PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 6 Speed Manual Swap Kit in NJ/Phlia

tjb616
May 26th, 2013, 03:49
Complete C5 6mt swap kit up for grabs. Decided to take a trip to Europe this summer before starting the next project and I wont be needing this for a while. If it sells before I leave, more cash for the trip, if not, no worries it will be here when I get back.

All parts from one donor (2000 A6 2.7t 6mt) car that was parted out at 140k.

Included:

01E, doesn't need anything, shifts fine but I dont think I could ever recommend putting one of these guys in your car without a fresh rebuild while you have it out.

Trans mounting ring
All linkage, shifter trim, knob, boot, insulation, etc.
Driveshaft
Front Axles and Carriers (one a recent replacement)
Rear Diff
Pedals
Master & Slave Cyl
ECU (if for A6/Allroad)

I have all the hardware in a box for the driveshaft, axles, rear diff, etc, although I would recommend you purchasing new hardware for a fresh install.

I feel like Im forgetting a few things, but I probably have them. Email for fastest response. PICKUP ONLY PLEASE from 08062. Could travel an hour or so in any direction for a distant but serious buyer if the schedule allows.

Asking $2000. Thanks for your interest.

Tim B
tjb616@gmail.com

Chung
May 26th, 2013, 18:27
Too bad this is pickup only. I would be all over it.

tjb616
May 27th, 2013, 20:55
PM'd you.

10SecS4
May 29th, 2013, 13:22
Just as a side note for those interested parties, it's not a "complete" swap kit as advertised. For example, it doesn't include any of the swap parts you need from Steveken's kit, such as the custom flywheel, adapter or starter, nor does it come with a clutch.

tjb616
May 29th, 2013, 15:22
Sorry for not specifying. Yes you still need a clutch, flywheel and a tune. SteveKens kit is not required, but it is certainly the best option with his kit. Ive been directing inquiries to him already. But for the record, you do not *need* a starter or adapter if your willing to notch the block for the oem starter and are willing to run without all of the bell housing mounting points utilized.

10SecS4
May 29th, 2013, 15:49
Agreed, but what you're selling isn't a "kit" at all. "Kit" implies a bolt on affair, like what Steve sells for the swap. What you're selling is just a bunch of stock A6 2.7T parts.

DHall1
May 29th, 2013, 16:33
The parts included in this "kit" were clearly written out. I think anyone can understand what is offered here and what it needed to complete this swap. If I were going down the six speed path then I would want to buy the bulk of the parts in such a manner. GLWS

10SecS4
May 29th, 2013, 16:45
I just wanted to make sure that prospective buyers understand that this isn't a "kit" for swapping a 6-speed in their RS6. If they want it to be a bolt on affair, i.e. a kit, they'll need to buy Steve's kit, along with a clutch.

The parts included in this "kit" were clearly written out. I think anyone can understand what is offered here and what it needed to complete this swap. If I were going down the six speed path then I would want to buy the bulk of the parts in such a manner. GLWS

tjb616
May 29th, 2013, 16:48
Thanks. It certainly wasnt meant to be deciving. And it is a bolt on affair... with a clutch, which isnt in the parts included list. If you dont know that you need a clutch to install a manual trans, you probably shouldnt be attempting the project. Everyone who has PM'd me has been pointed in Steves direction before you even posted, and Ive already requested an email address from Steve via PM for potential buyers who are not members of this board. Thanks again. Happy to answer any questions.

EDIT: If trimming the block for the oem starter takes it out of the realm of "bolt-on" for you, then you are correct. But in my expirence, most "bolt on" kits from across the industry require some degree of trimming or persuasion. But as proven by members of this board, the trans does "bolt on" to the RS6 block without custom brackets mounts or adapers.

10SecS4
May 29th, 2013, 17:01
Well if anything you must mean "half" a bolt-on then since only about half of the engine to trans bolts are used and the other half of the holes are empty without Steve's kit. :-)

You're also forgetting that a custom flywheel is needed.

