PDA

View Full Version : Officially for sale

bmwade
May 3rd, 2013, 19:56
I'm officially proceeding with my C5 Avant build, but I need cash to do it.

I have ALL receipts and all records from new including receipts for Miltek and O.CT!

Timing belt has been done 2 times, the original owner was on some sort of meticulous service plan and did it at ~6k miles, the I did it at 41k miles along with TC at Audi of Jacksonville.

the DRC has been replaced with Koni's, brakes were done with Hawk pads and Frozen Rotors up front, and axles replaced with Raxles all at about 35k miles.

The car is basically pristine, a couple of small scratches on driver door that are about the size of hairs, and the passenger seat has a very small tear (bout a half inch). Everything else is perfect. RNS-E was professionally installed. And car comes with both OE cloth mats and OE rubber mats.

Has existing warranty, have to look up date but I think it's to February 2014. $50 to transfer.

vin is WUAPV54BX3N904456

I have over $40,000 in her after changing rims, tires, brakes, axles, etc

asking $38,000 OBO

I added one picture I already had, I'll post more pictures later when I get a chane to take them!

MontyRS
May 4th, 2013, 21:11
Looks great! Good luck...if there is someone that can't get to your number please let them know about mine.

bmwade
May 7th, 2013, 20:48
$37k

http://okaloosa.craigslist.org/cto/3788983821.html (http://okaloosa.craigslist.org/cto/3788983821.html)

bmwade
May 8th, 2013, 16:24
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=95817&endYear=2014&modelCode1=RS6&showcaseOwnerId=57536179&startYear=1981&makeCode1=AUDI&sellerTypes=b&searchRadius=0&showcaseListingId=343581466&mmt=%5BAUDI%5BRS6%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&minPrice=30000&listingId=345974662&listingIndex=3&Log=0

bmwade
May 14th, 2013, 04:49
Reading all the hype surrounding the sportec RS600 has reinvigorated me....price drop for forum members to $35k. Remember your not just getting a beautiful, well maintained RS6, your helping fund fellow forum members dream!

Also would consider taking an S6 (or lesser $14-18k RS6) as partial trade.

bmwade
May 29th, 2013, 18:35
Bump. Added a couple more pics to Autotrader add. Autotrader price down to $36,500 obo. RS6 forum member price $35,000 obo.

ttboost
May 29th, 2013, 22:13
Not getting off topic, but that RS600 was not impressive to me. I think my car is WAY WAY nicer. No offense to the 2 known owners here...
It's not fair to compare the cars as mine is now a stick, but I would've expected that car to make WAY more power than it did...
Good luck on your sale...a clean low mileage RS6 is getting hard to find nowadays...someone will give you something for it...just depends how bad you want to sell it...

Erik
May 30th, 2013, 07:06
I have cleaned this thread, so please think about what you type.

bmwade
May 30th, 2013, 17:56
I have cleaned this thread, so please think about what you type.

Thanks Erik!

bmwade
June 12th, 2013, 21:08
Price drop: I'll take $33,000 from a forum member. My impatience is your gain.

StormFront
June 12th, 2013, 22:39
This is getting closer and closer to my price range...

DHall1
June 12th, 2013, 22:41
Or I may buy #3 and call it good. ;) The full Milltek is about 4500 installed, that OCT tune was about 3000k back in the day, the car still has ext warranty and a new TC not to mention extreme low miles and new wheels/tires with PSS.

bmwade
June 13th, 2013, 00:19
Don't forget the file of all records! Seriously you need this car Dave! I will start the vote to anoint you King of the forum (sorry Erik) if you add her to the fleet!

bmwade
June 13th, 2013, 00:23

I know, I'm just not sure how much further I can go! I honestly have somewhere between 43-45k in her and there is really no reason for me to sell other than me being completely ADD and a total Avantaphile!

DHall1
June 13th, 2013, 00:28
Oh crap, let me think about this. I would give one to my wife to drive because she drove my Daytona a couple weeks back and loved it. First time after all these years she actually drove the RS6. She is used to driving fast cars and a suv. Prev cars included a Supra turbo, E55 AMG and supercharged Lx470. Go figure she would like a tuned RS6. Doh

We just cant seem to find a replacement vehicle for her. This new stuff with the electric servo steering and brakes drive like dog poo.

Don't forget the file of all records! Seriously you need this car Dave! I will start the vote to anoint you King of the forum (sorry Erik) if you add her to the fleet!

StormFront
June 13th, 2013, 01:40
What extended warranty do you have and what's involved in transferring it, do you know?

DHall1
June 13th, 2013, 02:49
It should be a simple transfer.

TC is done. Timing belt just done.

43k miles

Let me figure up the monthly payment difference

What extended warranty do you have and what's involved in transferring it, do you know?

