PDA

View Full Version : Audi A9 coming in 2016!

AndyBG
May 3rd, 2013, 11:53
Based on Q7...

http://m.auto-motor-und-sport.de/news/audi-a9-auf-q7-basis-sport-limousine-kommt-2016-7018240.html

StormFront
May 3rd, 2013, 13:47
very cool... but why? the S8 is already heralded as one of, if not the, best full size sport sedan out there. it looks fantastic and has lots of room. why would they want to supplant head room in the rear of a car most buyers are chauffeured around in for a 4 door coupe look in a car that big? why not just make a big 2 door instead to compete against the merc CL?

The RS6
May 3rd, 2013, 14:58
why not just make a big 2 door instead to compete against the merc CL?

Because that already exists.

The key today seems to be finding a new niche. Everyone laughed at Mercedeses' coupe-ish e-class (CLS). Now you have CLS, A7 and BMW 6GC because appearently it's exactly what the market wanted.

StormFront
May 4th, 2013, 02:00
What already exists? The R8? I wouldn't consider that a competitor to the CL class...

AndyBG
May 4th, 2013, 08:55
MB S coupe allready exists, and TheRS6 is saying that in these days its very important to find something that no body makes, also, this kind of "coctail" with 4 door saloon, Coupe and SUV mixed together will be HUGE succses, specialy in US!
People just love to have as much as possible in one car!

One more thing, traditional buyers of big coupes are very traditional! By that I mean that they want to buy things that are here for ages, like Merc' S coupe or Bentley coupe!
Why would Audi strugle to compete in that kind of conservative market, wich is BTW very small! They can just create their own segment!

StormFront
May 4th, 2013, 19:43
A fair argument^ So I guess the main competitor would be the Panamera?

AndyBG
May 4th, 2013, 22:16
Well, I think that this thing will be bigger than Panamera, as well as I see A/S/RS 7 as main competitor to Panamera from Audi, IMHO.

Also, just few hours ago I heard that there Merc' has aproved "four door coupe" S class for 2016! That maybe isn't true, but maybe it is! One thing is for sure, they have their sights into this empty segment as well!

StormFront
May 5th, 2013, 01:05
Fair enough. You are right about the big 2 door clientele though. Though, the CL's only real direct competitor from history is also one of my favorite BMW's, the 8-series.

chewym
May 12th, 2013, 02:55
Length is good, it makes it easier to have good proportions but still be tall enough to be roomy. Would be the perfect vehicle to use the turbo version of the new 6.3 W12 with 650 horsepower.

The Pretender
May 12th, 2013, 17:00
That picture at the top is ugly as hell.

This is still the best out there.

http://www.autozeitung.de/sites/default/files/images/bildergalerie/2011/03/Audi-A9-Sportwagen-001.jpg