Either way, what you're selling is just a bevy of stock A6 2.7T parts. There's no "complete kit" here. And there's also a lot more work that you have to do than shave the block. If somebody reads this and thinks oh great I'll snatch this "complete kit" up and have my mechanic bolt the 6-speed in over the weekend, they're going to be sorely mistaken and disappointed. Just thought that needed clarification since this is far from a "complete kit" needed to swap a 6-speed into an RS6.

EDIT: If trimming the block for the oem starter takes it out of the realm of "bolt-on" for you, then you are correct. But in my expirence, most "bolt on" kits from across the industry require some degree of trimming or persuasion. But as proven by members of this board, the trans does "bolt on" to the RS6 block without custom brackets mounts or adapers.

ttboost
May 29th, 2013, 22:21
To be fair, I don't think he advertised it as a swap kit for a RS6..just a swap kit...for anything else..it would probably woerk with a few more aprts..if you are smart enough or brave enough to do a swap, you should have already done your homework and know what you need...and what this kitm includes..

10SecS4
May 29th, 2013, 22:40
Of course he did lol. Read the title of the thread and the first sentence of his post.

There's no need to derail his thread further. It was clarified that it's not a bolt-on kit, rather just a bunch of A6 2.7T parts that he's selling. Carry on. :addict:

To be fair, I don't think he advertised it as a swap kit for a RS6..just a swap kit...for anything else..it would probably woerk with a few more aprts..if you are smart enough or brave enough to do a swap, you should have already done your homework and know what you need...and what this kitm includes..

ttboost
May 29th, 2013, 22:50
I see where is says C5..I don't see anything that says RS6? Maybe I did miss something...no worries..don't need it anyway...

10SecS4
May 29th, 2013, 22:59
He's describing it as a "C5 6mt swap kit" and "6 Speed Manual Swap Kit" for sale on an RS6 forum. Of course he's selling it as a "kit" for the RS6... What other car do you think it's for? Are you really that naive or just arguing this for the sake of arguing?

I see where is says C5..I don't see anything that says RS6? Maybe I did miss something...no worries..don't need it anyway...

ttboost
May 29th, 2013, 23:10
I guess at almost 50rs old..I'm naive...I don't argue..I merely state the facts as I know them and move on. I guess it's impossible for you to understand that people here MAY have something OTHER than a RS6, and don't really visit other forums...I'm out...

To the OP. good luck with sale.

tjb616
May 30th, 2013, 05:12
Thanks guys. Cant help but shake my head a little. Semantics at this point, but its a C5 6 speed swap kit, as it says in the title. I have had twice as many emails from 2.7t and 4.2 C5 A6 guys about these parts as I have from RS6 owners (hence the included ecu and the note about it) and for most of those, it is a direct complete "kit" (short of the clutch setup). Truth be told I copied and pasted my Audizine ad here.

Regardless, Ive had at least 3 phone conversations with RS6 owners, and Ive been sharing the knowledge I have gained about the swap with each of them. I would never sell the kit to someone under the impression they are going to install it over a weekend without any additional parts or effort.

DHall1
May 30th, 2013, 07:30
No worries tjb

You're good here. Post a link to your Audizine ad. Your low post count here may deter potential buyers but if you have good reps at zine it could add confidence.

Put the package on a pallet and you should have a buyer in a week. ;)

ttboost
May 30th, 2013, 11:23
Yeah, I think we're straight now...good luck Tim, if you change your mind about my car..give me a call back...have a nice trip to Europe...

10SecS4
May 30th, 2013, 13:14
It's not semantics, it's that your thread is inaccurate and misleading to prospective buyers. The pile of used parts you're selling isn't "complete" NOR a "kit" let alone a "complete kit" as incorrectly listed in your ad. If it were a "complete kit," it would be just that...complete! We're talking tune, flywheel, clutch, starter, adapter, etc. plus whatever else is needed to make the 6-speed swap in the RS6 a bolt on affair. Nothing about what you're selling is complete with regards to a swap into ANY Audi, let alone an RS6. When most people refer to the word "kit" in the automotive industry they think of ALL parts needed to complete the job, ease of installation, detailed instructions with photos, etc, etc... A "kit" makes the whole job easier and saves on labor. What you're selling is the opposite of a kit... It's just a bunch of A6 parts and the end user is required to purchase additional parts, software, and make custom modifications (such as grinding the block) which is the direct opposite of what one would be doing when they purchase a "kit." I hope this helps clarify things a bit. Good luck with your sale.

