PDA

View Full Version : red RS6 for sale florida

FJC711
March 6th, 2013, 20:14
Long time lurker first time poster. Hi gang!

anyways,

Theres a Red RS6 for sale at evolution auto in sanford FL. Anyone know anything about this car? Cant get any service records on it. Been looking for awhile for this color in lowish miles. Supposedly it was bought and lived its whole life in Tampa? I hate to buy a car with no records.....

JSRS6
March 6th, 2013, 20:25
http://www.evolutionauto.com/index.htm#used_p_2FAudi_p_2F2003-Audi-RS6-636224be0a0a004900929b528b5777b8_p_2Ehtm

JSRS6
March 6th, 2013, 20:27
Wuapv64b73n904470

JSRS6
March 6th, 2013, 20:28
I curtailed my asshole tendencies and looked it up, since I'm not busy. Just eating some wings. :thumb:

FJC711
March 6th, 2013, 20:32
THats it, I was going to do that but i had an uninvited boss enter my office. Had to minimize my errrrrr work? lol
Thanks!

ben916
March 7th, 2013, 04:50
i will check it tomorrow at work

FJC711
March 7th, 2013, 21:20
That would be much appreciated Thanks !

ben916
March 7th, 2013, 22:46
That one is new to the list!
Nice color combo and relatively low mileage.
Snap that up!

FJC711
March 8th, 2013, 00:41
I know, I haven't seen red in person, but have always had red cars. It seems prices go through the roof with 15000 miles less, which is where I wanted to be actually. Again no service records so... Do I just plan on timing belt if I buy it?

ttboost
March 8th, 2013, 00:48
Nope..timing belt at 75k. You'd have some time...no point in doing it that early...

FJC711
March 8th, 2013, 00:54
But with no records do I know it was done at 35000? That's my fear. Maybe the forums have got me scared a bit ;).

ttboost
March 8th, 2013, 01:06
You can go to any dealer with the VIN and see what was done to the car...as long as it was done at a dealer...and at 35k miles, it was probably still under warranty...so likely it was...

And it is wasn't...few hundred bucks if you do it yourself...probably $1200-$1500 for an indy to do it...

FJC711
March 8th, 2013, 02:00
Good point, but intimidated with pulling the whole front end off. But maybe it will be a bonding process with the car? :)

ttboost
March 8th, 2013, 12:01
Front end doesn't have to come all the way off.. Just put it in "service" position, which is everything unbolted and hanging forward about 6-8 inches...enough to do what we need to do. You will bond...

FJC711
March 8th, 2013, 16:18
Looks like the search goes on for me. Several big scratches in the paint that look like were fixed with a brush... and the interior seems like it was driven by a woman with 6 inch nails with all the component wear and scratches, armrest is broken off, trim dented by the rear vents. Was kind of excited to be disappointed yet again. SO it goes. Maybe something better will come along. Thanks for the replies though!

ben916
March 8th, 2013, 17:57
Looks like the search goes on for me. Several big scratches in the paint that look like were fixed with a brush... and the interior seems like it was driven by a woman with 6 inch nails with all the component wear and scratches, armrest is broken off, trim dented by the rear vents. Was kind of excited to be disappointed yet again. SO it goes. Maybe something better will come along. Thanks for the replies though!

That is a bummer on the interior!

Just so you know, that interior rubberized $hit on everything inside, it does come off no matter how careful/careless one is.
The headlight switch and the climate controls take a beating as does the passenger door handle (not the "OH SHIT!!!" bar)

FJC711
March 8th, 2013, 18:42
Yeah, I figured some of that could be replaced, but the wood grain is dented in several places, the plate around the shifter is beat up, knob missing , really I have no idea what happened in there? And that bumper scratch was brutal, makes me think it was bondo'd up or something at one point.

tjb616
March 12th, 2013, 22:26
Hey guys, joined to share some info on this car (and because of a pending project.)

The car is a Tampa car, and is indeed driven by a woman. I used to run into her regularly and I will tell you one thing, the car was driven as if your mother owned it. Its a shame to hear about the interior, the exterior was always clean when I saw it. I knew a handful of cars that tried "messing" with it when they saw it on the street, and were all promptly ignored as she carried about at her leisurely pace. The car was maintained originally at Reeves of Tampa, the best dealership Ive ever dealt with personally. I believe it was originally purchased there as well, but am not sure. Here is an old shot of it and my Ultarsport dd.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/tj616/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20Timothys%20MacBook%20Pro/ScreenShot2013-03-10at15207PM_zps1d5d379c.png
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/tj616/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20Timothys%20MacBook%20Pro/ScreenShot2013-03-10at15220PM_zpsc05bb2b3.png

Erik
March 13th, 2013, 07:10
Hi and welcome to RS6.com

Great story there :D

mik15
March 13th, 2013, 07:52

all this is easy to fix and not expensive, if everything else checks out ok i wouldn't be bothered by these minor issues. Even if it wasn't a woman with 6 inch nails, most of the buttons would be peeling off anyway, the armrest is an easy fix, as well as the dented trim.

vitalian
March 13th, 2013, 16:50
^^I agree. If the car is mechanically sound (a BIG "if"), these cosmetic issues can certainly be taken care of. The car has low miles and that's a fairly rare color combo -- I would be inclined to talk the dealer down by a few $K because of the cosmetic issues, drive that pretty red beastie home, and give her some TLC!

(BTW, I do NOT have 6" fingernails, and all my interior doo-dad buttons and armrests are peeling -- the car came that way when I bought it.)

ttboost
March 14th, 2013, 11:53
I bought mine from a woman driver and the interior is also scratched a bit, has not gotten worse in the years I've had it. Didn't stop me from grabbing it, as I waited a while for this color combo to come along...

FJC711
March 15th, 2013, 01:44
Going to contact that dealer and have them pull the records.... I think I'll swing down and take a look for myself...
it's the color I want and lower miles seemingly bring a fortune... Thanks for the input!
ill let ya know

lswing
March 15th, 2013, 03:47
If she's mechanically sound give it a go. Interior and body work should be much less $$ than a car with issues...and might reduce the price.

FJC711
March 28th, 2013, 13:46
Well, I went down to look at this car... The interior was as I thought... pretty brutal... but all stuff i can fix. Unfortunately there was a ton of scratches in the paint... in the RR quarter i think she missed the tank with the fuel nozzle everytime it was filled.. I mean i was pretty disappointed with the paint work on that whole side of the car. Obviously a family ride as was hinted at earlier. Then i made the biggest mistake i could have made. I drove it. After that i was pretty blind to the appearance flaws from before and ended up buying it, for a bit of a discount. Sooo. im not sure what to do with the paint on this car, i dont know if a really really good detail guy could straighten some things out or if i need to just paint a couple panels on it? Does anyone have any input on a detail shop around stlouis? Im about an hour east of there. Input would be greatly appreciated!! Its going to be a bit of an ongoing project to get it where i want... but thats kind of a cool thing about the car ya know?

Thanks!

lswing
March 28th, 2013, 15:49
Good deal, the fact that it runs nice is huge. Hopefully some of the spendy maintenance has been done recently also. Enjoy!

JSRS6
March 28th, 2013, 15:51
Congrats on your new "baby"! Hope you have many enjoyable miles ahead of you.

audiprotn
March 28th, 2013, 16:46
Then i made the biggest mistake i could have made. I drove it.
We all made this mistake hahah
Congrats

ben916
March 28th, 2013, 17:22
We all made this mistake hahah

I had DHall1 on the phone when I was negociating(sic) for mine but I was like a deer in headlights.
I only noticed that the rotors were toast/grooved and completely missed the DRC rake issue.

Also, Dennis (AKA Doc in San Diego, CA with 2 RS6) had a respray and the only way to tell of the difference was in the sun at a specific angle (Daytona Grey)
Also, Wade (born2be) in San Diego, CA he had a respray of the entire car, looks perfect (KEEP IT WADE!!!!)

