PDA

View Full Version : If you dont have a Ross-Tech Vag....another reason to buy one

DHall1
April 1st, 2013, 18:31
A left motor mount code will cause your RS6 to go into limp mode.

No CEL but the code was there and when cleared the car was back to normal.

hahnmgh63
April 1st, 2013, 20:33
I replaced with Stern mounts ($279.95pr) when the engine was out as I damaged the drivers side while working on it. They come with resistors to plug in and fool the ECU. They come in soft and hard, I went with the Soft which are slightly harder than OEM. A very slight vibration at idle but otherwise not noticeable, slightly tighter drivetrain. 034 makes a hard rubber replacement for $80each.

ttboost
April 1st, 2013, 22:35
A left motor mount code will cause your RS6 to go into limp mode.

No CEL but the code was there and when cleared the car was back to normal.

Hmmm, interesting. I have asked this question a number of times and not really gotten an answer as I have had a left engine mount code since I bought my car. I have never limped because of this. (I have since changed out to aftermarket ones during my recent manual swap.) I have had my issues with SAI and EGT's that may or may not have "limped" me OR in combination with a left engine mount code, but I seem to recall ONLY having a left engine mount code and not being in limp mode?

DHall1
April 2nd, 2013, 00:45
Limp may vary but

I noticed my car down on power.

Ran vag and noticed .3bar boost.

Checked code and found mount only.

Cleared code and drove car.

Back to normal and stock 6bar boost

Hmmm, interesting. I have asked this question a number of times and not really gotten an answer as I have had a left engine mount code since I bought my car. I have never limped because of this. (I have since changed out to aftermarket ones during my recent manual swap.) I have had my issues with SAI and EGT's that may or may not have "limped" me OR in combination with a left engine mount code, but I seem to recall ONLY having a left engine mount code and not being in limp mode?

ttboost
April 2nd, 2013, 00:49
Odd little cars these are...

marklar182
April 2nd, 2013, 13:20
I had a right mount code forever with no ill effects, boost was spot on, timing, fuel, the works......hmmm.