PDA

View Full Version : Dropping the Engine 2003 RS6

Greyyork
April 26th, 2013, 17:09
Replacing both EGT's I was wondering if anyone would suggest replacing anything else while it's out. Unfortunately the last year of maint recs are in German and its RIGHT at 75k miles so I'm not sure if the timing belt was replaced. I was thinking of the o2 sensors any other advice?

rwheelz
April 26th, 2013, 17:16
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/24988-Engine-out-what-preventive-work-should-be-done

ttboost
April 26th, 2013, 19:20
+1 on the link above..and if you are not sure on the timing belt service...do it...

grizz
April 30th, 2013, 21:39
You can replace them without removing the engine :)

hahnmgh63
April 30th, 2013, 22:14
As Grizz said, you can just lower the engine a little, mostly from the back at an angle and reach the O2's and the EGT sensors to replace, no need dropping the whole assembly. It has been covered before. Just use a tranny jack to support the transmission a little (bell housing area works good, your not putting the full weight on it. Either fully remove or loosen the rear subframe bolts and loosen the front bolts and lower the rear of the engine/tranny. Do it all very slowly to make sure you don't go too much and bind the driveline or pull on any wires. You must also remove the airbox assembly first.

ttboost
May 1st, 2013, 01:07
Yup...support transmission and remove the subframe completely and just snug the front section back up. Makes a lot of room...