FJC711
March 28th, 2013, 20:22
Yeah, the partial spray will be the same thing with misano as with daytona. a full respray would make me happiest .... but... that will be a big meatball, plus finding a place to do it. You dont notice such trivialities when you punch it on the expressway at 75 and the car just wants more and more. ;) if only there were an american autobahn !

ben916
March 28th, 2013, 20:26
isn't TX speed limit 85mph?

FJC711
March 28th, 2013, 21:26
isn't TX speed limit 85mph?
I think it's limitless in Montana.... Only daylight. Maybe there's two signs?
hmmmm.

DHall1
March 29th, 2013, 04:56
Congrats on the ride. I will say the factory paint will take a bit of paint correction if the operator knows what he/she is doing. 2000 wet sand and proper buffing will give you an idea of how well it could look. Panel paint will be a no no on red. You will end up painting the whole side to make it look right.

The one thing I like about my drive into Phoenix. 75mph but I can generally cruise at 90 and zig zagging around the blue hairs driving 65 in the fast lane. Priceless

Well, I went down to look at this car... The interior was as I thought... pretty brutal... but all stuff i can fix. Unfortunately there was a ton of scratches in the paint... in the RR quarter i think she missed the tank with the fuel nozzle everytime it was filled.. I mean i was pretty disappointed with the paint work on that whole side of the car. Obviously a family ride as was hinted at earlier. Then i made the biggest mistake i could have made. I drove it. After that i was pretty blind to the appearance flaws from before and ended up buying it, for a bit of a discount. Sooo. im not sure what to do with the paint on this car, i dont know if a really really good detail guy could straighten some things out or if i need to just paint a couple panels on it? Does anyone have any input on a detail shop around stlouis? Im about an hour east of there. Input would be greatly appreciated!! Its going to be a bit of an ongoing project to get it where i want... but thats kind of a cool thing about the car ya know?

Thanks!

FJC711
March 29th, 2013, 14:12
Congrats on the ride. I will say the factory paint will take a bit of paint correction if the operator knows what he/she is doing. 2000 wet sand and proper buffing will give you an idea of how well it could look. Panel paint will be a no no on red. You will end up painting the whole side to make it look right.

The one thing I like about my drive into Phoenix. 75mph but I can generally cruise at 90 and zig zagging around the blue hairs driving 65 in the fast lane. Priceless

yeh, i know what you are saying about the whole side on the misano red. Which is why i think the whole car is the way to go. Just need to find a shop that will take the time to do it correctly. Or a detail shop that could do a great job to buy some time. AS for the blue hairs.. what is with the blue hair? Punk before punk? IDK man.

tjb616
March 29th, 2013, 16:29
Actually, I had a VERY successful repaint of my bumper, hood and one fender by a shop in Tampa on my Brilliant Red car. Ive since moved north and have and 3 unsuccessful repaints (in quality at matching.) But if your local to Tampa, Ill look up the body shop name, it might be worth a shot! They work on some very nice custom and classic cars. Still the best body shop expirence Ive jad to date. Also the least expensive one Ive used, believe it or not.

FJC711
March 29th, 2013, 16:34
Actually, I had a VERY successful repaint of my bumper, hood and one fender by a shop in Tampa on my Brilliant Red car. Ive since moved north and have and 3 unsuccessful repaints (in quality at matching.) But if your local to Tampa, Ill look up the body shop name, it might be worth a shot! They work on some very nice custom and classic cars. Still the best body shop expirence Ive jad to date. Also the least expensive one Ive used, believe it or not.

Thanks for the efforts, Im near stlouis though. The car has to this point been a tampa car. I wouldnt be so concerned with partial paint on brilliant red as the misano... the pearl part of the paint i think will make the differences magnified in different lighting.

I just dont have any idea on a good paint shop near stlouis Mo. I have my local body shop thats always done my insurance work, and they have always done resonable work. But ive never resprayed a whole car before.

ben916
March 29th, 2013, 16:43
AS for the blue hairs.. what is with the blue hair? Punk before punk? IDK man.

