PDA

View Full Version : Anybody RS6 SKIBA chip only tuned?

TaTaPiRaTa
November 3rd, 2003, 21:43
Hi Beast fans !!!

Does anybody have or heard of Skiba RS6 515PS/718NM tuning with chip only?

I'm a bit afraid of the condition of gearbox after reprograming the ECUs only.
In many posts one says it is good up to 660NM without hardware work done on the grearbox...

Any technical comments/advices?

see there:
http://www.skiba-tuning.de/news.html

and enjoy :)

Erik
November 3rd, 2003, 22:13
0-200km/h: 14.8 sek.

Yeah right... :eye:

gjg
November 4th, 2003, 11:03
Marcin,

if you want to tune, check MTM - at least you deal with someone who has a track record. Just about any programmer can write software, long term effect on the engine are more than questionable. There is not too many tuners with specifically Audi track record.

I've seen that with the UrS engines and there is plenty of people even on this list who made the experience.

George

TaTaPiRaTa
November 5th, 2003, 16:12
Originally posted by gjg
Marcin,

if you want to tune, check MTM - at least you deal with someone who has a track record. Just about any programmer can write software, long term effect on the engine are more than questionable. There is not too many tuners with specifically Audi track record.

I've seen that with the UrS engines and there is plenty of people even on this list who made the experience.

George

Good point, but I how do you know that somebody is good somebody is not. See the US guys wows about the GIAC tuning. As for me personally that is no better than Skiba or simillar.

I'm not technical, still learning using this forum as guide, as well.

I'm curious why some tuners are doing only up to 660 NM while others are over 700 easily. Oettinger, B&B, MTM stage 3 thay all have over 700 NM with higher stages, while Skiba has it just with chipping both ECUs. As far as I can see everybody just reprograms the gearbox ECU.
What do you say to this? :confused:

I think tuning is serious one way decision.

My objectives are:
- get warranty and proven solution
- get better HP & NM to be able to have 4.2/4.3 0-100 times
- get flat NM curve
- reasonable price (under 10k$ = about 10% car price)
- no more noise form the silencers.

After long research I see there are two type of tuners:
one who have chip only solution and they are both over/under 700NM
and
other who have higher tuning stages, where the first point is to change the silencers/cat back (if I'm correct ??)

Maybe my ideal solution would be to stop modifications at the after catalisator level, I would save 2k on the silencers loosing 8-15 HP. But everybody says I need new & THEIR cat back.

Another way is to get chip 500HP sollution, then after some time (double enjoment), upgrade to higher stage, but still the decision which tuner to choose is even more dramatic :vsad:

Bottom up question is why there are so big differences in NM at every tuner, chich one are dangerous which not?

Any more technically able to comment this?
:deal: