attention to the list of replaced transmissions being earlier examples. I think there are way too many factors that go into why transmissions can go bad with these high powered vehicles.

I have an early example (04574) and did have the TC replaced around 42K, but the transmission has been perfect as I have just reached 60K.
I think TC replacements have been somewhat more common than transmission replacement.

Good luck. Too bad you are not keeping the vehicle.

DHall1
July 24th, 2013, 05:27
She is a beauty. You're killing me with the Daytona/coilover pics. My Avus has KWV3s and my Daytona is stock DRC but at the proper height.

a few pics...

mik15
July 24th, 2013, 07:46
the car looks very good, love it...would you know if the warranty applies world wide or is it only for the US?

lswing
July 24th, 2013, 08:00
the car looks very good, love it...would you know if the warranty applies world wide or is it only for the US?

Ditch your car because of problems?

mik15
July 24th, 2013, 08:06
no mate, was just curious if the warranty you get in US applies world wide as i might be moving to Qatar from UAE and i couldn't import mine over there due to its age and i was thinking that maybe i can get it from US there given the diplomatic relations between these 2 countries...was just a thought, meanwhile i am also looking in Germany for a C6 to get it there as well, that one is newer so i wouldn't have issues with this regulation...

i've put in mine close to $20K in two years and that came straight from my pocket, i don't feel like doing it again if a buy another RS6 :), and one with 20k miles on the clock, mint condition and warranty for another few years will always be appealing, no matter how well maintained is yours..this particular one seems to have been well taken care of so who ever is looking for a nice example this is the one to have, even though it's pricier, but on a long term is the wise decision...

nistah
July 24th, 2013, 15:49
Again, I'm not up to speed on theories about transmissions.

I do know for a fact that it's got 48 remaining months and 50K miles of warranty protection.

Car looks sweet~! Can you confirm that the warranty is fully transferable? If yes what is the cost to transfer? Thanks!

Patrick Godfrey
July 24th, 2013, 16:59
Will find out the transfer cost. I think it's $50. But I'm looking at the Audi literature now, and it says "IMPROVED RESALE: Each plan is fully transferable, making your car more appealing to potential buyers."

nistah
July 24th, 2013, 17:05
Will find out the transfer cost. I think it's $50. But I'm looking at the Audi literature now, and it says "IMPROVED RESALE: Each plan is fully transferable, making your car more appealing to potential buyers."

Thanks, also is the warranty issued by AUDI or third party. It it's issued directly by Audi I think that would be another positive feature/benefit. & I see you have been on RS6.com since 2004! Are you the orignal owner??:addict:

Patrick Godfrey
July 24th, 2013, 17:40
Not the original owner. I had an Avus from 2003-2007, and then had an E60 M5. Hated the M5 in every possible way. Two years ago, found this RS6 in a climate-controlled garage in Ohio with 6800 miles. It had all dealer service through 25K, and I had it shipped to California. Recharging the AC and a broken headlight washer nozzle reservoir were the only issues. Put in RNS-E and PSS9's to correct historical wrongs.

Have put roughly 13K miles on in two years, driving to clients in San Jose and up to wine country. Just bought a '13 Carrera S. Not sure why. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

The warranty was purchased at a dealership, and is branded Audi in all materials -- but it is administered by Fidelity. It was applied in August of 2011, when the car had 7300 miles. It only cost $3400 for 6 years/72K Platinum coverage.

Bdubs
July 24th, 2013, 17:59

Warranty should be transferable for $50. Had an Audi Platinum warranty (Fidelity) on my 2007 S6 and it transferred for $50 when I sold it and it had transferred to me for $50 by the previous owner when I bought it (so multiple transfers shouldn't be an issue, either, if prospective buyers are thinking own for a few years and then sell with some warranty left for the next buyer).

Good luck with the sale.

DHall1
July 24th, 2013, 20:29
GLWS, in reality there are not many of these left in this condition with service contracts. Its like turning back the hands of time and buying a new/CPO RS6 in the 30s which is a steal. There is nothing to worry about in this purchase but to enjoy the RS6 for years to come. My #3 came from Socal in Jan13 with 30k and 40k left of the service contract. No brainer really, and a great daily driver. I don't think this one will last. And a funny note....the prev owner of my #3 Daytona/black had just purchased a new 991 CarreraS model and let the pristine RS6 go with much hesitation. :addict: FTW!
Not the original owner. I had an Avus from 2003-2007, and then had an E60 M5. Hated the M5 in every possible way. Two years ago, found this RS6 in a climate-controlled garage in Ohio with 6800 miles. It had all dealer service through 25K, and I had it shipped to California. Recharging the AC and a broken headlight washer nozzle reservoir were the only issues. Put in RNS-E and PSS9's to correct historical wrongs.

Have put roughly 13K miles on in two years, driving to clients in San Jose and up to wine country. Just bought a '13 Carrera S. Not sure why. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

The warranty was purchased at a dealership, and is branded Audi in all materials -- but it is administered by Fidelity. It was applied in August of 2011, when the car had 7300 miles. It only cost $3400 for 6 years/72K Platinum coverage.

DHall1
July 25th, 2013, 23:39
Better hurry up Pat!