Senior citizens that their hair turns light blue:

This
http://www.the-penultimate-word.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/blue_hair_blog1.jpg (http://www.rs6.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=ZX6UfXlIOCexbM&tbnid=DHZkMtpKPmGNbM:&ved=0CAgQjRwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jedword.com%2F2011%2F10%2F16% 2Fblue-hair-a-pejorative-comment-about-an-older-woman%2F&ei=bcVVUZDqG6fDigKd0YDwDA&psig=AFQjCNE_yxRL3xxwmqimWhIuVZC2ktCJzA&ust=1364661997483665)

Not this:
http://images.wikia.com/lyricwiki/images/archive/2/2f/20110823231842!Katy_Perry_Blue_Wig.jpg (http://lyrics.wikia.com/File:Katy_Perry_Blue_Wig.jpg)

Back to the topic:
It will take some time but do it right and document WHY you resprayed as if you do sell it in the future, you have a before/after.

DHall1
March 31st, 2013, 06:51
Oh crap Ben. How many times has your wife told you not to post her pictures. Lol

In reality the Prius fast lane drivers are far worse than any blue hair. They think they are the only one on the road. One guy brake checked me last week as I was trying to get around. My gosh people get a life.

Senior citizens that their hair turns light blue:

This
http://www.the-penultimate-word.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/blue_hair_blog1.jpg (http://www.rs6.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=ZX6UfXlIOCexbM&tbnid=DHZkMtpKPmGNbM:&ved=0CAgQjRwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jedword.com%2F2011%2F10%2F16% 2Fblue-hair-a-pejorative-comment-about-an-older-woman%2F&ei=bcVVUZDqG6fDigKd0YDwDA&psig=AFQjCNE_yxRL3xxwmqimWhIuVZC2ktCJzA&ust=1364661997483665)

Not this:
http://images.wikia.com/lyricwiki/images/archive/2/2f/20110823231842!Katy_Perry_Blue_Wig.jpg (http://lyrics.wikia.com/File:Katy_Perry_Blue_Wig.jpg)

Back to the topic:
It will take some time but do it right and document WHY you resprayed as if you do sell it in the future, you have a before/after.

Indo Chaha
April 2nd, 2013, 04:15
try to find a shop that sprays waterbased base coats or uses dbc for a voc system and you can ask them to do a spray out for you.... Usually its on a 3" x 6" card with a hole in the middle so you can test the color match and places with experienced painters can tweak paint formulas to match perfectly ( water based systems or dbc for a voc system are really good for paint matching). As mentioned earlier in the thread that when painting only a panel can cause the color to look different from the adjacent panel when viewed at different angles is due to the hue of the clear, its usually shows as a tint of either blue or yellow. To avoid this the shops suggest blending the adjacent panels. I recommend re spraying the panels that are in need and blending the adjacent panels that lie in the same plane ( right front door lies in the same plane as the right fender and right rear door, but a hood doesn't lie in the same plane as the fenders) if you don't want to invest in a complete re spray.

but if money isn't of much concern then by all means re paint the whole car and the shops that know what they are doing would be glad to give you a 10 year warranty on the paint job....and you can ask them to spray additional or thicker clear coat to give it a wet glossy look

I hope I was of some help and best of luck for finding a good shop

FJC711
April 2nd, 2013, 15:33
try to find a shop that sprays waterbased base coats or uses dbc for a voc system and you can ask them to do a spray out for you.... Usually its on a 3" x 6" card with a hole in the middle so you can test the color match and places with experienced painters can tweak paint formulas to match perfectly ( water based systems or dbc for a voc system are really good for paint matching). As mentioned earlier in the thread that when painting only a panel can cause the color to look different from the adjacent panel when viewed at different angles is due to the hue of the clear, its usually shows as a tint of either blue or yellow. To avoid this the shops suggest blending the adjacent panels. I recommend re spraying the panels that are in need and blending the adjacent panels that lie in the same plane ( right front door lies in the same plane as the right fender and right rear door, but a hood doesn't lie in the same plane as the fenders) if you don't want to invest in a complete re spray.

but if money isn't of much concern then by all means re paint the whole car and the shops that know what they are doing would be glad to give you a 10 year warranty on the paint job....and you can ask them to spray additional or thicker clear coat to give it a wet glossy look

I hope I was of some help and best of luck for finding a good shop

Thanks for the info! i dont have alot of experience painting / repainting cars. any and all help is much valued!

vitalian
April 2nd, 2013, 23:04
I'm so glad you bought the car! There's a Misano Red RS6 on Craigslist in my area, and if I had a pile of money that I would otherwise be setting on fire, I would buy it. There's just something about a red Beastie!

