PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got an extra hood?

lswing
June 30th, 2013, 01:39
Looking to cut vents for the summer. Color doesn't matter as I'm getting a few things painted anyhow. Wanting hood with full grill, rings, rs6 logo...let me know$...

4everRS
June 30th, 2013, 03:44
The hood is the same as any C5 4.2 facelift car. They're all aluminum. The grill is very easily exchanged from your other hood. It would take less than 5 mins.

lswing
June 30th, 2013, 20:17
Very good, thanks!

Kgnast
September 10th, 2013, 17:57
Didn't see this until now. Yes, I have a hood from my A6 4.2, It's nemo blue. I also have a spare (NEW) RS6 grill w/ the rings already on. Don't know if you need this stuff anymore.

Very good, thanks!

lswing
September 10th, 2013, 18:45
I might be game for that depending on price, bet shipping will be a b!tch, PM me or post. I've got a good paint and body guy here. Choice would be type of cuts and location. Heard the swap of hoods isn't too bad.

Just a note, guy re-sprayed my front bumper, off the car with no blending to side panels or hood, it's damn perfect, mugello blue color might help the blending, but it's seamless, very happy, and $355 with repairs to the bumper.

as350
September 10th, 2013, 19:42
That's a great price for a respray. If I had know about this a few months ago I would have brought him more business. I spent an arm and a leg to redo the fenders here in Bend.

lswing
September 10th, 2013, 20:08
Yep, really happy with the quality, small shop that looks ghetto, but the guy cares about his work and uses good paint. We took him the bumper, so that helped on cost I'm guessing...

Kgnast
September 11th, 2013, 13:48
$350 is what we charge to re-condition and paint a bumper (off the car). Here in Bklyn NY, bumpers are always getting thrashed. The people around here park not by way of using their eyes, mirrors, backup cameras, etc. They just keep going until they hit something. I try to never put the car on the street. I have an Audi A4 I use to run errands, etc when I know I am going to have park somewhere on the street.