PDA

View Full Version : Just added another RS6 to the family

kvicen
June 29th, 2013, 04:44
I just received 904833 from another RS6.com member. It is a beautiful car. It has a TC problem that I hope to get squared away quickly and then I can get a Fidelity warranty on it. I talked to Tozo today and he gave me some tips on what to look for before replacing the TC.

DHall1
June 29th, 2013, 05:02
Congrats to the #2 club. I have also been on the phone with Tozo for the past couple of weeks.

Depending on the mileage of the car...if its been driven with a open TC you may opt to just do the whole trans.

Ask me how I know. And I only drove mine for 2 weeks.

Fidelity may no longer be a good idea. They have learned over the years and now the policies cost an arm and a leg. Not worth it.

kvicen
June 29th, 2013, 05:26
It has 54,000 miles. My Mugello blue RS6 had 53k miles on it two months ago when I got a Fidellity platinum warranty on it from Audi. I had to have it pre-inspected first but I made sure everything was up to par before I took it in. It cost me $5k for a 4 year 48 month warranty. That is a lot of money but it will pay for itself over time. Here is a picture of another Daytona Grey RS6 that I purchased 3 weeks ago from a auction in Pittsburgh. It was a another members car that he had traded in a year ago. I had it inspected by the auction and everything was good. When it was delivered the transmission was slipping. I took it to Audi and had them diagnose it. They said the transmission clutches were bad. They gave me a discounted price of $8900 to put a new one in. I made the auction buy it back. It will be going through the auction again but with the announcement of bad transmission this time. I will try and buy it again at a discounted price.

DHall1
June 29th, 2013, 06:47
Holy cow you're getting smoking prices from that dealer.

Fidelity prices were quoted to other members in the range of 8k last year.

And the trans alone is almost that much at the dealer.

5k for a 4/48 depending on the plan is a crap shoot because of two reasons.

1. The most the plan will pay is what you paid for your car. Say 24k
2. The most the plan will pay at any one time is NADA low retail. Say 19k

I would consider it at 5k though

It has 54,000 miles. My Mugello blue RS6 had 53k miles on it two months ago when I got a Fidellity platinum warranty on it from Audi. I had to have it pre-inspected first but I made sure everything was up to par before I took it in. It cost me $5k for a 4 year 48 month warranty. That is a lot of money but it will pay for itself over time. Here is a picture of another Daytona Grey RS6 that I purchased 3 weeks ago from a auction in Pittsburgh. It was a another members car that he had traded in a year ago. I had it inspected by the auction and everything was good. When it was delivered the transmission was slipping. I took it to Audi and had them diagnose it. They said the transmission clutches were bad. They gave me a discounted price of $8900 to put a new one in. I made the auction buy it back. It will be going through the auction again but with the announcement of bad transmission this time. I will try and buy it again at a discounted price.

twinsteve
June 29th, 2013, 14:41
Congrats to the #2 club. I have also been on the phone with Tozo for the past couple of weeks.

Depending on the mileage of the car...if its been driven with a open TC you may opt to just do the whole trans.

Ask me how I know. And I only drove mine for 2 weeks.

Fidelity may no longer be a good idea. They have learned over the years and now the policies cost an arm and a leg. Not worth it.

My dealer just quoted me $5k for a 3 year Platinum warranty...I have 52,xxx miles...my current Platinum contract (which I bought from same dealer) is expiring in 3 months....

kvicen
June 29th, 2013, 23:36
I shopped around between 2 Audi and 1 Ford dealers to get the best price. Each came up with a different figure. I ended up going with Fort Worth Audi.

10SecS4
June 30th, 2013, 01:08
Which auction? Copart or Manheim?

10SecS4
June 30th, 2013, 01:13
Wasn't the 904833 car the lemon law buy back car from CA? IIRC someone on here from MI bought it and was trying to flip it for a 2-3K profit even AFTER it developed torque converter issues.

kvicen
June 30th, 2013, 06:21
Yes the Avus silver car was the lemon law car that I bought from another member. 904952 was bought from Manheim and it was also a previous forum members car.