PDA

View Full Version : Splash Guards for RS6; Where to find

gregoryindiana
November 6th, 2003, 02:29
Put aside for a moment your opinion on whether the RS6 looks good with splash guards behind the front and rear wheels.

I want them on mine to keep those wide wheels from throwing road debris up on to the sides of the car, especially from the front wheels.

The Spring/Summer Audi accessories catalog purported to say that the same part numbers for the splash guards for the A6/S6 would fit the RS6 both front and rear.

When my car arrived stateside, the dealer duly attempted to install the splash guards. The rears fit perfectly, but the fronts did NOT fit.

I spoke to my sales representative, who was to talk to the regional rep for that dealer. I also called direct to Audi Customer Service at Audi USA, and a young man took my information about the problem and said that he would personally look into the problem and get back to me with a solution.

So far the only solution is that in the latest edition of the Audi accessories catalog, the RS6 is now not listed as having any spash guards available.

I always thought that splash guards were more common in Europe, and especially in Great Britain. If this is so, do any of the forum members on that side of the Atlantic have any inside info on this?? I would be more than happy to just find a pair of front spash guards from over there made to fit the RS6.

Thanks for any help you can offer. I waited patiently for Audi USA to solve this, but 3 months on now is ridiculous.

360M
November 6th, 2003, 03:59
Makes sense to me. The RS6 has sideskirts which the A6 4.2 and S6 don't have.

dabull
November 8th, 2003, 07:29
Greg the exact same thing happened to me back in July. My understanding is that Audi is not going to make them for the front because there aren't enough RS6s to pay for the tooling. Go Figure. :trans: :trans:

gregoryindiana
November 10th, 2003, 01:55
Unacceptable

If it were just the US models, I might possibly understand. But there are plenty of RS6's running around Europe, and their front spash guards would be identical.

What a cop out response. No wonder the Audi rep who was supposed to get right back to me has needed over 6 weeks.