PDA

View Full Version : RS6 electric cooling fan issues

Travis
April 10th, 2013, 00:14
While replacing the standard items that you all advised I do with my recently purchased rs6 I noticed the drivers side cooling fan is horribly wore out, and in the last few days has started rattling now too. Called the dealership and they quoted me 1, 090.20 for a new fan (thats just the cost of the fan). I asked the dealership if they used the same fan in any other cars (the 4.2L A6's perhaps?) And they couldnt give me an answer, also spent an hour online trying to figure it out without much luck. Curious if any of you might know the answer to that? I think I managed to find the right part number for the rs6 fan (4B3959455F, also found the same number ending in an "E") any help would be much appriciated, thanks guys!

Also, some of you were previously asking for a picture of the car, finally had a chance to upload one on my lunch break, not the best but its a start :-)

ben916
April 10th, 2013, 00:18
sounds like an etka look up...

Travis
April 10th, 2013, 00:21
Etka? Im fairly new to the audi world, my apologies, trying to learn as much as possible though

April 10th, 2013, 00:30
Apparently my beast is more valuable for information in pieces...

small aux fan....13732

main fan....13733

Travis
April 10th, 2013, 00:39
Thank you very much for the pics, main fan passenger side of radiator, aux fan driver side?

April 10th, 2013, 00:43
Thank you very much for the pics, main fan passenger side of radiator, aux fan driver side?

Yep.......Need anything else let me know. Beast will be apart till I get the turbos back from Hudson, WI.

ben916
April 10th, 2013, 00:45
ETKA is the software that the dealerships use to look up part numbers and skematics based on either VIN or model number

Travis
April 10th, 2013, 00:49
Any idea if its possible to weasel the Aux fan out without removing the whole front clip?

April 10th, 2013, 00:51
Nope.....but the front bumper is easy. You'll get used to it! Inner fender liners....3-10mm bumper bolts on each side. Two bolts for the main bumper....disconnect the fog lights, horns, and the headlight washer hose (bring a bucket).

Travis
April 10th, 2013, 00:52
ETKA is the software that the dealerships use to look up part numbers and skematics based on either VIN or model number

Oh ok, I asked if they could but were very hestitant on giving me an answer so I told them not to worry about, im sure it had mostly to do with the fact that I didnt have a chance to call them till 10 minutes before they closed

Travis
April 10th, 2013, 00:58
Haha, oh im sure I will considering I have absolutly no intentions on ever selling this thing :-) however I am now headed back home out in the sticks where there is no internet and no cell service so I will fallow up with you guys once I start digging in, thanks again for the info, very much appreciated