PDA

View Full Version : '14 Porsche Panamera facelift

AndyBG
April 2nd, 2013, 20:07
Restyling for Panamera, and new engine for S, 3.0l V6 twin-turbo, developing 419 ps with 521 Nm of torque. This very engine will be in next RS 4/5 and it will be in future known as 3.0 TFSI in Audis, as it will be replacement for all 3.0 V6 supercharged engines.

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/04/2014-porsche-panamera-facelift-with-new.html

darkop
April 3rd, 2013, 18:46
This very engine will be in next RS 4/5 and it will be in future known as 3.0 TFSI in Audis, as it will be replacement for all 3.0 V6 supercharged engines.

Are you sure about this?
It's quite impressive specs, and seems like - without even trying too hard. After all, Panamera S was never about the top specs of the engine. So, God knows how big potential is there yet...

RXBG
April 3rd, 2013, 20:29
This very engine will be in next RS 4/5 and it will be in future known as 3.0 TFSI in Audis, as it will be replacement for all 3.0 V6 supercharged engines.

Are you sure about this?
It's quite impressive specs, and seems like - without even trying too hard. After all, Panamera S was never about the top specs of the engine. So, God knows how big potential is there yet...

wow.wow. wow.

AndyBG
April 4th, 2013, 06:57
Yes, for some time know I'm bumping on info's telling that 3.0 S/C will be replaced with 3.0 bi-turbo, and as we all know N/A engines are thing of past, so we have a winner. I really doubt that this engine will remain Porsche only, this will be in every Audi from A4 to A8...

Ruergard
April 4th, 2013, 20:26
I like this. Both the facelift and info about the engine..

ZeroCool
April 9th, 2013, 19:53
don't be so sure about the replacement of the S/C engine through turbocharged, AndyBG ;)

AndyBG
May 9th, 2013, 22:32
don't be so sure about the replacement of the S/C engine through turbocharged, AndyBG ;)

Sorry, havn't seen this post of yours...

You wanna bet!? :D

BTW, this new VW Golf GTI "Design Vision GTI" concept has 3.0l VR6 biturbo developing 503 ps, 560 Nm...

It is great suprise to me...

ZeroCool
May 10th, 2013, 06:35
we can bet if you want ;)

AndyBG
May 10th, 2013, 07:30
I see you are preety sure about this...
And, I'm still convinced that thing I'm saying has sence, but to be precise, I heard that next RS 4 and RS 5 will be 3.0 V6 bi-turbo, also, I heard that complete range of 3.0 S/C will be replacet with this turbo version.
Maybe turbo will go only into next RS 4/5...

What do you think about that?

chewym
May 10th, 2013, 18:12
Sorry, havn't seen this post of yours...

You wanna bet!? :D

BTW, this new VW Golf GTI "Design Vision GTI" concept has 3.0l VR6 biturbo developing 503 ps, 560 Nm...

It is great suprise to me...

The 3.0 VR6 TT (as seen in the VW concepts) wouldn't work in a A4/A5. And that engine is not confirmed for production. Not sure what Audi is going to do with its next FI V6. I am not sure if they can do a V6 with the turbos inside the V like on the S6/S7/S8/RS6/RS7 as there is less space to work with. They might just stick with the supercharged option and update it.

ZeroCool
May 11th, 2013, 07:09
as far as I know, currently both engines (turbo and s/c) are on the testbed....and the s/c is not so bade compared to the turbo ;)
the final decision isn't made...that's what I'm saying

@chewym..

don't be so sure about the less space in between the V ;)

AndyBG
May 11th, 2013, 07:32
The 3.0 VR6 TT (as seen in the VW concepts) wouldn't work in a A4/A5. And that engine is not confirmed for production. Not sure what Audi is going to do with its next FI V6. I am not sure if they can do a V6 with the turbos inside the V like on the S6/S7/S8/RS6/RS7 as there is less space to work with. They might just stick with the supercharged option and update it.

Not talking here about this engine!
This is conversation about new Panamera S engine, the regular V6 biturbo, not the VR6 from GTI concept!
I never said anything about VR6 biturbo replacing 3.0 s/c.

as far as I know, currently both engines (turbo and s/c) are on the testbed....and the s/c is not so bade compared to the turbo ;)

I have feeling that turbos will won!

chewym
May 11th, 2013, 18:29

@chewym..

don't be so sure about the less space in between the V ;)

The V6 is certainly shorter than the V8 so the packaging would be tighter I assume? Does the Porsche V6 have turbos in the usual place? Either way I suppose there will be two different FI V6 3.0, a bit of overkill imo. My money ($0.02) is on the Porsche V6 TT staying in a Porsche only (Macan, Cayenne, Panamera).

AndyBG
May 11th, 2013, 21:30
Audis 3.0 S/C was in Panamera S hybrid, and that same engine powers new Panamera S E-hybrid...

I must say I find that strange, now when they have this new 3.0 TT engine...

chewym
May 11th, 2013, 23:17
The 3.0 T 8 speed auto hybrid comes as one package and can be dropped into different cars, would take extra work to create a new package with a different gas unit to mate the two together.

ZeroCool
May 12th, 2013, 05:37
There won't be two different FI V6 ...

chewym
May 19th, 2013, 04:37
There won't be two different FI V6 ...

I mean one from Audi and one from Porsche. As you said Audi will likely onlyhave either an updated supercharged 3.0 or a TT version scaled down from the new hot side in V8?

ZeroCool
May 21st, 2013, 21:14
I mean one from Audi and one from Porsche. As you said Audi will likely onlyhave either an updated supercharged 3.0 or a TT version scaled down from the new hot side in V8?

I know what you meant ;)