Thanks guys. Cant help but shake my head a little. Semantics at this point, but its a C5 6 speed swap kit, as it says in the title. I have had twice as many emails from 2.7t and 4.2 C5 A6 guys about these parts as I have from RS6 owners (hence the included ecu and the note about it) and for most of those, it is a direct complete "kit" (short of the clutch setup). Truth be told I copied and pasted my Audizine ad here.

Regardless, Ive had at least 3 phone conversations with RS6 owners, and Ive been sharing the knowledge I have gained about the swap with each of them. I would never sell the kit to someone under the impression they are going to install it over a weekend without any additional parts or effort.

bakes
May 30th, 2013, 13:49
Geez man let it go...seller has admitted it's not a full kit...not sure why you keep grinding on this post.

It's not semantics, it's that your thread is inaccurate and misleading to prospective buyers. The pile of used parts you're selling isn't "complete" NOR a "kit" let alone a "complete kit" as incorrectly listed in your ad. If it were a "complete kit," it would be just that...complete! We're talking tune, flywheel, clutch, starter, adapter, etc. plus whatever else is needed to make the 6-speed swap in the RS6 a bolt on affair. Nothing about what you're selling is complete with regards to a swap into ANY Audi, let alone an RS6. When most people refer to the word "kit" in the automotive industry they think of ALL parts needed to complete the job, ease of installation, detailed instructions with photos, etc, etc... A "kit" makes the whole job easier and saves on labor. What you're selling is the opposite of a kit... It's just a bunch of A6 parts and the end user is required to purchase additional parts, software, and make custom modifications (such as grinding the block) which is the direct opposite of what one would be doing when they purchase a "kit." I hope this helps clarify things a bit. Good luck with your sale.

10SecS4
May 30th, 2013, 13:58
No sir, even his last reply stated "it is a direct complete "kit""

Just want to make sure everyone realizes his post was incorrect and that this is not complete, a kit, or a complete kit. He's selling a bunch of 13 year old A6 parts from a smashed car. That's all.

Geez man let it go...seller has admitted it's not a full kit...not sure why you keep grinding on this post.

Bigglezworth
May 30th, 2013, 13:59
@ $2K, the plethora of car enthusiasts on this board would well understand that other parts are required to complete things for a 6sp swap project. If one was to get caught up in the verbiage, it would be reasonable to say that the sale is for all the 'donar' parts required as part of the project - which are well listed.

tjb616
June 1st, 2013, 04:19
To be fair 10secS4, you're the only one here that feels misled, and you're not a prospective buyer. We understand your point, and I can only insist it wasn't meant to be misleading so many times. Maybe some of the people I spoke with over the phone will chime in here and then you will be convinced there was no malicious intent. Im sorry we have different definitions for ambiguous words, but thank you for single handedly keeping this thread on the first page. If there is a moderator you know of off hand that has the ability to edit my title to "FS NJ: 6mt C5 Donor Parts Package for Manual Swap" feel free to point them in this direction, I would be perfectly pleased with the update.

Yeah, I think we're straight now...good luck Tim, if you change your mind about my car..give me a call back...have a nice trip to Europe...

Thanks Mike. If you still have it when I get back, we may have to meet up. Come then, priority #1 will be a new project. For now though, the opportunity to do something I wont be able to in the foreseeable future is too hard to pass up.

tjb616
August 3rd, 2013, 14:35
Hey guys. So I recieved a small deposit for this from the person who bought the Mugello car in Ohio with that needed a trans back in June. Im heading home from Europe this weekend and havent heard from him in 2 months, so this is officially back up for sale. Price is $1900.

TozoM8
August 4th, 2013, 02:59
Sorry, I couldn't resist :):hihi:

tjb616
August 5th, 2013, 16:25
I shouldve make a new thread, huh? Ill let this one die and start over when Im stateside.