PDA

View Full Version : Speaker upgrades

mbagge01
July 22nd, 2013, 06:57
I am trying to find out if anyone has replaced their bose speakers with aftermarket 2ohm speakers. I have come across various forums where this has been accomplished in other audi models and curious if this has been attempted by anyone here for better sound.

Greyyork
July 23rd, 2013, 16:15
You would get more clarity and better sound quality if you got a high/low amp and a separate sub. Bass will only come from sub not the speakers. = 10x higher sound quality.

mbagge01
July 23rd, 2013, 16:34
Does anyone design subwoofer stealthboxes for the C5 body vehicles or do you have any suggestions on amps/subwoofers. I am looking for something concealed and not a hugh subwoofer in the trunk.

bmlee007
July 23rd, 2013, 23:35
I've often thought about using the JL Audio shallow mount subs and making a box to hang from the rear deck. It would only be about 4" deep and would still allow you to use pass-through space with the seats folded down.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_13610TW3/JL-Audio-10TW3-D4.html

When I replaced the factory stereo in my A4, I used mb quart component speakers fed from the head unit and mounted the crossovers inside the door. I had a 10" Sony sub in the trunk running off of a dedicated Alpine amp. That thing shook. I wouldn't really want the same in the RS6, but a nice stealth system could really up the sound quality over the factory setup.

mbagge01
July 25th, 2013, 14:31
I have read in some of the other forums that the b5 guys were replacing their 80w bose amp with the a8 d2 bose amp which is 200w and it is plug and play. Does anyone know what the wattage of our amps are and if all bose amps are interchangeable.

G2
July 28th, 2013, 20:05
Good questions that I wouldn't mind knowing too.....been kicking around putting in some JBL door speakers (due to special pricing I get) if compatible ohm-wise.
The spare tire wheel well is quite big. Seems it wouldn't be hard to convert for some serious bass....or storage compartments,or maybe a small custom box that sits over the battery?

Seems RS6.com needs an audiophile forum....