PDA

View Full Version : Problems Continue

RCV3
November 5th, 2003, 14:54
Here is the latest update:

Audi is now saying I need a new ECU. Their logic is that because they are continuously getting inconsistent fault codes the computer must be wrong. It makes some sense to me in the limited sense that the car is clearly down on performance - at least it was during the few days it has actually been running - so the ECU must be detuning the engine. My assumption is that there is some sort of safe mode or that the ECU is incorrectly adjusting the mixture and boost at least. Interestingly they will not release the new ECU until they get a copy of my driver's license - to track modders possibly?

Has anyone heard of anything like these levels of problems with an RS6 or am I the only lucky one? I wonder if Richard will sell me my M5 back???

nene
November 5th, 2003, 15:01
That is most certainly unfortunate. I'm very sorry to hear it.
I have not heard of even small number of issues that seem to be identical to yours. Not to say they don't exist, but have not seen them posted here.

Hopefully the new ECU will be all that it requires. I have seen the level of high security around anything RS6 that needs ordered. Even to order the XM module I felt I had to name my first born after Audi (just kidding)!

Don't give up just yet. Give it one more chance, then go for the chocker!
I can only wish you lots of good luck.

Erik
November 5th, 2003, 15:09
I'm very sorry to hear about your problems.
I guess they sometimes have internal routines (like the driver's license). All I can recommend is to do your best to comply and write down when and what happened so you can recall it when you've had enough.

Bauer
November 5th, 2003, 16:17
RCV3-

I have not heard of ANY problems like yours...and I very sorry you have to go through this:( . Hopefully this will fix the problem and please don't give up yet....soon maybe but not yet. The RS6 is a great car IMO, when its running like it is supposed to. Richard said he had a very good time meeting you and that you had a VERY nice stable of cars:cheers: .

P.S. I think Richard probably would not sell the car back as he seems very attcahed to it:p :p :cheers:

GOOD LUCK!!!!

GoFastKindaGuy
November 5th, 2003, 18:00
I've been in 3 times for misfire and rough idle. I'm being told it is a vacuum leak. I've been waiting a month for parts from Germany. (They already replaced air sensors.)

Everyone from the dealer to my Audi Advocate have been trying to get to the bottom of this, but I am beginning to wonder if they know what is going on.

I'm starting to shop for another make of car, but I really would like to have this one right. Those who have no problems with theirs love this car! What would I do... a Benz? Maybe an SL 55 AMG. There is nothing else out there that trips my trigger.

Bauer
November 5th, 2003, 18:15
Gofast...

sorry to hear about your continued problems.....I know it is no fun. Hopefully they can figure it out and keep you as customer..... Unfourtantly, when ever you build something in quanity there is always the chance and likleyhood that some may not be perfect. I am sorry the both of you are having these issues and I would like to see you stay RS6 owners but I understand if you don't. I have thought to myself what would do if were in you shoes? Probably the same as far as giving them the chance to fix the problem. After that I would Demand a new car...as I love Audi's.

Again good luck:cheers:

TaTaPiRaTa
November 5th, 2003, 18:33
This is sad you have trouble like that for so long.
To sweet your waiting time I can say I owned BMW540 since '98, new beatuful "Avant type" / @BMW they call it touring.
When I calculated how many times I was in the workshop since I purchased this car, it was over 60 times, this means nearly once a month.
Broken cooling system, wipers going on themselves, warning light for the airbags, abnormal work at idle, servotronic switching off at tight fast turns (they never resolved this one),...
I calculated all visits those to repair something and those for regular maintenance. In any case my wife's Renault Scenic for the same period was only 4 times at the workshop (regular maintenance plus one shock absorbers damaged) with over half the mileage of my BMW :vvangry:

I personally like BMW, the looks and feel, it was quite fast and comfortable, much more gadgets, but I will have to wait very long to forget my experiences with that brand, before I consider another BMW. So far I enjoy RS very much:addict:

So don't blame your self you feel bad, I always said to myslef I will learn more about my BMW after every visit to the workshop :mouthshut

AvusRS6
November 6th, 2003, 01:23
RCV3, what are you experiencing? GoFast, your misfire sounds like the same problem I had, and dealer thought it was boost leak and they replaced the MAF and problem didn't go away and they replaced the Waste Gauge Cylinoid and all fixed now. Perhaps run it by your dealer?

Benman
November 7th, 2003, 04:34
I am very sorry to hear about all of your troubles. It makes me feel a little gilty about complaining of squeaky brakes. I surely hope all of these issuse get resolved for all of you as i wish you nothing but GOOD memories in your Beasts.:cheers:

Ben:addict:

GoFastKindaGuy
November 15th, 2003, 01:11
Just got my RS6 back. Feels like Audi finally nailed it! Oh, so good. It took four months and 4500 miles of inferior performance (including 200 miles in dealer testing and four trips to the dealer, adding 660 miles) with a total of three weeks out of service, but it appears to be healthy now.

The dealer dug into the engine and replaced the inlet plenum gaskets (I think) as well as the waste gate valves (thanks to the post on earlier on this thread which I shared with the dealer) so I don't know which was the root cause of the stalling and misfire.

I am pleased with the effort and results of my dealer, the Audi regional tech rep, and my Audi advocate. Even the service manager of my S6 dealership got involved to try to help -- and he is not even allowed to work on an RS6.

This case was carried all the way to Audi engineering in Deutchland for parts and advice. I never had to get nasty; I only asked when I should start shopping for a replacement. I shopped and concluded I just wanted this car done right.

:race:

Benman
November 15th, 2003, 04:00
GLAD TO HEAR!!!!:D :D :D
Nice to know your Beast is back and BETTER THAN EVER!!!:cheers:

Ben:addict: :addict: