PDA

View Full Version : New RS6 Owner

kmartens
May 30th, 2013, 13:46
Hey everyone, just wanted to do a little intro here on the forum. Just picked up my 2003 Audi RS6 yesterday, couple iPhone pics below. Bought it from other forum member on here (MontyRS). The car is on its way back to Northern Virginia, which will be its new home used as a second/weekend car. Currently in Daytona Beach visiting friends on my way back home.

Previous cars are listed in my signature, in order of ownership. This car is replacing a 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 which I just had a hard time falling in love with it even though car was enjoyable and nice but it was "still a Hyundai" and could tell when driving it. First 5 minutes driving RS6 after picking it up, already in love, knew it would feel right, loved and miss my B5 S4 I should have never sold in the first place and the RS6 feels even better.

No immediate mod plans for the car as there are some tasteful mods on it already. (Stasis coils, milltek catback, Revo tune, gutted precats, MTM TCU). Possibly looking into my first "mod" being Carbon fiber trim (currently has the wood trim), and also need to figure out how I am going to mount a front license plate on (VA requirement, seems to be strictly enforced in my area). Anyway just wanted to check in, looking forward to being an active member on here and attending any meetups that I can. This forum seems to be a very helpful place so far. :addict:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/kevinmartensen/image.jpeg (http://s30.photobucket.com/user/kevinmartensen/media/image.jpeg.html)

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/kevinmartensen/image2.jpeg (http://s30.photobucket.com/user/kevinmartensen/media/image2.jpeg.html)

kmartens
May 30th, 2013, 13:49
P.S. I am amazed how well this car was taken care of! Would never guess it has 10 yrs/71000 miles of use on it. I will continue to take care of it in the same fashion :)

MaxRS6
May 30th, 2013, 13:51
Welcome aboard the...

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?

Other_Erik
May 30th, 2013, 14:12
Welcome :) Another NOVA-ite here, just sealed the deal with TechGurru for his Ebony on black on carbon RS6, gotta figure out whether I'm going to have it trucked or if I'm going to trust my brother to make the road trip with it...

Tasteful mods are good, IIRC the carbon interior kit can be had online for ~$2800 plus your old wood trims. May want to think about the Vipertuning ECU for a safe and quick extra couple of horsepower and smoother torque line.

As for the front license plate, stick it in the lower-right corner of your windshield, if you ever get pulled over, explain there's no mounting point that doesn't block airflow to the radiator and intake - has worked so far for my brother with his 2012 S5

Erik

kmartens
May 30th, 2013, 14:42
Congrats Erik on your purchase! Should meet up when you get the car in town!

Car already has Revo tune, satisfied with that for now. 2800 for the trim? wow, thought i saw someone on audizine doing carbon trim for 500ish plus wood trim. I don't need it to be the OEM stuff as long as it is quality. Ill need to look into more.

I used to have the front license plate on my windshield on my S4 but still got ticketed for having it there twice in one month, they say it can be dangerous in an accident, which is true, also was 25$ each time plus processing fee. Was in Fairfax county, where they pull you over for everything and anything all the time.

alrightroad
May 30th, 2013, 14:59
Welcome aboard!

Other_Erik
May 30th, 2013, 15:00
Congrats Erik on your purchase! Should meet up when you get the car in town!

Car already has Revo tune, satisfied with that for now. 2800 for the trim? wow, thought i saw someone on audizine doing carbon trim for 500ish plus wood trim. I don't need it to be the OEM stuff as long as it is quality. Ill need to look into more.

I used to have the front license plate on my windshield on my S4 but still got ticketed for having it there twice in one month, they say it can be dangerous in an accident, which is true, also was 25$ each time plus processing fee. Was in Fairfax county, where they pull you over for everything and anything all the time.

Absolutely, I'll probably have the keys in my hot little hands in about 2 weeks.

I'd look twice at the audizine guy - I'm almost positive what he's doing is 3M Vinyl overlays after grinding down the clearcoat on the stock trims. The place I looked into (OC Carbon, I think?) was taking old trims, buffing off the clearcoat and wrapping in real CF .

I'm in FFX County too, have never gotten a ticket here, but my brother works in Alexandria and was living in Sterling until I sold my house last month, now he's in DC with no front plate requirement... He had the car back and forth through FFX county every work day for almost 2 years without a ticket for no front plate. I can see how it could be dangerous in a collision, but still seems very nitpicky to me. If nothing else, check with your local dealer (probably Audi Chantilly?) and see if they can get you the US front plate filler, but be aware anything you do up front will lower the amount of cool air getting to your radiator and/or intakes/intercoolers...

