PDA

View Full Version : What is everyone using for a clutch on their 6 speeds?

UrS6
May 15th, 2013, 00:09
Do you like it? How does it feel? Any slipping? Any judder?

P1054
May 15th, 2013, 06:18
Thanks Ur, I had been planning to ask the same question but you beat me to it. Any input from those with 6mt RS6's would be greatly appreciated!

kevin
May 15th, 2013, 13:39
South Bend Stg4+. Can't comment on it's personality yet. I have a swap thread here (http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/25562-Out-with-the-TIP-and-in-with-the-01E?highlight=)

StormFront
May 15th, 2013, 15:28
I'm friends with Dave at South Bend. SB makes great clutches and he has told me he can make just about any kind of clutch I want for my 6 spd swap eventually. The team I shoot for in Pirelli World Challenge use SB clutches and they've been virtually faultless. Their street clutches are made well also. A good friend of mine had an off brand racing 6 puck clutch in his 350z and it was virtually undriveable on the street. You either do a brief burnout leaving a light or you stall it. He swapped in a similar SB clutch last year and it made a world of difference.

ttboost
May 15th, 2013, 15:51
Interesting. I hadn't heard of a South Bend clutch that held the power AND was drivable. I seem to recall speaking to somone at South Bend and they told me that I needed a pucked or multidisk clutch to hold 700 ft/lbs. That was unacceptable to me, as I know how they drive.
I went with the Spec Stage 3+. It was chattery at first, which I expected, but after about a 600-800 mile break in, it it great, and holds the power/TQ. I have over 2500 miles on it now as well as a bunch of dyno runs and it's good.