PDA

View Full Version : Codes

whiteboy
May 10th, 2013, 19:43
Well pull the car out as it sat for winter... I notice a whine when starting on the gas. I read some post here saying i could have low transmission fluid. That check out fine.. now any other suggestion? I notice temp gauge going to temperature and then dropping down to nothing.Here are some codes that came up
01039 g2
19497.P3041
Thanks Rod

ttboost
May 12th, 2013, 13:39
Probably a faulty coolant temp sensor. Cheap and relatively easy to fix. It's behind the drivers side cylinder head. Unplug, pull clip, pull straight up. Sounds easy, but not so much. You will probably lose the clip..have a spare one on hand. I tied a wire to mine.

whiteboy
May 12th, 2013, 19:22
Can you take a pic of the sensor?

ttboost
May 12th, 2013, 21:39
I figured you would ask that...
Pics are on my machine..be back on Tuesday or Wednesday..post then if no else does first.

whiteboy
May 12th, 2013, 23:11
Lol ,Thanks man

P1054
May 13th, 2013, 00:39
Hey I just notice this and figured I'd put in my .02.. I just replaced my coolant temp sensor a couple of weeks ago, my temp gauge would randomly work and then stop. Usually when I would start the car cold it would start climbing like normal until it reached operating temperature, and then after some time (anywhere from a minute to 10 minutes) it would just drop back to zero. Occasionally it would randomly start working again, then drop off to zero.

Anyway, I bought a new sensor (I want to say it was around $10 for the sensor, O-ring, and new clip through Pelican Parts) and replaced it. It took maybe a half hour. Everywhere I checked said you need to remove the airbox to replace it. I, however, looked at it and decided to try and replace it without removing the airbox. Suffice it to say I managed to get it done, but it probably wasn't worth the extra hassle. And yes, I DID drop the clip. I managed to fish it back out, tied a piece of fishing line to it, and got it installed without dropping it again. I would highly recommend doing the fishing line/wire FIRST, it's not fun trying to get the clip back when you drop it.

I don't have any good pictures of my engine bay on my computer so I grabbed one from Google. The yellow arrow points to the approximate location of the sensor, mine was green (I think most are). It's easily visible if you look down behind the airbox.

May 13th, 2013, 04:26
Your coolant temp sensor.13864

That is the left intake looking aft.