Erik

JSRS6
May 30th, 2013, 15:17
There is the Audi rs6 specific license plate holder that doesn't really block air flow. 4everRS did the magnet mod on his iirc.

StormFront
May 30th, 2013, 15:35
Welcome to the board, I was very tempted by Monty's car but decided I needed to stick to my (gray) guns and get the color I wanted. Congrats on your purchase!

lswing
May 30th, 2013, 16:54
Looks great, enjoy! The Revo tune can be fine as long as boost isn't turned up to high, if you're not getting power pulled back under hard accel then could be ok. I'll try and get a pic of my front plate, its very clean, wood screws I believe...I didnt do it.

bmwade
May 30th, 2013, 18:01
Great looking car! Congrats on the purchase!

mik15
May 30th, 2013, 20:12
welcome! That is a good looking car plus some serious mods already done, makes it easier for you on the long run! You've got one very nice example of a proper RS6! Enjoy it!

melsas
May 30th, 2013, 21:41
As the previous owner who sold this car to MontyRS, I must chime in and say thanks for the nice comments. I enjoyed five years of ownership which included installing most of the mods.
This is a very solid forum with lots of owners willing to share info which was a huge help to me. I've gone over to the MB side at least for a while. (Even saw V8weight over there.)
I'm pleased to know that the car has gone to yet another enthusiast who will enjoy it & maintain it properly.

ttboost
May 31st, 2013, 01:37
Congrats to all the new owners....Bummer you guys got the slowest colors. but you will be happy nontheless...:hahahehe:

Jaquarda
May 31st, 2013, 03:09
Nice ride! I just joined the club three days ago!

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j399/jaquarda/IMG_0249.jpg (http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/jaquarda/media/IMG_0249.jpg.html)

MontyRS
June 1st, 2013, 00:34
Kevin is a quality guy and he is the exact buyer I had in mind. This will be his second car and the car will continue with a great owner. I was putting too many miles on her. Can't wait to hear about your adventures Kevin!

MontyRS
June 1st, 2013, 00:42
Ps, watching you drive away was quite bittersweet!

kmartens
June 1st, 2013, 10:43
Update: Just got the car back to VA yesterday, first thing i did when i got home was wash all the bugs off! Cicadas were all out yesterday and liked flying into cars. Now just need to wait to get the title so i can title/register it in VA. Going in for VA safety and emissions this morning

Welcome to the board, I was very tempted by Monty's car but decided I needed to stick to my (gray) guns and get the color I wanted. Congrats on your purchase!
Stay patient and hang in there you will find the one for you. I wasn't too picky with what color I wanted, just had to have the black leather and I did NOT want black exterior. Good luck!

Kevin is a quality guy and he is the exact buyer I had in mind. This will be his second car and the car will continue with a great owner. I was putting too many miles on her. Can't wait to hear about your adventures Kevin!

Thanks Dominic, was great meeting you! Car is a blast, love it already. We will be in touch :)

kmartens
June 1st, 2013, 10:47
Absolutely, I'll probably have the keys in my hot little hands in about 2 weeks.

I'd look twice at the audizine guy - I'm almost positive what he's doing is 3M Vinyl overlays after grinding down the clearcoat on the stock trims. The place I looked into (OC Carbon, I think?) was taking old trims, buffing off the clearcoat and wrapping in real CF .

I'm in FFX County too, have never gotten a ticket here, but my brother works in Alexandria and was living in Sterling until I sold my house last month, now he's in DC with no front plate requirement... He had the car back and forth through FFX county every work day for almost 2 years without a ticket for no front plate. I can see how it could be dangerous in a collision, but still seems very nitpicky to me. If nothing else, check with your local dealer (probably Audi Chantilly?) and see if they can get you the US front plate filler, but be aware anything you do up front will lower the amount of cool air getting to your radiator and/or intakes/intercoolers...

Erik

Sure you can't wait, looking forward to meeting up.

OCarbon i was looking at as well. http://ocarbon.com/products/audi/a6/c5 600$ plus core. I have seen their stuff in person, it looks great.

-Kevin

kmartens
June 1st, 2013, 10:49
Looks great, enjoy! The Revo tune can be fine as long as boost isn't turned up to high, if you're not getting power pulled back under hard accel then could be ok. I'll try and get a pic of my front plate, its very clean, wood screws I believe...I didnt do it.

Interested in seeing that pic, looking at all options on how to mount the plate, too bad there doesn't seem to be a tow hook option.