PDA

View Full Version : Working on brake boosting with Eurocharged for updated flash

DHall1
May 9th, 2013, 23:20
From popular demand. Working with Eurocharged to add brake boosting to the tune.

Stay tuned. ;) haha, get it.

4everRS
May 10th, 2013, 02:12
Stay tuned. ;) haha, get it.

:) you're so goofy Dave.

Good luck with the results. I know I will be enjoying me a little brake boosting soon.

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/crocodile64/65079D30-2C2E-417C-A1AB-14DC5580997B-56186-0000108916F8A7DD.jpg

kevin
May 10th, 2013, 02:28
Have them get a tune ready for my car while they're at it.. :incar:

alrightroad
May 10th, 2013, 02:55

Good luck with the results. I know I will be enjoying me a little brake boosting soon.

hmm... what sauce are you planning there big K? Going back to APR? (BTW, I cant believe your deer slayer car hasnt surfaced yet)

4everRS
May 10th, 2013, 03:47
hmm... what sauce are you planning there big K? Going back to APR? (BTW, I cant believe your deer slayer car hasnt surfaced yet)
I really liked APR. I just can't justify the price.

Going with Viper. Rich refers to it as stage 2. It will have left foot braking and O2 delete. He is upgrading my TCU as well.

The "Deer Car" is going on auction soon. The insurance company had issues with the title. It was as if it was the first time they dealt with a MN title.

4everRS
May 10th, 2013, 03:51
Found it.

http://www.copart.com/c2/homeSearch.html?_eventId=getLot&execution=e1s1&lotId=14459523&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS

DHall1
May 10th, 2013, 04:15
Oh crap, that LF headlight is looking at the camera sideways. Scary

Elevens
May 10th, 2013, 04:26
Found it.

http://www.copart.com/c2/homeSearch.html?_eventId=getLot&execution=e1s1&lotId=14459523&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS

Sucks! Must Hurt. Hurts me and it's not even mine.....................

4everRS
May 10th, 2013, 04:29
Oh crap, that LF headlight is looking at the camera sideways. Scary
Both lights are busted. They did get a set of used ones in good condition and the last time I saw the car they were in the backseat. Not sure if they'll be included in the sale.

4everRS
May 10th, 2013, 04:31
Sucks! Must Hurt. Hurts me and it's not even mine.....................

A bit. Shit happens.

DHall1
May 10th, 2013, 05:13
Get that GIA$hit out of that ECU.

F'in idiots. If I could only publish the facts.

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/crocodile64/65079D30-2C2E-417C-A1AB-14DC5580997B-56186-0000108916F8A7DD.jpg

Chung
May 10th, 2013, 05:18
Does Eurocharge do free updates or do you need to buy their software again?

4everRS
May 10th, 2013, 05:24
Get that GIA$hit out of that ECU.

F'in idiots. If I could only publish the facts.

Agreed. I've been feeling dirty just driving it with that in there. I will feel much better now.

DHall1
May 10th, 2013, 05:41
If you never updated the program from your seller then you need to update. I have been begging you for 3 years. ;)

You didnt buy the program so it may have a small fee. Not sure on that one. Eurocharged has become a much bigger company so its a maybe.

I may be able to help with unichips to get proper fueling added to that early EC tune. LMK or PM

Does Eurocharge do free updates or do you need to buy their software again?

Chung
May 10th, 2013, 06:10
If you never updated the program from your seller then you need to update. I have been begging you for 3 years. ;)

You didnt buy the program so it may have a small fee. Not sure on that one. Eurocharged has become a much bigger company so its a maybe.

I may be able to help with unichips to get proper fueling added to that early EC tune. LMK or PM

Yeah I haven't been too aggressive about getting an update. By the time I had my MAFs sorts and logs you weren't around here much. I have tried contacting Eurocharge via email with no luck. Depending on how much it is I may upgrade or just wait until I do my 6 speed swap (still just an idea though).

If we can tune it without a reflash I am game.

DHall1
May 10th, 2013, 06:12
Kyle,

We have our work cut out for us. Dont race this sucker unless your sure of the win. I dont think there is any way we can touch that car. What a stupid a$$ I was to sell. Gang, Pat just added those forged wheels to the AMG. Sweet

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s532/03RSTT/e55wheels_zps171f09e3.jpg

Agreed. I've been feeling dirty just driving it with that in there. I will feel much better now.

kienchil
May 10th, 2013, 11:48
Pretty sure I asked Jerry for Brake boosting when he tuned my car a year ago and he turned it on, wasn't that hard, only problem is the transmission throws a code as it thinks the Torque converter is disengaged.

lswing
May 10th, 2013, 17:03
Pretty sure I asked Jerry for Brake boosting when he tuned my car a year ago and he turned it on, wasn't that hard, only problem is the transmission throws a code as it thinks the Torque converter is disengaged.

Or it's about to be toast from being launched...

mbagge01
May 11th, 2013, 16:41
My eurocharge stage 1 tune is about a year old. Are updates always made that I should ask for or it is just for requesting special features like brake boosting.

10SecS4
May 13th, 2013, 02:48
Be very careful with brake boosting these cars off the line. I snapped the input shaft clean in half after a few dozen launches with boost off the line.

You don't need boost off the line to go fast. I ran 11.5 with no cats/tune and 11.9 with just a tune, neither running boost off the line.

lswing
May 13th, 2013, 03:12
Be very careful with brake boosting these cars off the line. I snapped the input shaft clean in half after a few dozen launches with boost off the line.

You don't need boost off the line to go fast. I ran 11.5 with no cats/tune and 11.9 with just a tune, neither running boost off the line.

Makes sense, got to be one of the best ways to cause massive damage. I turned a 4.4 0-60 with a soft launch, tuned. Not exactly the best car cost wise for dragging, but if you don't mind stacking some cash on a burner, go for it!

Actually looking forward to timing some runs with a stronger launch, basically hitting the gas hard and not easing in, I'm assuming a 4.1-4.2 would happen.

DHall1
May 13th, 2013, 03:17
Better go tell Viper and APR those stories.

How you use brake boost delete is totally up to the user.

DHall1
May 17th, 2013, 05:56
UPDATE:

Eurocharge has not offered brake boost delete yet. Jerry is working on it and I will let you know how it works. ;)

DHall1
May 17th, 2013, 05:58
Sit tight, you are about to be offered one of the new Eurocharge flash cables. This will enable you to have any and all updates sent as files that you can upload to the car right in your garage.

Log your car, upload new programs, make minor tuning changes.

Oh boy

My eurocharge stage 1 tune is about a year old. Are updates always made that I should ask for or it is just for requesting special features like brake boosting.

DHall1
May 17th, 2013, 06:02
Send me a PM

You have two choices. You can buy a Dimsport Mygenius from Eurocharged today and then have Jerry send you these updated files. Call Jerry he will make you a deal on the loader. No other charges and all updates at n/c. No more sending in the ecu just update the tune at home in the garage. 15min

Or wait for the Eurocharge flash cable in a few months and do the same thing.

I like the Mygenius. I have two of them. ;)

Yeah I haven't been too aggressive about getting an update. By the time I had my MAFs sorts and logs you weren't around here much. I have tried contacting Eurocharge via email with no luck. Depending on how much it is I may upgrade or just wait until I do my 6 speed swap (still just an idea though).

If we can tune it without a reflash I am game.