PDA

View Full Version : 2010 RS6 for sale in Mexico!

Ghost-
June 19th, 2013, 20:58
Good day!
I Know the USA and Canada did not get the C6 RS6, fortunatelly it was sold in Mexico. I went to Autoplaza.com.mx and just found a C6 RS6 AVANT for sale with less than 19,000 kms!
Here is the link if someone is interested and has the way the legalize it in the USA.

http://www.autos-usados.autoplaza.com.mx/Autos/Audi-RS6-2010~idA24542144.aspx

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT KNOW ANYONE RELATED TO THIS SALE, I AM JUST INFORMING HERE IN CASE SOMEONE FINDS IT USEFUL.

Ghost-

LIRS6
June 19th, 2013, 21:55
$98,500 US for a 2010 Avant ... sounds a tad rich to me

Ghost-
June 19th, 2013, 22:05
$98,500 US for a 2010 Avant ... sounds a tad rich to me

You are right, the price may sound high, but remember that the people the bought one of the 20 RS6 C6 (5 of those 20 are avant) here in Mexico know what kind of car this is. Also the price when it was new was a little more than $1,800,000.00 MXN O.o

1uglymug
June 19th, 2013, 23:35
That is a special car! Thanks for sharing.

NSU RS6
June 19th, 2013, 23:41
If this doesn't show how effed up our DOT is, that Mexico gets a C6 RS6, and the US doesn't, I don't know what does. Of course, part of the equation is that general Audi attitude to screw the US........

bmwade
June 20th, 2013, 01:01
Tack on another 30k to buy an A6 Avant to get the vin tags off of and register it as an A6 Avant, then insure it as though you did an engine swap to the A6. Then 'chop shop' the A6 and hopefully get a good chunk of that back.....but yes 100k is fairly steep...might get off cheaper buying one in EU...

option #2 is buy the cheapest possible piece of property in Mexico and set up whatever the equivalent of an LLC is and register it to that. Then bring it up here and keep Mexican registration on it...insurance would be slightly nightmarish to put it lightly, though you might not actually need it depending on what the international laws on suing a foreign company are....

If I were in the market I would probably go the A6 route...

DHall1
June 20th, 2013, 01:21
All in with a C5 RS6 avant conversion with full vin numbers and swapped properly into a C5 S6 chassis. $35k

Priceless

I researched what it would take to buy a shanty in Mexico. For a crime ridden corrupt country it sure costs a lot of money to buy anything.

Tack on another 30k to buy an A6 Avant to get the vin tags off of and register it as an A6 Avant, then insure it as though you did an engine swap to the A6. Then 'chop shop' the A6 and hopefully get a good chunk of that back.....but yes 100k is fairly steep...might get off cheaper buying one in EU...

option #2 is buy the cheapest possible piece of property in Mexico and set up whatever the equivalent of an LLC is and register it to that. Then bring it up here and keep Mexican registration on it...insurance would be slightly nightmarish to put it lightly, though you might not actually need it depending on what the international laws on suing a foreign company are....

If I were in the market I would probably go the A6 route...

v8a6
June 20th, 2013, 02:57
Hmmmmm..... I have a close friend who owns a house in Acapulco. He is half Mexican, and his wife was born there. He had the house built from scratch. I could probably register it under his address. All I need is another $97,000 USD and this sucker will be calling it's new home the Great White North!

bmwade
June 20th, 2013, 04:34
All in with a C5 RS6 avant conversion with full vin numbers and swapped properly into a C5 S6 chassis. $35k

Priceless

I researched what it would take to buy a shanty in Mexico. For a crime ridden corrupt country it sure costs a lot of money to buy anything.

Yep it's going to cost well north of 100k for a US citizen to drive this car in the US. I'll gladly give up 2 cylinders and 100-150hp in exchange for +$70k. Maybe in 3-4 years the C6 prices will fall enough to make it feasible.

10SecS4
June 20th, 2013, 04:43
Don't do it!! No FMVSS sticker. Go directly to jail without passing go. Buyer beware!!! Notifying the EPA, DOT, CBP and NHTSA in the AM.

bmwade
June 20th, 2013, 04:51
Don't do it!! No FMVSS sticker. Go directly to jail without passing go. Buyer beware!!! Notifying the EPA, DOT, CBP and NHTSA in the AM.

ROFL :applause:

June 20th, 2013, 05:29
98k.....Hmm....I can have my 2 RS's and a house in Detroit...

mik15
June 20th, 2013, 07:25
a similar one in Europe, with same mileage costs around $84K - without taxes, if you add the taxes it will be 100k, so pretty much the same....

ben916
June 20th, 2013, 18:26
Thee ONLY problem with having a C6 RS6 in the U.S. is this: There is absolutely no one to service it

nistah
July 3rd, 2013, 05:42

How about buy a high milage 2008-2010 S6 and swap the RS6 engine in. S6 20kish RS6 engine 15K shipped from europe swap labor and supplies 5K ??? What am I glossing over??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Audi-RS6-4F-RS-6-5-0-TFSI-V10-427kW-580HP-Code-BUH-TwinTurbo-Complete-/181165880364?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a2e53f42c&vxp=mtr

UrS6
July 3rd, 2013, 15:07
Has anyone thought about contacting a Registered Importer and petitioning to have an RS6 imported? I figure $25k and 6 months and you have a legit car

10SecS4
July 3rd, 2013, 15:53
There was a Canadian company that already tried and failed. It was going to cost them way more than $25K too.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/110020924478/
http://www.horchaus.com/Car_imports.html

At the end of the day you have to grow some balls and not worry so much if the car you're driving has an FMVSS sticker or not. I've never seen nor heard of any police officer, insurance adjuster, etc. ever checking for an FMVSS sticker. I didn't even know one existed until you brought it up.

Has anyone thought about contacting a Registered Importer and petitioning to have an RS6 imported? I figure $25k and 6 months and you have a legit car

UrS6
July 3rd, 2013, 18:37
There was a Canadian company that already tried and failed. It was going to cost them way more than $25K too.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/110020924478/
http://www.horchaus.com/Car_imports.html

At the end of the day you have to grow some balls and not worry so much if the car you're driving has an FMVSS sticker or not. I've never seen nor heard of any police officer, insurance adjuster, etc. ever checking for an FMVSS sticker. I didn't even know one existed until you brought it up.

Hmmm. I guess that would be one way of looking at it. Some might say you'd have to be stupid to drive around in a car that exposes you to a huge liability if you were ever involved in an accident. Especially if it was your fault and there was a fatality. When I had insurance adjusters look at my cars in the past, the first thing they did was open the drivers door and take a photo of the FMVSS sticker with the VIN on it and then the windshield VIN. You can bet your ass that when they saw that was missing it would send up a red flag and they would thoroughly investigate what was going on. An insurance company would love to deny a million dollar claim. But i'm a cautious person and I have my business, home, cars, etc. well insured. I guess everyone has a different perspective. One persons balls is another's foolhardiness.

bmwade
July 3rd, 2013, 19:04
Hmmm. I guess that would be one way of looking at it. Some might say you'd have to be stupid to drive around in a car that exposes you to a huge liability if you were ever involved in an accident. Especially if it was your fault and there was a fatality. When I had insurance adjusters look at my cars in the past, the first thing they did was open the drivers door and take a photo of the FMVSS sticker with the VIN on it and then the windshield VIN. You can bet your ass that when they saw that was missing it would send up a red flag and they would thoroughly investigate what was going on. An insurance company would love to deny a million dollar claim. But i'm a cautious person and I have my business, home, cars, etc. well insured. I guess everyone has a different perspective. One persons balls is another's foolhardiness.

I guess if it was registered to a Nevada LLC you might could reduce the risk to an acceptable amount. Buy a cheap crack house in Nevada to use as the address. Then when you crash all you're out is the crack house and the 100k car....

Bigglezworth
July 4th, 2013, 00:26
As I understand it, this vehicle is legally able to be imported in to Canada.

http://autos.sympatico.ca/features/9828/canada-opens-door-to-used-vehicles-from-mexico

That said though, I can find no supporting literature on the RIV site to reference the procedure required for Mexico. All RIV references remain for US only. I am going to research this further even though I could never cough up that much coin for a car that is barely (if at all) faster than the C5 ride I already have.

10SecS4
July 4th, 2013, 01:30
If the insurance company sells you a policy on the car and insures the car, why would you not be covered in an accident? Did you read your insurance company's policy front to back and read that if the car they're insuring doesn't have an FMVSS sticker you're automatically not covered? I've never heard of anything like that before. Likewise, I've never heard of an insurance company even checking for the presence of an FMVSS sticker. Sure they take a photo of the VIN numbers during a photo inspection, but check for an FMVSS sticker? No way.

