PDA

View Full Version : RSN-E and XM issues

yokust
March 7th, 2013, 02:17
SO finally picked up a RSN-E, and the XM 'E' box. And all came out of an '02 S6 with adaptor harness

When turning on XM, it pulls up and says INITIALIZING and then changes to a screen that says contact Audi for Sirius install.

I can plug in my old XM 'A' box, and does the same thing, but is playing music the whole time, but same error screen shows up.

So cant get to screen to get the radio ID # to call and have XM acount swapped

navplus.us site no longer works to look up some of the older install

JSRS6
March 7th, 2013, 03:13
Radio id isn't on the xm unit? I know, but it was on mine when I got it.

hahnmgh63
March 7th, 2013, 03:22
Here is where most of the Navplus.us stuff went:
http://audiforum.us/#audi-navigation-electronics.38

nene
March 7th, 2013, 03:50
My RS6 Unit installation with XM module (http://www.htms.org/rnse.html)

yokust
March 8th, 2013, 02:37

This is the error screen I get. I get it with both 'A' box, that was in the car or the 'E' box that I bought to match the new nav unit.

When I have the old 'A' box hooked up, I hear music from the last station that was playing before I switched to nav. But new box 'E' box does nothing.

Tried calling xm with ID off the box, and they can see it via sat readings and have tried to turn it on and does nothing. xm tech believes to be a bad module.

But then for curious factor, I plugged the module into a 07 Jetta today that uses same part number, and it will pull up to preview station and play the preview station

yokust
March 8th, 2013, 02:38
And I know modules can fail of course

But I did see this whole setup work in a '02 S6 before I bought it. Bought it so he could change to a custom aftermarket deck and setup(not sure why but he wasnt happy with sound quality after he swapped this into his vehicle)

nene
March 8th, 2013, 05:03
Wish I could help, but I am drawing a blank on this one.

JSRS6
March 8th, 2013, 05:32

This is the error screen I get. I get it with both 'A' box, that was in the car or the 'E' box that I bought to match the new nav unit.

When I have the old 'A' box hooked up, I hear music from the last station that was playing before I switched to nav. But new box 'E' box does nothing.

Tried calling xm with ID off the box, and they can see it via sat readings and have tried to turn it on and does nothing. xm tech believes to be a bad module.

But then for curious factor, I plugged the module into a 07 Jetta today that uses same part number, and it will pull up to preview station and play the preview station

I got the same error screen when I selected xm band today for shits and gigs. Still have the symphony xm module installed. Are you sure your rnse is coded properly?

hahnmgh63
March 8th, 2013, 08:34
Have you tried scanning the Nav unit with Vagcom to see if anything comes up? If and when you do, post what the soft coding is set at and maybe we can find something there although if it was working fine in the S6 it should work fine in your car.

yokust
March 9th, 2013, 02:24
Turns out it was a bad module. So who knows what happened to module between the 6 days of when I saw everything work and when it was at audio shop getting stuff removed and larger stereo installed.

Got a 'new-ish' module out of a used car today. Screen came up, and xm was able to load it within 3min

JSRS6
March 9th, 2013, 05:01
Glad it all worked out for ya.