PDA

View Full Version : Note about registering to the RS6.com forum (new members)

Erik
June 20th, 2013, 14:49
This is a message for any new member trying to register.

Each new member is moderated to avoid spammers to register.

Regardless what methods I've tried using, I'm still getting a massive amount of spammers (spam bots) registering.

If I wait for a day or two before I moderate new users I'm having 100+ members, and 99% of them are "fake" accounts.

It is really difficult to identify real persons amongst a long list of generic emails and IP addresses.

So I have been forced to ban new members with e-mail addresses containing @hotmail.com @Yahoo.com.
Yes...all the @mail.ru and onlinemoneymaking.org are banned too ;)

You can still register using, for instance: "name @ no-spamming-Company . com" etc.

There is still a small chance I don't discover you as a 'real' person. Please excuse me in advance.

I really, really hate this, but at the moment I see no other way.

/ Erik @RS6.com

PS RS6.com will never sell our email database to anyone else, and we do not mass email. It's a forum. Period.

Papadelogan
June 21st, 2013, 14:39
I ran in to a little trouble joining this forum but I must say that Erik was EXTREMELY helpful in sorting it out and well, here I am. I just wanted to thank you again Erik, but do it publicly so that others know that they will get sorted out. Thanks again!

Erik
October 10th, 2013, 08:03
Just Another day in a webmasters life... another 140 "members" deleted this morning.

I f*cking hate spam bots. :(

Turbowned
October 15th, 2013, 00:51
Thanks for getting me through, Erik. I'm a real boy I promise! Very happy to get my learn on when it comes to the RS 6 :)

lswing
October 15th, 2013, 02:03
Thanks for all the work Erik, I deal with plenty of that myself.

I would support a yearly fundraiser like you had a while back. Thanks!

Erik
October 15th, 2013, 10:54
Thanks, appreciate it.

Erik
March 25th, 2014, 07:27
LOL didn't look at "new members" over the weekend and had 3 real new peopl and about 600 spammers registering.

Unless people use a pretty clear user name and email it's not easy to spot.

I try to use this on the most common spammers now, feels a bit better fighting back. :D

http://www.scammerspammer.com/status.php

JohnnyB
November 24th, 2014, 06:30
I admit, I was a bit perturbed when my first attempt was denied. But I didn't see this sticky and I certainly understand your predicament. Thank you for letting me in on this second try though. This board has been a big help in my decision to pull the trigger on my first RS6 and I'd love to contribute back.

spoolinrs6
April 23rd, 2015, 13:25
how do i post or start a new thread or post on here? im new and i dont know how

lswing
April 23rd, 2015, 14:15
how do i post or start a new thread or post on here? im new and i dont know how

Button is on the top left of the main page that has a listing of all the threads.

spoolinrs6
April 24th, 2015, 13:16
Button is on the top left of the main page that has a listing of all the threads. still couldnt find it

lswing
April 24th, 2015, 13:41
Once you log in to the forum, you will have a list of the options on this site. Choose RS6 / S6 / RS7 / S7 / S8, which is where you have been viewing and posting reply's. Upper left is a button that says Post New Thread. Try a different browser or computer if you are on a mobile device.

spoolinrs6
April 24th, 2015, 13:45
got it thanks.

Erik
May 2nd, 2017, 14:14
I set "New User Registrations" to NO. This means that it is currently not possible to register new users.

There are just too many spammers around at the moment, and I will be out of office for a few days.

If you want to register I plan to open this option at a later stage, you can send me an email and I can open the function.

Perhaps time to upgrade the forum software to get the latest anti-spam functions.

amcocr
August 30th, 2017, 17:57
Thanks for the add Erik

Erik
June 14th, 2018, 07:20
Sorry to all members who have tried (and failed( registering.

I have now changed some settings. Hope it works.

We still get a huge amount of spam bots that try to become members, and it's really difficult (and time consuming) to recognize a human in all this mess.

PLEASE chose a name and please use an email which stands out as a real one, it will make my life a lot easier. Thanks!

Erik
January 24th, 2019, 14:52
Added a few new members today.

Sorry it's taking so long time, but when I open the forum for registrations I get hundreds (over 800 today) spam "members" registering.

So it's difficult to see a spam bot vs a real person, and I'm sure I miss a few. Sorry in advance!

Erik
March 18th, 2019, 14:49
And if you email me, please give me a reference as to which email or forum name you used.

Example: "Hi, I registered but under another email" - isn't going to help me, and in the end not yourself. I get many of those.

Cheers!

Erik
January 20th, 2020, 08:54
A few new members approved today.

Sorry for the wait and Welcome!

GermanzAutozYaa
October 15th, 2020, 19:26
Thanks for the add Erik! Glad to be on the forum.

kruat
October 16th, 2020, 02:39
Your the man Erik, thanks for keeping our forum full of people who actually own or owned a RS6.

nikrs6
December 2nd, 2020, 00:50
Thank you for the account approval.

tkrtape1
May 10th, 2021, 02:43
I've been on for a bit, but just started actually reaching out for help as I'm starting to make mods to my RS6 and so far the 2 guys I've reached out to have been great with advice and direction...Thanks!

IchBautAuto
July 23rd, 2021, 01:08
A quick introduction of me (newest member) and my cars. I bought my first Audi in 2001, a new A4 quattro 1.8 manual sedan. What was known as the GP model with 132 Kw. I still have that car with 140,000 Km on the clock, mostly highway miles so the engine and running gear have relatively few hours up. This car is stock and still drives like new. Other than the normal routine maintenance, taxes, insurance and tyres, the car has cost me $30 for a replacement coolant temperature sender in 20 years, so a great example of reliability.

In late 2013 I bought a 2001 RS4. A car not sold in the US for example. It had only had a few owners and 240,00 Km up when I bought it. The first owner kept it standard, the second spent some time and money refreshing the car, a mild (circa 450 hp) tune and some expensive aftermarket additions, Wagner intercoolers, transmission braces etc. Unfortunately he didn’t really concentrate on the suspension or brakes so on purchase I had to replace both the suspension and brakes. That said, it has also been totally reliable for the last 8 years, to the extent that it is still on the original K04 turbos at 290,000 Km.

I also bought a 2.7 allroad in 2014 which I kept for 6 years. The usual air suspension issues but otherwise again absolutely no other issues in my time with the car. Probably the best all rounder I have ever owned.
In late 2019 I elected to replace the allroad with an RS6. I found one 5,000 Km away and flew to inspect and buy. Really well presented with 107,000 Km up and with the full Wagner and Miltek upgrade fitted. Australian delivered cars come with basically the full option pack so the same as the upspec Euro models with 19 inch wheels and Recaro seats etc. Luckily I had intended to ship the car home as while it was in great shape, the DRC was shot without the owner noticing (or acknowledging) it was dead. I’d consider myself fussy (OCD like many car people) and it actually took 3 months after I received the car before it went on the road.

So, I currently have 3 Audi with clean scans, all of which get driven regularly. Proof if needed that not all Audi and especially RS cars are problematic or unreliable.

https://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19472&stc=1

tkrtape1
July 23rd, 2021, 12:38
Very nice ����, I het mine back this week, new suspension, down pipes , intercoolers… should be a blast.