Chung
June 13th, 2013, 06:33
Pretty soon Dave is going to be buying things in triplicate and responding to threads says "I have that on all three of my RS6s"

ttboost
June 13th, 2013, 13:14
He'll have to buy 3 more so he doesn't have to drive the first three...

bmwade
June 13th, 2013, 15:10

Its an royal administration IAP. It takes a phone call and a $50 check to transfer it. I don't remember the exact end date but I believe it's February or March, I can look up exact date later this morning!

DHall1
June 13th, 2013, 15:32
Yeah, I will need three more to keep up with the ones that are in the shop for repair. There is really nothing out there that I would rather drive. We have been looking and test driving off and on for the last year or so.

He'll have to buy 3 more so he doesn't have to drive the first three...

bmwade
June 13th, 2013, 15:53
I was way off. Just pulled out my warranty card and its to 9/3/2014 or 60k miles!!

bmwade
June 13th, 2013, 16:08

Also you would be the 2nd Patrick to own the car! Can you tell that I really want either you or Dave to buy my car?

DHall1
June 13th, 2013, 16:20
15 months of extended warranty and 16k of mileage. Sounds like a added safety net for the first year or so of ownership.

I was way off. Just pulled out my warranty card and its to 9/3/2014 or 60k miles!!

StormFront
June 13th, 2013, 17:59
Also you would be the 2nd Patrick to own the car! Can you tell that I really want either you or Dave to buy my car?

i'll send you a PM tonight after i get off of work, too much to type now :)

alrightroad
June 13th, 2013, 18:46
i'll send you a PM tonight after i get off of work, too much to type now :)

We will be waiting for an update!

DHall1
June 16th, 2013, 20:36
Just to provide some pricing feedback. Auction prices for low mileage RS6 are holding strong. This is a copy paste from another thread. I can also look up Manheim if anyone wants.

Two CA RS6s just brought 25k from auction.

Is there a lists that shows all of the vin's? I just watched another one 904641 black with black interior with 40k miles sell at the auction in Riverside, Ca. for $25,750. Also I just purchased some parts from the local Audi dealer and when I give them the vin it shows up in their system as a 2004 model but it is a 2003. Is this common or not with other members?

bmwade
June 16th, 2013, 23:24
Just to provide some pricing feedback. Auction prices for low mileage RS6 are holding strong. This is a copy paste from another thread. I can also look up Manheim if anyone wants.

Two CA RS6s just brought 25k from auction.

Is there a lists that shows all of the vin's? I just watched another one 904641 black with black interior with 40k miles sell at the auction in Riverside, Ca. for $25,750. Also I just purchased some parts from the local Audi dealer and when I give them the vin it shows up in their system as a 2004 model but it is a 2003. Is this common or not with other members?

I'm going to be watching 905538 with great interest when it goes through manhiem Philly! Daytona/silver with 43k and bone stock!

DHall1
June 17th, 2013, 02:58
Generally speaking, you do not find prime examples of any high end vehicle getting run thru Manheim. Sure the low mileage cars should be clean but not pristine. One should also ask why is this ultra low mileage RS6 getting run thru an auction?

If such a questionable car can run thru auction for 26k with no warranty or any history. I can tell you what can happen with an RS6 that does not have full history.

What is bmwade's fully documented 40k car worth? Warranty, fresh timing belt job and torque converter, new Michelin Pilot Supersports, docs and records since new, a proper Ecu/tcu OCT tune, full turbo back Milltek exhaust.

na1mt
June 17th, 2013, 03:25
Generally speaking, you do not find prime examples of any high end vehicle getting run thru Manheim. Sure the low mileage cars should be clean but not pristine. One should also ask why is this ultra low mileage RS6 getting run thru an auction?

If such a questionable car can run thru auction for 26k with no warranty or any history. I can tell you what can happen with an RS6 that does not have full history.

What is bmwade's fully documented 40k car worth? Warranty, fresh timing belt job and torque converter, new Michelin Pilot Supersports, docs and records since new, a proper Ecu/tcu OCT tune, full turbo back Milltek exhaust.

Whatever someone is willing to pay for it....lol. If he ran it through an auction with those mods.....same price or a little less than a car of similar mileage and documentation in completely stock form.

bmwade
June 17th, 2013, 18:21

True story, dealers mostly run their sloppy 2nd through auctions...

DHall1
June 17th, 2013, 19:17
Clearly whatever someone is willing to pay. My example was to show that low mileage dealer auction prices are holding steady at 25 to 26k with no docs.

Most dealers know the industry. I would wonder why the selling dealers are willing to auction off a potential money maker and not retail the vehicle. Generally speaking, there could be issues with that vehicle or its not really that clean for the retail lot.

Compare and contrast to bmwade's fully documented and correctly modded example with warranty and the price premium is well worth it in my mind.

