PDA

View Full Version : For Sell: 2003 Audi RS6

jesse129
July 15th, 2013, 18:57
Hi all,

I have watched the forums while owning my beast over the last few years and I have recently had to put mine own up for sale. I purchased her from another member (4dr911) a few years ago. She is my daily driver but alas I have to let her go.

ebay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-RS6-Base-Sedan-4-Door-2003-audi-rs-6-base-sedan-4-door-4-2-l-/111119847198?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19df424f1e&vxp=mtr
or
Item #: 111119847198

I'm moving and will only be a mile from my office so we are reducing down to one vehicle. My loss is someone's gain! She has been a joy to drive. I have had Raudel at Reisu Motorsports do all of the work except for one shock that had to be done by the dealer.

Other_Erik
July 15th, 2013, 20:20
jesse

Congrats on your first post after 3 and a half years :) I'm in love with your entire setup (Daytona on black, RNS-E, K40...) wishing you'd put this up for sale 6-8 weeks ago.

The deciding factor for me picking up #905530 last month was absolutely the Pre-Purchase Inspection. I'd done that with a couple before deciding on mine and most found $8-12k worth of maintenance needed before they'd be considered "CPO-worthy" - if you can stand throwing the extra $130 or so into selling it, it may make the difference between getting your full asking price and getting lowballed...

Sorry to see you getting rid of your grocery-getting street rocket, but congrats on the new job so close to home! :)

Other_Erik

StormFront
July 16th, 2013, 04:05
There's hardly any maintanence information in your listing. Has it had a timing belt done recently? What about brakes? Does it still have the DRC system? If so, was it replaced under the factory campaign? What about transmission/torque converter work?

bmwade
July 16th, 2013, 05:06
Ditto, with no info provided in listing someone wold be cray cray to pay more than 13-14. If you have info you need to provide atleast some of it in the listing....also how are you living in Houston with no front plate!

papadoc
July 16th, 2013, 05:17
Hmmm, VIN 04520 with 116K miles and original transmission? Well, good luck with sale but caveat emptor...

lswing
July 16th, 2013, 07:12
For sell...end/

jesse129
July 16th, 2013, 13:54
Hi all,

I wanted to get something out quickly and field questions as they came in to focus on what everyone would be interested in knowing.
I'll get the exact dates for all of the following repairs that have been done within the last 1yr to 18 months (brakes, TC, exhaust, speed sensors etc...)

DRC was repaired via the factory recall prior to my purchase and I am about to have the 115k maintenance cycle done (delayed due to work schedule) which includes timing belt. I have a busy morning but will post the updated dates later today.

Appreciate the feedback

StormFront
July 17th, 2013, 03:03
Hi all,

I wanted to get something out quickly and field questions as they came in to focus on what everyone would be interested in knowing.
I'll get the exact dates for all of the following repairs that have been done within the last 1yr to 18 months (brakes, TC, exhaust, speed sensors etc...)

DRC was repaired via the factory recall prior to my purchase and I am about to have the 115k maintenance cycle done (delayed due to work schedule) which includes timing belt. I have a busy morning but will post the updated dates later today.

Appreciate the feedback

Eagerly awaiting your reply. I am looking for a DG on Ebony :)

DHall1
July 17th, 2013, 03:32
I remember 4dr911. Very cool fellow. This car may still have the EC flash. If so get it updated to the new tune at no charge. PM me

I'm torn but think the DG/Ebony is my favorite color combo. My Avus/Ebony has all the mods but that DG is just a beauty.

Eagerly awaiting your reply. I am looking for a DG on Ebony :)

Papadelogan
July 20th, 2013, 12:38
I am very interested to see what repairs have been done whether it is in the past year or past 5 years. There's a beautiful r6 not too far from where I live, but with zero maintenance records I'm not touching it.

On a side note, didn't these come in a beautiful dark blue color?

