PDA

View Full Version : Go Straight Pipe?

ryan
June 17th, 2013, 20:04
With the gutted pre cats and SE exhaust I want the beast to be louder. I have been wathcing some Youtube videos of the straight piped RS6's and i Love the way it sounds. Here in the part of WA we have no emmision or smogging testing so i could get away. I thinking of the resenator delete with test pipe and same with mufflers. Has anybody done this on here?

ben916
June 17th, 2013, 20:09
There are several that have straight piped the OEM resonator and the OEM mufflers but I am unsure of the volume nor the resultant spool sound I would have enjoyed obtaining.
Username Hy Octane has a youtube video out there with "straight pipes"

bmwade
June 17th, 2013, 20:22
When(if) I am able to do the Avant project I plan to go full cat less, with stock SE muffler and electric cutouts. That way it's still livable for day to day but can be opened up when I want to scare the crap out of someone.

makaveli42
June 17th, 2013, 21:45
I just got back from Chicago last week getting my exhaust done...gutted precats then an x-pipe where the rear cats were and 3in all the way back to new tips! SOUNDS AMAZING!!! You can hear the turbos spool when just idleing and sounds like a jet engine when floored! People compare mine to a big turbo diesel truck cuz of the turbo spool sounds. I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

4everRS
June 17th, 2013, 22:07
Video please

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/crocodile64/645ED9C8-2AB1-4C31-80E1-CCC1480E1589-17366-000005033CDED015.jpg

I just got back from Chicago last week getting my exhaust done...gutted precats then an x-pipe where the rear cats were and 3in all the way back to new tips! SOUNDS AMAZING!!! You can hear the turbos spool when just idleing and sounds like a jet engine when floored! People compare mine to a big turbo diesel truck cuz of the turbo spool sounds. I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

audiprotn
June 17th, 2013, 22:23
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RxnYH3JONkE&feature=relmfu

makaveli42
June 17th, 2013, 22:30
^^^^ guy who did those did mine

i have a video on my iPhone but the phone fell over and makes it sound bad. Can still hear the turbos spool tho. Ill try and upload it

DHall1
June 17th, 2013, 22:32
I think having the xpipe helps a great deal. I may be alittle too old to make that much noise but both sound fantastic.

makaveli42
June 17th, 2013, 22:32
Sucks but its all I have as of now...

http://youtu.be/TkLd2MAVsGQ

ryan
June 18th, 2013, 00:30
Do the muffler and piping section slide out? It looks like it will. If so I can take it out and drop it off at the shop

lswing
June 18th, 2013, 01:48
Jeebus....that's just nasty! Might be a bit much DD for me, but very nice, crazy hot rodding kids...

makaveli42
June 18th, 2013, 02:04
Do the muffler and piping section slide out? It looks like it will. If so I can take it out and drop it off at the shop

I don't know of they do or not?

And from inside the car it's not too loud. Cruise control was set at 75mph on 65south back to Indy and it was just a hair louder than the SE. But when Id give her some gas shed scream! Can't hear the turbos too much from inside either. I've been in straight piped cars where you can't even talk to a passenger while driving! This one doesn't get that loud inside and you can still carry a conversation!

Carado1984
June 18th, 2013, 03:23
awesome! please pm me with details on where i can have this done

mik15
June 18th, 2013, 06:33
i've just installed the non-resonated cat-back Milltek and it sounds superb, probably with the cats deleted would be too loud for a daily drive and might not pass the MOT, go with the Milltek and you won't regret!

Elevens
June 18th, 2013, 08:37
i've just installed the non-resonated cat-back Milltek and it sounds superb, probably with the cats deleted would be too loud for a daily drive and might not pass the MOT, go with the Milltek and you won't regret!

No No! Running Milltek Race Pipes (Catless Downpipes) with full Milltek Non res Setup and its just perfect. This is my Everyday Driver (60 miles everyday) and I just love to drive this thing. The Noise is sweet at partial throttle, full throttle and you know I'm comming. Absolutely marvelous. Steady cruising at 80mph is no issue, you can carry on a normal conversation with your passenger and listen to the radio at normal levels. Some might like it Louder ( Mustang GT Loud), but to me this is the perfect setup......