PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal tuning

lswing
April 7th, 2013, 00:51
Had the car tuned for temps of the summer. With my boost, fuel, and water meth everything was great on the dyno last August at about 80 degrees out, under full heat soak conditions. I drove easy this fall, then had the car in the shop for a few months, and it's just felt a bit bogged down, certainly at low rpms. I backed off the wm, helped a bit. Figured I would add just a bit more boost since it's still cool, and I was just about 15-16psi, now up to 16-17, will see how it reacts. Also backed off on fuel some, was dumping in 7% extra under load, so took that down to 6%. Should still be plenty of fuel, and it should make the car a bit more lively. I'll try and grab some logs tomorrow. It's been about 50-60 degrees around here, still a few months until we get into the consistent 70-80s where I'll probably kick the water meth in and adjust from there.

More so just observations on how much temperature affects these cars, with any boosted car I suppose.

Also had a good drive and data log with G2 yesterday. I'll post some logs, he's also running revo, and had good numbers for the most part. We both drove around a bit, cool seeing the rs6 on the road, you really see how stout and good the car looks, nothing else like it! Cool hearing another rs6 also, I took off from a light with his car chasing, and actually heard the roar of his rs6 chasing me, beasts...:addict:

G2
April 7th, 2013, 17:44
These cars, even 10yrs later, have Presence on the road. Lswing followed me for a bit and even in the rear view mirror these cars look muscular and a bit menancing!

That was a lot of fun, informative, and later the food and suds was quite tasty!

It's old school, but maybe not a bad idea to have a look at the a couple spark plugs? My car has colder Bosch plugs, which seem to work well. Only exception is when the car is moved a few times without driving it (in'n out of the shop, etc)- tends to start fouling up a bit. I try to avoid this, naturally.

I wonder how many Beasts are within reasonable driving distance? Be a gas to get everyone together. And I have the place for it, too :race:

repda503
April 8th, 2013, 05:09
I'm in Portland and should have my car out of the shop this month. Would love to go on a drive.

G2
April 8th, 2013, 05:30
I'm in Portland and should have my car out of the shop this month. Would love to go on a drive.

That would be great. What's being done to it?

Maybe I should start a new thread to see how many people we can put together?

lswing
April 8th, 2013, 05:35

We met at Cobb tuning right? Sounds good!

repda503
April 8th, 2013, 07:51
That would be great. What's being done to it?

Maybe I should start a new thread to see how many people we can put together?

Like everyone else I'm rebuilding my slush box, ACE TC, new valve body, adj upper control arms, and all the other small things while the car is apart. I have a local mechanic doing it for me but it's been taking a lot longer than I thought.

lswing I don't believe we have met yet. In December I met up with a couple other guys from Seattle but nobody from Eugene.

lswing
April 8th, 2013, 14:39
Right, that was cruzanrs6, Scott, got a nice silver model. Yep, spring time gtg would be good...