PDA

View Full Version : Need to replace ECU

StevieG.
April 27th, 2013, 17:03
Hi folks - anyone know a good source for a used ECU? Mine is throwing a checksum error about once a month, and the boost shuts down. Just a regular old V8 at that point, and not so much fun!

Disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it after a short wait clears the CEL, and then the boost is back. Kind of a pain.....

Thanks for any help!

hahnmgh63
April 27th, 2013, 18:29
Not sure if this was discussed before but have you suspected the custom tune to be the fault? I've heard of Solo in the A4 world but never in working with RS6's or even S4's. Can you reflash it to stock or did they install a chip?

kilian tuning
April 27th, 2013, 19:24
i got a checksum error som time ago, think it was nr 16985.abt tune seem to have these issues alot after time. got it fixed for free at Viper Tuning by setting it back to standard. no troubles since and a great guy to deal with:)

SteveKen
April 28th, 2013, 04:34
Hi folks - anyone know a good source for a used ECU? Mine is throwing a checksum error about once a month, and the boost shuts down. Just a regular old V8 at that point, and not so much fun!

Disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it after a short wait clears the CEL, and then the boost is back. Kind of a pain.....

Thanks for any help!

Do you have a custom tune? Maybe you can do a re-flash with the stock tune again to see if the error goes away.

Maybe the flash needs to be checksummed again?

StevieG.
April 28th, 2013, 22:02
I do have a custom tune, and one of the chips appears to be the problem. I have a lot of confidence in Solo Motorsports for my RS6; they have RS4's, lot's of other Audi's, BMW's and Porche's in the shop. The problem mimics what was occurring with boost leak before I switched to the Venair hoses - CEL comes on, boost shuts down.

Any ideas where to get another ECU?