PDA

View Full Version : Rear seat airbag wiring

Travis
July 10th, 2013, 02:24
Well powercruise is this weekend and since we have about 20 guys in our group coming up I decided to pull the rear seat out ( powercruise allows as many passengers in the car as it was designed for) and since im not going to deal with people constantly wanting to fill all the seats for a lap around the track they need to come out to save my overly nice attitude and allowing it, no seats, no problems :) all seat peices came out fine with the exception of the back passenger side, apparently theres an airbag burried in there somewhere? When I popped the seat off the center support bracket the yellow connector managed to come unclipped, luckily there was no ill effects since the battery was still connected (had no idea there was an airbag in there so didnt bother disconnecting the battery) disconnected the rest of the harness and the seat is out. And as expected my air bag light is now on. Searched the forum for about 20 minutes and the only thing I came across was a case of new front seats being installed and using a 4.7ohm resistor to jump the plug and make the computer happy. Will this also work for my rear seat issue? Somewhat dumb question I know, but id hate to cause any damage by not asking. Sorry for the long explanation but I figured it would save the rice-burner "remove rear seat make car faster!" Comments haha

TozoM8
July 10th, 2013, 05:13
You can just live with it until you put the seats back and clear the codes.

Travis
July 10th, 2013, 10:43
Will the rest of the airbag system operate properly with the fault? That was the main concern incase (god forbid) something should happen on the track