StormFront
July 20th, 2013, 12:46
Yes^ Mugello Blue

lswing
July 20th, 2013, 19:05
^fastest color...

jesse129
July 20th, 2013, 20:38
I am very interested to see what repairs have been done whether it is in the past year or past 5 years. There's a beautiful r6 not too far from where I live, but with zero maintenance records I'm not touching it.

On a side note, didn't these come in a beautiful dark blue color?

all of the service has been in the last 2 to 2 1/2 years at Reisu Motorsports in Houston. Feel free to call me or Reisu. (713) 828-8576.

jesse

ttboost
July 20th, 2013, 23:25
^fastest color...

Yep...

:rs6kiss:

Papadelogan
July 23rd, 2013, 03:14
Bidding on ebay didn't get past $11,500... probably because of the lack of maintenance history. Let me be plain:

I am interested in this car and..... I HAVE CASH.... but I won't buy "blind". No info = no chance in hell of me buying. I try to be simple and to the point. ;)

lswing
July 23rd, 2013, 03:18
You guys talk yet? Sounds like you know buying this car in a bad state can cost you $5-15k...

Good luck with the search and purchase!

Other_Erik
July 23rd, 2013, 12:40
Bidding on ebay didn't get past $11,500... probably because of the lack of maintenance history. Let me be plain:

I am interested in this car and..... I HAVE CASH.... but I won't buy "blind". No info = no chance in hell of me buying. I try to be simple and to the point. ;)

So you've got 2 options, both working with the seller

Firstly: You can have the seller bring the car to his closest Audi dealership, and have them perform a Pre-Purchase inspection. Cost to you: 1 hour labor (~$135 depending on shop rate)
Second: You can have the seller bring the car to his closest Audi dealership, and have them perform a CPO-Equivalent inspection. Cost to you: 4 hours labor (~$500 depending on shop rate)

The PPI will catch all the major stuff - fluid leaks, thrown codes, etc... Will give you an idea of how much it'll cost to make it roadworthy
The CPO-equivalent will catch all the minor stuff as well - cracked plastics, missing bolt covers, etc.... Will give you a pretty good idea how much it'll cost to make it show-worthy

When I was looking for an RS6, I had a number of them I was interested in. Had each of the interesting ones taken into a dealership for PPI. Ended up spending ~$1100 having 8 different ones inspected. Big difference was that I saved myself probably ~$12-15k worth of needed maintenance/repairs in comparison to the one I ended up with.

Papadelogan
July 24th, 2013, 13:45
So you've got 2 options, both working with the seller

Firstly: You can have the seller bring the car to his closest Audi dealership, and have them perform a Pre-Purchase inspection. Cost to you: 1 hour labor (~$135 depending on shop rate)
Second: You can have the seller bring the car to his closest Audi dealership, and have them perform a CPO-Equivalent inspection. Cost to you: 4 hours labor (~$500 depending on shop rate)

The PPI will catch all the major stuff - fluid leaks, thrown codes, etc... Will give you an idea of how much it'll cost to make it roadworthy
The CPO-equivalent will catch all the minor stuff as well - cracked plastics, missing bolt covers, etc.... Will give you a pretty good idea how much it'll cost to make it show-worthy

When I was looking for an RS6, I had a number of them I was interested in. Had each of the interesting ones taken into a dealership for PPI. Ended up spending ~$1100 having 8 different ones inspected. Big difference was that I saved myself probably ~$12-15k worth of needed maintenance/repairs in comparison to the one I ended up with.

Agreed... I could ask the sellor to take the car to get an inspection, but there's a part of me that wonders why the sellor won't make the effort to disclose what they know about the car in their own "for sale" thread. We're talking about, what... 10 minutes of effort to login and add a new post? I'm interested, but not in a rush, and when I feel like I'm putting in more effort to find out the details, it makes me feel like the sellor has something to hide, or isn't willing to be up-front. Maybe his life is so busy he doesn't have time, but me personally, I think 10 minutes of my free time is worth several thousand dollars.

If he won't take 10 minutes to update his "for sale" thread, I don't see any way he'd have (or be willing) the time to take the car for an inspection.