I have owned 3 RS6s. The two low mileage examples from long time owners with full docs have been the best vehicles I have ever purchased. The one in the middle with no records and short term ownership blew up in 3 days. Literally blew up. So I will always pay the premium moving forward. #1 and #3 may never leave my grubby hands.

Whatever someone is willing to pay for it....lol. If he ran it through an auction with those mods.....same price or a little less than a car of similar mileage and documentation in completely stock form.

bmwade
June 30th, 2013, 18:48
Bump. Still at 33k, have reduced autotrader to match.

Other_Erik
July 11th, 2013, 16:58
YGPM on possible trade. Loving TechGurru's Brilliant Black on Ebony, but for 80k less miles, I'll spend a weekend swapping interiors and hand you a big wad of cash :)

Other_Erik

bmwade
July 18th, 2013, 21:08
Fire sale! Price drop to $30k!!!!

I passed on a 30k offer a few weeks back but curcumstances have changed and I have to come up with 30k in next 2 weeks. It hurts but I spent all morning going over it and selling the RS6 for 30k is my best way. I'm also delaying the Avant build for 6 months to a year as I've got a chance to simultaneously flip a house with a couple of buddies and promote my real estate business with the flip. I'll hopefully be back to RS6 ownership before then end of the year by picking up an furture Avant donor candidate but I really need cash now...

SteveKen
July 18th, 2013, 21:30
Fire sale! Price drop to $30k!!!!

I passed on a 30k offer a few weeks back but curcumstances have changed and I have to come up with 30k in next 2 weeks. It hurts but I spent all morning going over it and selling the RS6 for 30k is my best way. I'm also delaying the Avant build for 6 months to a year as I've got a chance to simultaneously flip a house with a couple of buddies and promote my real estate business with the flip. I'll hopefully be back to RS6 ownership before then end of the year by picking up an furture Avant donor candidate but I really need cash now...

GLWS,

Knowing me, I hope to have my Avant done in a couple months and everything is always for sale. Provided you don't mind rowing a manual. lol.

bmwade
July 18th, 2013, 21:44
GLWS,

Knowing me, I hope to have my Avant done in a couple months and everything is always for sale. Provided you don't mind rowing a manual. lol.

Yep 01E is at the top of my list when I get to it!

StormFront
July 18th, 2013, 22:29
I sent you a PM a couple days ago, did you get it?

bmwade
July 18th, 2013, 23:55
I sent you a PM a couple days ago, did you get it?

I got it and replied. I said I still wanted 33k, but that was before I had this deal come across my desk late last night... I can take $30k now. Absolutely have to have $30k though.

JayB
July 26th, 2013, 16:31
I'm going to be watching 905538 with great interest when it goes through manhiem Philly! Daytona/silver with 43k and bone stock!

Curious..... what did this sell for?

Dmb408
July 26th, 2013, 18:40
...wait for it...16,400

DHall1
July 26th, 2013, 18:58
^^ You beat me to it. I had to look twice at that number. Yeeeks, there must have been issues with that car.

Dmb408
July 26th, 2013, 19:10
Yea I was not pleasantly surprised when I looked at the recent runs (they are way lower than just a few weeks ago, for arguably better cars). Maybe people already feel winter coming or dealers finally have their used stocks in order after being out of whack for so long.

Dmb408
July 26th, 2013, 19:11
I mean that number makes any big repair on our cars that much more painful.

bmwade
July 27th, 2013, 23:35
^^ You beat me to it. I had to look twice at that number. Yeeeks, there must have been issues with that car.

Its got a high vin so who knows. Anyone pull autocheck? Maybe it had issues there! But with these cars there is no telling, it could look good and lot drive fine but a detailed inspection could go very poorly! As stated earlier dealers don't send their best stock to the auction, they are almost guaranteed to have issues of some sort. My buddy who deals cars hasn't bough one yet that didn't need repairs, he does ok usually because is a skilled mechanic, but he has been caught a couple of times on Audis and Mercedes with hidden issues.

kvicen
July 29th, 2013, 02:42
Curious..... what did this sell for?

It had a salvage title. Thats why is sold for $16,400.

bmwade
August 31st, 2013, 01:19
It had a salvage title. Thats why is sold for $16,400.

Ah that makes more sense. Well I'm all of a sudden getting tons of intrest in my car! 8 people contacted me in last week...way up compared to the usual 1 or so. No one has ponied up for it as of yet....

bmwade
September 3rd, 2013, 22:46
Price drop. $30k, youre stealing it people. It's up to a hair over 46k miles.

bmwade
September 23rd, 2013, 00:22
Sold. Got my full incredibly low asking price....sad too see her go, new owner will hopefully be joining up.

ttboost
September 23rd, 2013, 00:52
Congrats...I think....