If it sets a red flag, how come all four owners of the RS600 had no problem with the photo inspection or subsequent insurance policies that were issued for the car? All four of us, me, the guy in MN, guy in CT and now the guy in MI had photo inspections done for our respective insurance companies and had zero issues. If what you're saying is correct and they check for the FMVSS sticker during the photo inspection, why is that all 4 of us had no issues whatsoever?

If you or anyone else is that concerned with a vehicle lacking a FMVSS sticker, again, I've never heard or seen a cop or insurance adjuster look for one of these stickers let alone even know what it is, you can just buy one on Ebay. Problem solved.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=m570.l3201&_nkw=fmvss+sticker&_sacat=0

Life is too short to worry about FMVSS stickers. Buy the car, enjoy it and have fun. That's what the current owner is doing!

UrS6
July 4th, 2013, 16:18
If the insurance company sells you a policy on the car and insures the car, why would you not be covered in an accident? Did you read your insurance company's policy front to back and read that if the car they're insuring doesn't have an FMVSS sticker you're automatically not covered? I've never heard of anything like that before. Likewise, I've never heard of an insurance company even checking for the presence of an FMVSS sticker. Sure they take a photo of the VIN numbers during a photo inspection, but check for an FMVSS sticker? No way.

If it sets a red flag, how come all four owners of the RS600 had no problem with the photo inspection or subsequent insurance policies that were issued for the car? All four of us, me, the guy in MN, guy in CT and now the guy in MI had photo inspections done for our respective insurance companies and had zero issues. If what you're saying is correct and they check for the FMVSS sticker during the photo inspection, why is that all 4 of us had no issues whatsoever?

If you or anyone else is that concerned with a vehicle lacking a FMVSS sticker, again, I've never heard or seen a cop or insurance adjuster look for one of these stickers let alone even know what it is, you can just buy one on Ebay. Problem solved.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=m570.l3201&_nkw=fmvss+sticker&_sacat=0

Life is too short to worry about FMVSS stickers. Buy the car, enjoy it and have fun. That's what the current owner is doing!

Yes i'm quite sure that your insurance policy would state that your can needs to conform to all laws, etc. I haven't read the policy but i'm quite sure that it's not a vague contract with lots of wiggle room. There tend to be a lot of lawyers at insurance companies. And you didn't read my post well. I said in the event of a claim they will check for the FMVSS label--not during a photo inspection where they are just checking for prior damage. The FMVSS is THE MAIN VIN tag on the car. It is not a motorcycle helmet label like you cited on EBAY. it looks like:

http://my240.epijunkie.com/index.php?title=File:S14_fmvss_door_jab_label.jpg

You can only get a FMVSS sticker from the vehicle manufacturer and you don't just go down to the dealer and get one. I believe to get another label--like if it's damaged--you get a replacement VIN assigned by the feds and then you need to have the State Police inspect the car. Just because you know nothing about it doesn't mean it's not important.

But the real point is please do what ever you want. And I will do what I want. I had a woman who hit me with no insurance. She got fucked and my insurance company sued her. Maybe it was no big deal for her because she saved money not paying her insurance. Some people drive unregistered cars, uninsured cars, etc. Maybe nothing would ever happen to the owners of these cars even IF they get in an accident. Maybe you can sneak one by them. Maybe they are NOT going to check for that VIN tag. I don't know but i'm not a gambling man. I'm sure I won't convince you that my point of view is correct and I know you won't convince me. So let's agree to disagree.

Bigglezworth
July 5th, 2013, 03:39
No clue whatsoever what an FMVSS sticker is, but I do know that you CANNOT register (plate) a car here in Canada without having the forms issued by the Registrar of Imported Vehicles (RIV). The US appears to be seriously lax with their registration/insurance efforts compared to Canada from what I can tell. Your insurance company will insure anything you own, but just because you own it here in Canada, doesn't mean you can drive it on the roads. I could own this vehicle and sit on it until it becam 15 years old prior to being able to register it. Not a wise choice obviously. As mentioned prior, it does appear that Canada is going to revise their import laws to better support importation from Mexico in support of NAFTA.

ttboost
July 5th, 2013, 12:54
Ther bottom line is: it is up to you to decide whether you want the risk of not having a FMVSS sticker. The insurance company doesn't give a crap whether you have it or not, and they probably will never check for it. (DMV probably will)UNTIL you need to make a claim, THEN they will say, "hey, this car isn't legal." But they have already taken your money, for who knows how long. IMO, you will never win against an insurance company. Too many glitches and loopholes, especially if you don't have a legal car.
Here is our FMVSS. It should be located on your drivers door latch side.

