PDA

View Full Version : Got my baby back...HOLY COW!!!

AvusRS6
November 6th, 2003, 01:19
After being in the shop for about a week for Boost Leak ( you can tell by the error code and how the car was "suging" (sorry O.CT for blaming the Chip :eek: ). Today they finally fixed it! They replaced the Waste Gauge Cylinoid (spelling?). They ran the car with stock chip and got no errors. Then put the OCT chip in and got no errors and the power is VERY linear now (minus that kick in the ass punch at 3K RPM). Drove the car home slowly cuz it was raining.

After driving it for a while, HOLY COW, I have never had this experience from day 1 after chipped, it now leads me to believe that before I even chipped the car, I must of had boost leak. Now the car is crazy fast to the point that I feel that I can't control the car. 1st and 2nd are just crazy now. Took off off the line and Traction came on at 4200ish RPM, I thought must be the tires or something. Did it 3 times and traction came on all three times - HOLY COW (this is what it's suppose to feel like). I feel totally in love again with the BEAST! 1st and 2nd, I honestly feel like the steering wheel is going to slip from my hands cuz the TQ is now FULLY operational, per say.

First and foremost, I'd like to thank Bob at Stratmosphere and Marcus at O.CT for trying to fix a problem that wasn't theirs to begin with...my hats off to you both!

I have now decided that I won't go for the downpipes, car is now truly fast enough for me.

bilbozilla
November 6th, 2003, 01:27
That's great news. It's never a good situation to be unhappy with your car. I'm glad everything is working the way it should. Congrats, and be careful in the rain.

I've got to tell you, I anxiously await my RS6 after getting my wife's Volvo XC a little sideways on our misty backroads here in California. If I could do what I did with less than 200 BHP and AWD...

AvusRS6
November 6th, 2003, 01:30
Oh forgot to mention...the roads were totally dry around my house, it was rainning at the dealership.

ZCD2.7T
November 6th, 2003, 03:43
:) Very good news, indeed.

Have fun!:cheers: :addict:

Marcus Frost
November 6th, 2003, 05:20
Originally posted by AvusRS6
They replaced the Waste Gauge Cylinoid (spelling?).

It's "Waste Gate Solenoid". Waste gates are valves that bleed boost, and have a variety of different setups - apparently on the RS6 the use solenoids.

-m

wasn
November 6th, 2003, 07:18
Actually to be perfectly correct. The wastegate allieviate exhaust gas pressure which drives the ex.turbine and the boost solenoid(s) is what controls boost by telling the wastegate how much exhaust gas is to be bypass the turbo ex. side.
Anyway besides the point, what i really wanted to ask is that what chip was runned in this car. and did the esp comes on in the wet or dry?

Bauer
November 6th, 2003, 07:30
Good news AVUS and good hunting:cheers:

Erik
November 6th, 2003, 08:44
I know the feeling. After we chipped the red one we drove it on the highway for about 5000 km. Overtaking a truck is not a problem, it's done in 3 seconds or so and you wonder how is it possible?

TheBrit
November 6th, 2003, 11:41
Originally posted by AvusRS6
After driving it for a while, HOLY COW
Aww, man I'm gonna have to stop reading these kind of posts - it's making me have bad thoughts about mods. Lord knows my insurance is expensive enough as it is, if I start modding it would go into orbit...

iconcls
November 6th, 2003, 12:25
Great news and you're very fortunate to have such a mod friendly dealer.

Benman
November 7th, 2003, 04:38
Avus:cheers: ,

Glad to hear all is now well with the Beast.:D