PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Austin, Texas/question

Jaquarda
May 28th, 2013, 13:25
I am the proud owner of a 2003 Avus Silver, Black Napa, Carbon interior RS6. The odometer has 63,600 miles, and I was able to get all the service/maintenance records. It's been diligently maintained.

I had a question about the trunk (boot). On the right side there is a storage compartment similar to the one on the left that has the tools. The storage compartment on the right is empty, but there is a strap meant to hold something down. What is supposed to go in this storage compartment? Thanks for your help!

Joe

LIRS6
May 28th, 2013, 14:23
Good luck with your purchase - let me be the first to say .... post some pics!

As to your question, it's for the the Flux Capacitor ... :hahahehe: .. maybe a quart of oil? Seriously, I bought mine new and Audi was hyper-sensitive about the type of oil we could use, and iirc the notion was to keep a quart of oil in the car in that location if needed to top-off.

Elevens
May 28th, 2013, 17:27
Welcome to the club Jaquarda. Don't forget to post your Location also. Sounds like your missing portable compressor used to inflate the deflated spare. It straps down just in front of the Subwoofer. No big loss since I don't recall any one ever using the thing. Took both the Compressor and the spare out of mine for weight saving purposes. Read the Threads make the right mods and you will thoroughly enjoy the Car. Good luck.........................

Erik
May 28th, 2013, 18:06
Hi and welcome :)

Chung
May 28th, 2013, 18:07
Edit: opps already answered.
It is for the air compressor.

Jaquarda
May 28th, 2013, 18:21
Hello, and thanks to all. I'm simply in awe over the car. It is amazing! I do have the air compressor, but they had it on the left side storage area. Here's a picture I took yesterday. I washed, clayed and waxed it on Sunday with my son. We spent 7 hours on it, but it's well worth it!

lswing
May 28th, 2013, 18:48
She's a beauty, congrats and welcome! I'd like to see some input from MaxRS6, you'll see...

Jaquarda
May 28th, 2013, 19:32
She's a beauty, congrats and welcome! I'd like to see some input from MaxRS6, you'll see...

Thanks! I'm looking forward to learning a lot from the rest of the members.

alrightroad
May 28th, 2013, 20:21
Hello, and thanks to all. I'm simply in awe over the car. It is amazing! I do have the air compressor, but they had it on the left side storage area. Here's a picture I took yesterday. I washed, clayed and waxed it on Sunday with my son. We spent 7 hours on it, but it's well worth it!

Welcome aboard.

MaxRS6
May 28th, 2013, 20:24
Welcome aboard the...

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?

lswing
May 28th, 2013, 21:02
Applause...

LIRS6
May 28th, 2013, 21:18
Sounds like your missing portable compressor used to inflate the deflated spare.

My bad, right you are Elevens - and I did have to use it once ... (in 9+ years)

Jaquarda
May 29th, 2013, 02:51
Welcome aboard the...

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?

:fastm:Thanks MaxRS6!

mik15
May 29th, 2013, 05:22
welcome in the club!

kvicen
June 2nd, 2013, 19:36
Congrats on your purchase. It's always great to see a another RS6 in Texas. I travel to Austin and San Antonio every couple of weeks. Maybe we can meet up and talk cars.

bmwade
June 2nd, 2013, 23:21
I'm originally from Fredericksburg, and I'm generally back in TX every couple months, though never with my RS6...I just keep my H2 at my parents lake house.

Jaquarda
June 3rd, 2013, 01:08
Congrats on your purchase. It's always great to see a another RS6 in Texas. I travel to Austin and San Antonio every couple of weeks. Maybe we can meet up and talk cars.

That would be great. Send me a PM next time you'll be in Austin.

Jaquarda
June 3rd, 2013, 01:09
I'm originally from Fredericksburg, and I'm generally back in TX every couple months, though never with my RS6...I just keep my H2 at my parents lake house.

Fredericksburg is a fun place. We usually visit there when we have visitors in town.