PDA

View Full Version : What should I do, keep my pristine RS or find a new home ? Please help !!!

chasgreyrs6
May 6th, 2013, 18:41
Hello:
I started posting on this forum just a few weeks ago. I had 100% intentions on keeping my RS for the long term. As some of you know it took much work but obtained all service records on my RS since it was new (original owner kept it until 2009, second owner was also a fanatic, I took ownership in July 2011 but only put about 3700 miles on it, just freeway driving to keep it up). Here is my predicament. My other half only wants me to keep the Audi or my other weekend car ( BMW 540 supercharged, widebody show car). I have been trying to sell the 540 but no interest due to price, fair but much much higher than a stock example. I am not willing to loose my butt by selling the Beemer for lowball numbers. Please note my 540i has 64 K, just spent $ 3500 on anything needed to bring it up to pristine condition, has extended warranty until 7/31/15, and is also an amazing car with upgrades galore. I have other vehicles for everyday use. My RS has 125 K but had new DRC complete suspension at 113 K, new Trans and TC at 99,751, alternator (83K), rear differential (56K), engine and trans coolers (99,751), O2 sensors, HVAC control, etc, etc, etc; service since day one followed to the T. Timing belts at 30 K, 70 K and 99,751. This past Saturday took it to Raven Motorsports for oil change and a Pre-purchase inspection and it passed with flying colors, nobody there could believe the condition especially with the higher miles. Interior is a 10 (mechanic stated it looks new), exterior is a solid 9.4, three tiny tiny door dings that you have to really look in right angle to see. Paint is pristine and near new condition, no accidents or stories, has 19 inch Rennworks black rims with Michelin Pilot tires. Dolphin grey with off white interior, mid cats removed matched to Superprint mufflers. 35% window tint. Upon inspection it was noted the left CV boot has a very slight tear but nothing to worry about, oil pan gasket has a slight leak, and front sway bar has two bolts that don't screw down tight. Repair for everything about $800 but does not have to be done in near future. Audi software checked for any codes and she is perfect ! Truly a pristine example of a RS 6. Everyone was truly amazed at the condition both cosmetically and mechanically. What do you think my RS is worth if I decide to sell, not interested in a fire sale or priced to move numbers ? Lastly, even though everything has checked out great and it is my understanding the engine and Turbos (not leaking) are very stout if maintained which it definitely has been. Should I take a chance for another couple years of enjoyments or find a new owner ? I have other priorities and am aware of the costs if a RS should go south. The consensus opinion at the repair shop and customers who saw my car was to keep it and just enjoy it for a two more years and then re-evaluate, of course my girl states "sell it now while it is pristine". Any feedback is much appreciated with my hard decision ? Thanks very much !

DHall1
May 6th, 2013, 19:05
You really didnt outline the BMW but can you daily the BMW? Depending on miles and which car you really want to keep...that is really subjective on your part.

The RS6 has the potential to cost more money on upkeep as you head north of 140k. No matter how nice it looks the miles are the miles.

Not that I would be a buyer but RS6s in that mileage range have been advertised for 17k in good running order. 15k if it had issues.

Your car sounds nice. 18-19k topps.

We need pics and what will you part with the car for?

You also know what will happen if you keep the RS and it needs a 8,000 dollar repair next year? she told you so.

chasgreyrs6
May 6th, 2013, 19:22
Thanks DHall1 ! Both the RS and 540i are weekend drivers. Maybe 3-4 K per year tops on each. The Audi makes my heart race every time I turn the key, just love her ! But as you mentioned if anything does go wrong on a grander scale, my joy would turn to sadness in short order. LOL I will post pics on Saturday, with the moderate window tint and black Rennworx wheelset, it is so frickin beautiful. You would be right about the misses, she would ride me on that one for days to come. Thanks

StormFront
May 6th, 2013, 22:48
I'm looking for a gray RS6. PM some more info and pictures if you don't mind. I will make an offer based off book value but also accounting for condition and work done to it :)

Location would help too!

mdegracia
May 7th, 2013, 12:52
I think he's on the west coast, since he said he was at Raven Motorsports the other weekend.

chasgreyrs6
May 7th, 2013, 13:34
I live near Los Angeles, CA. Thanks

chasgreyrs6
May 8th, 2013, 18:25
Car is Sold. Thanks RS 6 forum.