PDA

View Full Version : De-badge?

kilian tuning
April 2nd, 2013, 21:46
As above...
Its getting ridiculous sometimes.
Today went for a lunch with the lady and kids, parked the car in front of the lunchroom, visible from inside.
Then a customs car drove by twice and the car got their attention. After that a police car stopped at the passenger side, drove back and parked behind my car, noted my license plate and drove away...

Now thats negative attention isnt it...speaking of bad reputation these cars have...

I hope debadge will help prevent this kind of attention...

April 2nd, 2013, 22:01
Curious....as generally that wouldn't happen here in the states as no one knows what the RS is. Why do these cars get attention from your authorities? Stolen a lot? Drug runners? ?? Just curious.

vitalian
April 2nd, 2013, 23:00
My car has had the exterior RS6 badges removed. I love the additional "stealth factor" of being badge-less, plus the clean look of the rear end with only the 4 rings of Audi on display!

April 3rd, 2013, 00:41
Debadged my son's 4.2 with nothing but blacked out rings and a / // /// decal...looks great.

ttboost
April 3rd, 2013, 01:16
Funny..I've been considering making mine stealthy...I guess you can always just stick them back on with 3M tape if you change your mind...

JSRS6
April 3rd, 2013, 01:23
Yes and no. The tape you need is thinner than you can go buy at say, autozone. 3m makes it, but it's not that easy to just go buy.

ttboost
April 3rd, 2013, 12:02
i have a bunch of the 3M command tape...It's fairly thin, but probably not as thin as what's on there obviously...probably too lazy to do it anyway...

Jimmy
April 3rd, 2013, 12:15
How weird/strange is that?

I hope for you that the authorities are not in fact criminals on the side and are using their credentials to pull a snatch n' grab to dismantle or sell overseas...

Kinda like the US DEA Agents that confiscate large quantities of drugs, then sell some of it for their own gain.

BuffaloRS6
April 6th, 2013, 15:13
If it were me and I saw a cop looking at my car like that, I would've walked out and asked what he was doing or if I could help him with something. Were you doing any "spirited" driving that could've gotten you noticed by law enforcement? Maybe he was just admiring it. I wouldn't read too much into it. I get looks/thumbs up all the time in my RS.

ttboost
April 6th, 2013, 15:28
Yeah...I just got back from a nice ride...Some guy followed me for about 10 minutes constantly giving me a thumbs up whenever he thought I ws looking.....He then promply did a a u turn and went back the other way!!!
Once in a while it happens...but 95% of people have no idea...