PDA

View Full Version : Straight Piped the Beast

ryan
July 18th, 2013, 17:42
Yesterday I brought my beast into the exhaust shop. had the pre muffs and Mufflers removed and replaced by straight pipes. They made the pipes bolt-on so i can easily slide out the straight pipes and slide my old SE exhaust back in. I was a bit skeptical on how it would sound, just hearing Youtube vidoes. I could not stop smiling the entire way home, sound just like the SE exhaust cruising at 60, but when you hammer the throttle, WOW!! It sounds amazing in my opinion. Got the Thumbs up from at least 5 cars while driving home. Best 330 dollars i have ever spent. I will post a vid and pics soon. Anybody think any HP is gained?

10SecS4
July 18th, 2013, 18:02
Nice, you're still running all 4 cats then?

Yesterday I brought my beast into the exhaust shop. had the pre muffs and Mufflers removed and replaced by straight pipes. They made the pipes bolt-on so i can easily slide out the straight pipes and slide my old SE exhaust back in. I was a bit skeptical on how it would sound, just hearing Youtube vidoes. I could not stop smiling the entire way home, sound just like the SE exhaust cruising at 60, but when you hammer the throttle, WOW!! It sounds amazing in my opinion. Got the Thumbs up from at least 5 cars while driving home. Best 330 dollars i have ever spent. I will post a vid and pics soon. Anybody think any HP is gained?

ryan
July 18th, 2013, 18:38
Previous owner said pre cats in the DP's where gutted. I dont know how true it it since i havent heard a stock SE with or with out pre cats to compare it to, so I am going to assume that it is not. So yes I would think it has the pre cats and the regular cats.

makaveli42
July 18th, 2013, 20:15
Gut them bad boys then you can join the straight piped from turbos to tips club!!

kilian tuning
July 18th, 2013, 20:26
14033like so?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFI2KCwy8j4

ryan
July 18th, 2013, 21:21
Any HP gains?

lswing
July 18th, 2013, 21:25
Any HP gains?

Cats are the main restrictor, I'd guess 5hp maybe, if anything?

Suppose a bit lighter too...

I bet it feels faster with the extra noise!

10SecS4
July 18th, 2013, 21:49
Gutting the pre-cats -- the two smaller cats closest to the turbos -- is worth 1-2 tenths and 1-2 MPH in the 1/4 mile on the RS6. Probably in the 20-30 HP range, but this is on a tuned RS6. I presume the gains would be smaller on a stock RS6.

Cats are the main restrictor, I'd guess 5hp maybe, if anything?

Suppose a bit lighter too...

I bet it feels faster with the extra noise!

ben916
July 18th, 2013, 22:00

Military?

If so, be warned that if you get xferred back to Cali, that might not pass smog...

ryan
July 18th, 2013, 22:23
I am assuming you have to pull the motor to gut the pre-cats.

Yes mililtary, Have another 3 years in wa, and live in Skagit County where there is 0 emmisions testing

lswing
July 18th, 2013, 22:53
I am assuming you have to pull the motor to gut the pre-cats.

Yes mililtary, Have another 3 years in wa, and live in Skagit County where there is 0 emmisions testing

Loosen engine and move up to get to pipes bolted to turbos, minor/moderate PIA...

4everRS
July 20th, 2013, 04:37
To the OP, as it is with tipping your waitress, it's customary to post a video with sound of the new music.

;)

Greyyork
July 20th, 2013, 08:20
I'm so ridiculously jelly. Also military in Schweinfurt Germany. DESPERATELY searching for a good turbo back straight pipe exhaust system. after watching the "gut your precats and cats" videos I definitely just want to buy a new exhaust.

Jimmy
July 22nd, 2013, 17:05
Any droning noises ? Nice tips btw !!

Bigglezworth
July 22nd, 2013, 19:20
Gutting the pre-cats -- the two smaller cats closest to the turbos -- is worth 1-2 tenths and 1-2 MPH in the 1/4 mile on the RS6. Probably in the 20-30 HP range, but this is on a tuned RS6.
Bingo....!