As far as your paint issue, if you have a good relationship with your insurance agent, I would call him/her and ask if there are any shops that they recommend for their customers with high-end cars. I have done this in the past (although not with the RS6) and had good luck. It might be worth a try.

FJC711
April 5th, 2013, 23:27
Still waiting on my car, purchased 10 days ago, and paid them 450 to ship it to Illinois, called wed and they said hey valued customer... We need an extra 300 to ship your car cause rates went up.... I said... That is a problem for you.... Spoken to about 4 "managers" with no result .... Typical used car dealer bs. Very frustrated with this dealer, but what can a guy from Illinois do to sway a dealer in Florida.... Tell some forum that this dealer sucks?

Sigh.... Typical, I'm not surprised at all. Just more disappointed ya know?

Oh well, maybe she will come next week???

ttboost
April 6th, 2013, 00:58
$450 to ship a car from Florida to Illinois? How are they shipping it, in the back of someone's pickup truck? A wheel dolly? That's CHEAP!!! If you're tired of waiting, you could spend that $450 and fly down and drive it home too!!!

bmwade
April 6th, 2013, 01:12
Still waiting on my car, purchased 10 days ago, and paid them 450 to ship it to Illinois, called wed and they said hey valued customer... We need an extra 300 to ship your car cause rates went up.... I said... That is a problem for you.... Spoken to about 4 "managers" with no result .... Typical used car dealer bs. Very frustrated with this dealer, but what can a guy from Illinois do to sway a dealer in Florida.... Tell some forum that this dealer sucks?

Sigh.... Typical, I'm not surprised at all. Just more disappointed ya know?

Oh well, maybe she will come next week???

fly down and drive her back! Thats what i always do when i buy cars! you wont regret it! you should have come down a couple of days ago and you could have hit the Carrabelle speed festival on your way back home as its only a slight detour!

FJC711
April 6th, 2013, 01:26
fly down and drive her back! Thats what i always do when i buy cars! you wont regret it! you should have come down a couple of days ago and you could have hit the Carrabelle speed festival on your way back home as its only a slight detour!

I had flown to look and buy the car, prenegotiated the shipping and found that cheaper than fuel and another 1000 miles on the car. So I flew home. To me it is the principal. They made a deal, good or bad, and I feel obligated to have the terms of that deal met. It's like if I drive the car home and the tranny drops half way... I wouldn't expect them to fix it. It's after the fact now. If I didn't get quoted that rate I wouldn't have wasted airfare coming home last week.

Just kind of mystified that people conduct business like they do. Its ballsy really.

peiserg
April 6th, 2013, 01:28
I have a misano red. it's a cool color. Anyhoo, yeh the rubberized interior sucks... looks nice for a few thousand miles, then starts peeling. I was going to have the dealer replace all my rubberized stuff, but the service advisor actually told me not to bother, just to peel it all off, since it would happen again and i'd be really angry after paying big $ for the replacement. I wouldn't worry much about it as far as a deal breaker. yeah my knobs and switches are wearing too... but everything works, and my car has always been dealer maintained and serviced... so whoever ends up with my car in the future is getting a well maintained car with bad rubberized interior.

FJC711
April 8th, 2013, 14:33
I have a misano red. it's a cool color. Anyhoo, yeh the rubberized interior sucks... looks nice for a few thousand miles, then starts peeling. I was going to have the dealer replace all my rubberized stuff, but the service advisor actually told me not to bother, just to peel it all off, since it would happen again and i'd be really angry after paying big $ for the replacement. I wouldn't worry much about it as far as a deal breaker. yeah my knobs and switches are wearing too... but everything works, and my car has always been dealer maintained and serviced... so whoever ends up with my car in the future is getting a well maintained car with bad rubberized interior.

