PDA

View Full Version : Looking for feedback from people who have had their TC replaced

mtmscs4
March 26th, 2013, 22:43
Need some feedback from this knowledgable group...

Just had the CEL come on and scanned the infamous P0741 code - TC

I spoke to TozoM8 and the dealer.

Tozo offers a rebuilt TC installed for $2,200. The dealer is significantly more as they state the engine must also be pulled.

I have two questions to those that have had their TC's replaced:
1.). What TC did you go with. (OEM or some aftermarket option)
2.). How many miles have you logged since getting the TC replaced and have you had any additional issues?

Thanks
Dan

To any of you out there looking for a used RS6.. Spend a little more and get the extended warranty. It is sooooo worth it.

MORS6
March 26th, 2013, 23:04
I went with the aftermarket option from ACE and had it installed by TozoM8. I had it done at 71K and am now at 113K so I've put 42,000 miles on since. No additional issues. I believe mine was the first ACE/Tozo combo.

lswing
March 26th, 2013, 23:11
ACE, 4k miles, just fine, installed at my local indie for about the same total, Tozo price is good. Some folks say the new oem tc's are good now, I personally don't trust Audi parts.

ttboost
March 27th, 2013, 00:07
I did an Ace TC back when I had that type of transmission. I had also heard that the new Audi TC's were OK. Went with an Ace anyway.

twinsteve
March 27th, 2013, 00:51
Replaced mine with redesigned OEM TC...covered by Fidelity....no issues since

Bigglezworth
March 27th, 2013, 05:04
ACE, 4k miles, just fine, installed at my local indie for about the same total, Tozo price is good. Some folks say the new oem tc's are good now, I personally don't trust Audi parts.I have 130K on my second TC which is the replacement OEM and there are no problems with it whatsoever. I've bagged the snot out of it too. I can't say as I would have replaced things with another OEM, but in this case I have no concerns. There are lots of TC companies out there that can do modifications to an OEM unit to beef it up, change the stall speed, etc. A number are using Ace which also gets mentioned a lot (I liken this more to demographics than anything), but others like B&M, TCI, NCRC, etc., are good options also.

mik15
March 27th, 2013, 10:16
i've had mine recently replaced with an OEM one, so far i have only driven the car less than 2k miles but it definitely feels great with the new one. I too had the TC error code but the gearbox was shifting ok with no issues, this is why i chose to replace only the TC without refurbishing the entire unit! The car has now almost 88k miles and it was driven with the TC error for more than 20k miles before it got replaced, however it was babied knowing the error and the gearbox oil changed :) !

mtmscs4
March 27th, 2013, 13:40
Great info. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.