PDA

View Full Version : Trans Shift Lock Clicking When Driving. - P1626

KWest
March 20th, 2013, 00:03
Driving home tonight in D the trans in my car starts to act up. Under light throttle it would lunge into a lower gear, then jump back to the gear it started in. Also the shift lock solenoid would engage.
When parked if I put the car in any gear the shift lock will quickly engage/disengage, not constantly but it will flicker for a few cycles and then 20 seconds later flicker again.

The ECU had the following fault code.
P1626 - 004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent

Thanks in advance.

lswing
March 20th, 2013, 03:11
I would assume your clutch packs are toast and needs a rebuild. I never got codes, but was jumping gears, although it was always slipping and revving high then grabbing a higher gear. What was that ecu from, engine or trans or?

Also where you at, and what's the story with your car?

Elevens
March 20th, 2013, 03:20
Electrical in nature. I would assume a loose connection somewhere. Sorry I can't be more helpfull than that.........

KWest
March 20th, 2013, 06:18
Some interesting info the follow this up.

After double checking the TCU connector it was properly seated and all the pins look ok. I cleared all the fault codes and the shift lock would still flicker.

I did some reading about throttle and kickdown adaptations and found some weird data. Engine measuring block 63 showed the field 3 (Kickdown Switch) active at idle, and field 4 (Adaptation) as 10. I ran a throttle adaptation followed by a kickdown adaptation. Kickdown is now blank until 80+% and Adaptation shows ADP OK.

I drove roughly 35kms after doing the adaptations and the car ran perfectly. Part throttle response seems much for defined and the transmission seems to downshift much smoother. I don't know if the above adaptations really helped or if the problem just took a short break.

Thanks again guys.

I'm in Calgary, Alberta and after some looking was able to find a clean Canadian VIN'd car. Canada only got 90 cars so they fairly rare up here. Avus Silver, Silver Interior, Dark Wood (birdseye maple) Trim.

ben916
March 20th, 2013, 16:40
Nice to hear you solved it.
I was thinking a $20 brake light switch was going bad...

Elevens
March 21st, 2013, 00:52
I say its a result of you shaking up that TCU (possible loose connection)..............

KWest
March 21st, 2013, 09:10
I drove another 100+kms today and the car ran perfect. Checked for faults when a arrived home and everything was clear.

I don't know if it was the TCU connection or Kickdown adaptation, either way I'm glad it wasn't the trans itself.

Bigglezworth
March 22nd, 2013, 04:38
I'm in Calgary, Alberta and after some looking was able to find a clean Canadian VIN'd car. Canada only got 90 cars so they fairly rare up here. Avus Silver, Silver Interior, Dark Wood (birdseye maple) Trim.New owner? Car have 175000kms on it by chance?