Yup, I like the misano, i wont say that im a big fan of red cars, but all but one car ive owned has been red.... and the one that was blue just didnt quite connect with me. My plan on the interior is to disassemble it all, strip all the finish, and then either repaint myself, or ive seen a website that does carbon fiber coatings... I was wondering about some sort of refinish process like that? not really carbon fiber but a solid matte color. The repaint myself process is attractive cause i can do it on my own for minimal cost. I got some used pieces from salvage to hone my craft on and compare results before i decide. Probably drive the car this summer and then take the interior apart over the winter.

the rubberized interior though... pretty sad stuff it is.

bobbyrs6
April 9th, 2013, 17:20
FJC711,
Man, I'm in Illinois too. For all the drama that you had with that dealership shipping the car, I could have come
picked you up and we could have "Road Tripped" down there and got it!!

FJC711
April 11th, 2013, 20:37
Its not shipped yet, and the auto carrier hasnt called me back... we may roadtrip yet!!!
Ill buy the funyuns at the first gas stop.

C

ttboost
April 11th, 2013, 22:38
What an utter disappointment..sorry to hear...go get it and be done...

DHall1
April 12th, 2013, 01:23
I have taken flights to both coasts already this year in my quest to have a RS6 daily driver to go along with the garage queen RS6.

AZ to VA then drove home.
AZ to CA then drove home.

I didnt even blink. Fly down and be done with it because there is no better car to road trip than the RS6.

ttboost
April 12th, 2013, 01:34
I have taken flights to both coasts already this year in my quest to have a RS6 daily driver to go along with the garage queen RS6.

AZ to VA then drove home.
AZ to CA then drove home.

I didnt even blink. Fly down and be done with it because there is no better car to road trip than the RS6.

Yep...done this many many times... way too much fun... best way to get to know your new car...

ben916
April 12th, 2013, 18:12
Fly down and be done with it because there is no better car to road trip than the RS6.

^^^THIS^^^

you might want a radar detector though...
AND if you are gentle on the go pedal, you can get 24.5MPG
if you use the cruise, it will NOT compression brake for you on decending hills, it will just go

FJC711
April 16th, 2013, 15:33
UPDATE!!!!

car still hasnt shipped, cant even get the shipper who i placed a deposit with to return a message... that would be stateway auto from my great home state of Illinois.... so it goes. In other news, the dealer STILL hasnt sent the florida title down to me so I can apply for an Illinois title and pay my taxes and register.... although, yesterday they said they were overnighting it to my DMV location... Maybe after i get that taken care of ill just consider the loses to the shipping company, fly back down, and drive it home....

Ive got to say... this has been a nightmare.... Talk about a car coming into my life under a bad sign or something....

DHall1
April 16th, 2013, 16:15
If you're paying cash to an out of state dealer. Demand title upon payment. Always

If you're financing it's different but still dangerous.

Better book the flight

UPDATE!!!!

car still hasnt shipped, cant even get the shipper who i placed a deposit with to return a message... that would be stateway auto from my great home state of Illinois.... so it goes. In other news, the dealer STILL hasnt sent the florida title down to me so I can apply for an Illinois title and pay my taxes and register.... although, yesterday they said they were overnighting it to my DMV location... Maybe after i get that taken care of ill just consider the loses to the shipping company, fly back down, and drive it home....

Ive got to say... this has been a nightmare.... Talk about a car coming into my life under a bad sign or something....

FJC711
April 16th, 2013, 16:27
financing, so technically i dont or shouldnt keep the title. Mostly i blame illinois. IM not sure why the workers at the DMV hate their jobs/lives but they do. I mean its a job, i have one too. its not great. Its been alot of line standing to no avail for me.
... I dont get why its a big deal really. Id have thought the florida dealer would have been more helpful though...

ben916
April 16th, 2013, 17:54
Book the flight, call that F#$%ing dealership and let him know that he has 4 hours to get all the paperwork ready AND the car AND the refund of shipping. The next step would be to get the authorities involved...
Sounds like a steaming load...

ttboost
April 16th, 2013, 22:11
Yeah..this ownership doesn't look good so far...

