PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Updated DRC Takeoffs

Brazil
March 18th, 2013, 17:09
I know there are a few of you who had the DRC recall performed and then swapped to coilovers shortly after. Do any of you still have your DRC struts around that you'd like to sell? My front left absorber is leaking. I took the car in before the recall ended last year and they said the serial numbers indicated that the recall was not needed (BS!).

Just replaced Avus-RS6's DRC system on my lift yesterday and would like to do the same to mine.

Jason's car under the knife:

ben916
March 18th, 2013, 17:52
Jake,

I am working on my wife to let me get some PSS9 or KWv3 and since I am local, you can HAVE all my recalled DRC with only one request = ya gotta help me install the coilovers and get it set up right.

Brazil
March 18th, 2013, 19:13
Sounds like a deal to me. Let me know when you get your coilovers.

I can definitely help install the coilovers and get them setup, but I can't do the alignment. Achtuning has a great alignment rack and does audiclub pricing.

How many miles on the new DRC?

ben916
March 18th, 2013, 20:01
The original owner had the entire system replaced (piecemealed ) 3-4 times, depending on which corner was failing.
The DRC recall was performed in July 2009 (I can get the exact mileage) and I purchased the car in Feb 2010 (36,600 miles) immediately knew something wasn't quite right.
Weird suspension knocking AFTER the car was warmed up and on flat/level surfaces.

I had the system drained and repressurized in Feb 2012 and all the knocks were gone.
You may have to ride/drive it to make sure you want it.
I have checked for leaks/weeps and so far so good.

The current system has at least 31,000 miles on it.

Brazil
March 20th, 2013, 16:44
I'll think about it when the time comes. I was hoping for a "newer" setup. Keep me updated.

ben916
March 20th, 2013, 16:48
Will do.

Chuck
March 21st, 2013, 14:13
I had my car in for a clunk/knocking sound in the DRC right front, they had the car about 10 days while I drove their 2.0t, the Fidelity warranty guys denied any warranty because the shock is still damping and performing correctly, just making noise, so the system was repressurized and seemed better, still making noise almost embarrasing to have new rider in the car. I am now thinking like some of the guys as to scrap the DRC, it still comes down to the right front shock, so if anybody willing to part with a right shock DRC I'd be willing to entertain that?

DHall1
March 21st, 2013, 14:57
Scrap the DRC

H&R or KW FTW

Just say no to 4x4 wheel gap in the rear.

I had my car in for a clunk/knocking sound in the DRC right front, they had the car about 10 days while I drove their 2.0t, the Fidelity warranty guys denied any warranty because the shock is still damping and performing correctly, just making noise, so the system was repressurized and seemed better, still making noise almost embarrasing to have new rider in the car. I am now thinking like some of the guys as to scrap the DRC, it still comes down to the right front shock, so if anybody willing to part with a right shock DRC I'd be willing to entertain that?

SteveKen
March 21st, 2013, 17:45
Scrap the DRC

H&R or KW FTW

Are PSS9s still a viable alternative, too?

I'd really hope that someone could experiment and come up with an optimal daily driver DRC replacement consisting of shocks and springs. </read: non coilover> </read: I'm a cheap ass>

Bigglezworth
March 21st, 2013, 17:50

Check your upper and lower control arms. These frequently lead to false beliefs the damper is bad when in fact the bushings are worn out.

JRS-RS6
March 22nd, 2013, 17:04
IM Me -- I might have a lead on a full set.

Brazil
March 22nd, 2013, 17:22
Scrap the DRC

H&R or KW FTW

Easy to say, but the DRC is going to be better for street driving (when it works) and much, much cheaper.

formula1man
March 24th, 2013, 23:33
I just put my KW v3's in Friday (or my mechanic did...) and I have the 4 units in the KW box. They were not leaking, I just rside in a area with lots of corners, and wanted the extra fun. Let me know if you are interested.

Aaron.

Brazil
March 25th, 2013, 17:53
Thanks, Aaron. I sent you a few additional questions.

lswing
March 25th, 2013, 18:10
Koni Sports are just a bit firmer than drc and perform great...Plus perfect rude height, about 1" lower I think.

formula1man
March 25th, 2013, 19:08
PM'd you back.

Aaron.