PDA

View Full Version : WTB: OEM wheels

kday
June 19th, 2013, 14:50
I've got a vibration around 70 MPH that seems to be getting worse, and one suspect is the tires -- I think they may be cupped due to a worn out control arm a while back. Since I'm not 100% sure there is anything wrong with them I am hesitant to replace the tires, which have lots of life left in them otherwise. So I'm thinking I should pick up a second set of wheels and put new summer tires on them, and if the problem goes away with the new set I'll replace the tires I have with winter tires, otherwise I'll have a spare set. Anyone have an extra set of OEM wheels that fit the RS6? (They don't have to be original RS6 wheels, just something from Audi in 8x18 or 8x19 that definitely clears the front brakes.) If not, any suggestions on which wheels to look for? (What 8x18 wheels from newer Audis fit?) I'm not really interested in aftermarket wheels because the nice ones are too dear and the cheap ones are too soft.

Other_Erik
June 19th, 2013, 16:01
I've got a set of wheels from my brother's 2012 S5 Prestige that I can sell you, they're 19's. According to the definitive wheel/tire/offset thread you'll need a 57.1mm-66.6mm adapter with ~18mm thickness to get them to fit. Would let go at $2k picked up or +shipping, would include the storage bags and pads once they get here.

Thanks
Other_Erik

lswing
June 19th, 2013, 16:27
I had a vibration like that last year with my new PSS's. Rotated/balanced again after 4k and it went away. Wear looked even to the eye...

kday
June 19th, 2013, 16:32
Thanks Erik but I'll pass -- that's more than I want to spend and in any case I don't want to run an adapter if I can help it.
Lswing - I had the tires balanced recently. They were pretty far out, and the balance narrowed the speed range where there is vibration but didn't fix it.

ThrillHouse
June 19th, 2013, 17:05
You can have them straightened. I had it done and good and smooth! Straighten, correct mild rash and respray was 150/wheel

lswing
June 19th, 2013, 17:47
Thanks Erik but I'll pass -- that's more than I want to spend and in any case I don't want to run an adapter if I can help it.
Lswing - I had the tires balanced recently. They were pretty far out, and the balance narrowed the speed range where there is vibration but didn't fix it.

I also had mine balanced a few times, and they were better. After the rotation they were almost perfect. Tire guy was saying the new tires, certainly a firm one, will take a bit sometimes to wear into how the car sits/rides on the road. Good luck! I too had some front control arms replaced early on in the tires life, interesting.

papadoc
June 20th, 2013, 00:20
Sent you a PM. I've got a set and no need for a winter set up out here...