bmwade
July 5th, 2013, 14:28
Ther bottom line is: it is up to you to decide whether you want the risk of not having a FMVSS sticker. The insurance company doesn't give a crap whether you have it or not, and they probably will never check for it. (DMV probably will)UNTIL you need to make a claim, THEN they will say, "hey, this car isn't legal." But they have already taken your money, for who knows how long. IMO, you will never win against an insurance company. Too many glitches and loopholes, especially if you don't have a legal car.
Here is our FMVSS. It should be located on your drivers door latch side.

the biggest issue is this: insurance companies are known for taking your money as long as you give it to them, then doing anything to avoid paying up even when you're 100% in the right. So if they have an actual documented reason not to pay then they sure as hell aren't going to be loose with their money!

alrightroad
July 5th, 2013, 14:38
FWIW, I had to order a new sticker for my allroad. It took 2 months. $125 paid up front and must be installed by the dealer. They will not let you install sticker. Not exactly an enjoyable 'part' order and experience. My old sticker was starting to peel.

ttboost
July 5th, 2013, 16:26
the biggest issue is this: insurance companies are known for taking your money as long as you give it to them, then doing anything to avoid paying up even when you're 100% in the right. So if they have an actual documented reason not to pay then they sure as hell aren't going to be loose with their money!

Yeah..that was my point. Insurance companies have no problem taking your money....they definitely have a problem giving it back..and will fight to the 100th degree not to...not having a FMVSS sticker is a way easy out for them...

10SecS4
July 5th, 2013, 16:32
I kinda wanna buy a C6 RS6 just to see everyone's panties in a bunch again. I'm not paying $100K for a wagon though. They are down to 30-40K USD in Germany these days but I'm not educated enough in sneaking it past customs. Any ideas there?

bmwade
July 5th, 2013, 18:43
I kinda wanna buy a C6 RS6 just to see everyone's panties in a bunch again. I'm not paying $100K for a wagon though. They are down to 30-40K USD in Germany these days but I'm not educated enough in sneaking it past customs. Any ideas there?

please do! This would garner you an immense following of jealous haters. Just don't be thinking you can sell it on here when you're ready to move on lol

10SecS4
July 5th, 2013, 18:56
I'd love to. It's an excellent platform with a much bigger aftermarket than the C5 RS6. I'm just not sure how to sneak it into the country. The RS600 got here somehow without a bond having to be put up but how? Was it snuck inside a container somehow? UrS6 or Dhall1 or any other forum experts please feel free to chime in.

please do! This would garner you an immense following of jealous haters. Just don't be thinking you can sell it on here when you're ready to move on lol

na1mt
July 6th, 2013, 03:05
Bring one in in pieces

10SecS4
July 6th, 2013, 03:23
Way too much work. There has to be a way to bring it in complete.

Bring one in in pieces

UrS6
July 6th, 2013, 16:29
I'd love to. It's an excellent platform with a much bigger aftermarket than the C5 RS6. I'm just not sure how to sneak it into the country. The RS600 got here somehow without a bond having to be put up but how? Was it snuck inside a container somehow? UrS6 or Dhall1 or any other forum experts please feel free to chime in.

The way it got into the country is that on CPB form 3461 (part of the importation paperwork) dated 7-01-08, box 3 was filled in as "01 Consumption". It was released for "immediate consumption" where it should have been sent to a Registered Importer instead. I can only assume that there were a few payoffs to people to make this happen including the customs broker and some people at CBP. The paperwork clearly states that it is a car, with the VIN number and a declared value of $90,981. The total duty, tax, etc, paid was $2579.32. The guys who imported it had lots of money and probably just threw some around to make things happen. And that is exactly what happened (I don't know about any bribes for certain). The car has a CBP3461 form, a CBP7501 form but never got an HS-7 which is the form from that makes it all legit. All imported cars even those older than 25 years old need one. I spoke with Trevor Cook who said it was all imported legitimately but clearly that is not true.

10SecS4
July 6th, 2013, 16:48
Very interesting. Thanks for the info. Just curious, how were you able to speak with Trevor Cook? Did you call him at the state pen?

UrS6
July 6th, 2013, 17:41
Very interesting. Thanks for the info. Just curious, how were you able to speak with Trevor Cook? Did you call him at the state pen?
No actually I spoke with him via a letter.