PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have good source for high beam replacement bulbs?

alrightroad
March 24th, 2013, 04:03
Looking for quality, possibly uprated ones and not super high dollar.

March 24th, 2013, 04:20
eBay...but don't go for the aftermarket ones...get GE or a brand name. Bought some aftermarket ones with a different color for my A6 and they wouldn't light off.

Eh, didn't read the post...high beams I don't know.....

Elevens
March 24th, 2013, 05:11
I haven't gotten around to doing it yet, but I plan on installing a set of H7 55W HID's into my High Beam sockets. Some of those boys over pond have done it with spectacular results ( Instant Daylight). The next time I pull the Bumper I think I will do it then. As it is easier to do the retrofit with the Headlamps out. I cannot really recomend anything in particular, maybe PIAA's but I would not spend the money they want for them. Right now I run some cheap no name brand H7 Bulb out of China which gets the job done for now..............................................

DHall1
March 24th, 2013, 05:13
Piaa

Gets my vote. Extreme white

alrightroad
March 25th, 2013, 00:05
Got it. Thanks gents. I might check out that HID H7 conversion. would be nice.

ben916
March 25th, 2013, 04:01
And a write up would be nice also, with photos.
I still don't know how to remove my bumper...[sad]

G2
October 1st, 2013, 07:11
PIAA or Hella. Have used and owned both. Slyvania Silver Stars (German) continually burn out, but are nice for a short while.

G2
October 1st, 2013, 16:30
Far as a source, I get them thru our shop. Including HID kits and just about everything one could want. Hella's are probably the best value.

PM if interested.