DHall1
April 16th, 2013, 22:21
You have some protection with financing.

IL does suck. One of the most corrupt in the country.

Easy on the dealer in FL. They still have the keys to your car.

Get flight booked

financing, so technically i dont or shouldnt keep the title. Mostly i blame illinois. IM not sure why the workers at the DMV hate their jobs/lives but they do. I mean its a job, i have one too. its not great. Its been alot of line standing to no avail for me.
... I dont get why its a big deal really. Id have thought the florida dealer would have been more helpful though...

bobbyrs6
April 17th, 2013, 04:41
Damn, that Sucks Man!! I'm off after Tuesday for a week. Just say the word!!

audiprotn
April 17th, 2013, 05:47
Where in IL are you located?

I wouldn't blame IL DMV, unless you know for sure, FL dealer actually mailed all the documents.
Hopefully everything works out soon.

bobbyrs6
April 18th, 2013, 05:44
Yeah, I'm in Illinois and my dealings with the DMV here was relatively painless. After I bought my car in Missouri, it took maybe a week for the BMW
Dealership that I bought it from to send me all the necessary paperwork that I needed. From there I took all the paperwork in to the DMV office here,
signed a few papers, wrote a $1300 check for taxes and got my registration and license plates. All told, I think I was in and out of there in about 15 minutes.

FJC711
April 29th, 2013, 15:51
Update!
The car is here, and i being the good citizen have paid my sales taxes and applied for my illinois title. The dealer was the dealer.... What can you really do ya know? In other news my power steering pump has not liked the brisk IL mornings weve had, likes to whir and bark a bit... so, im figuring on flushing the system and cleaning the screen in the resevoir and see what becomes of that, not finding any leaks at all....

audiprotn
April 29th, 2013, 16:16
^ good news.
You should come out to our June 1st meet.

Did you check if you are low on fluid?

DHall1
April 29th, 2013, 16:25
Pictures!

Try the BND powersteering fluid and conditioner. Other members have reported excellent results.

bobbyrs6
April 29th, 2013, 21:54
Congratulations, FINALLY!!!

And I second what DHall said. My power steering pump was doing the same thing, moaning and groaning in the early A.M.
Ordered the BND powersteering fluid and conditioner about a month ago and haven't heard a "peep" out of it since.

lswing
April 29th, 2013, 22:27
Nice! I'd highly recommend new fluids throughout, you never know the quality or age. Engine/trans fluids for sure, or at least check trans, takes 10 minutes on a lift...

FJC711
April 29th, 2013, 22:51
Nice! I'd highly recommend new fluids throughout, you never know the quality or age. Engine/trans fluids for sure, or at least check trans, takes 10 minutes on a lift...

Yep, if only I had a lift ;). Planning on changing fluids though. Checked ps fluid and it was way high. This was after driving maybe 3 miles? Not sure of procedure to check as owners manual is absent. There's a min max line not hot cold like I'm used to seeing

bobbyrs6
April 30th, 2013, 02:10
FJC711,

Regarding the RS6 manual. Be sure you check the small space that is
directly under your steering wheel. There is a little slot where the manual sits and it's easy to miss. My dealer missed it and I missed it for the longest until one day I was detailing the inside of my car and low and behold there it was, leather binder and all.

ttboost
April 30th, 2013, 12:12
FJC711,

Regarding the RS6 manual. Be sure you check the small space that is
directly under your steering wheel. There is a little slot where the manual sits and it's easy to miss. My dealer missed it and I missed it for the longest until one day I was detailing the inside of my car and low and behold there it was, leather binder and all.

Yup..nice little hiding spot. After 2 years of ownership, I found a radar detector tucked up in there!!!

ben916
April 30th, 2013, 19:43
Yup..nice little hiding spot. After 2 years of ownership, I found a radar detector tucked up in there!!!

That is my alleged lead vitamin dispenser's location... "alleged"

FJC711
April 30th, 2013, 21:12
I explored that "hole" no dice, i was beaten to the punch by someone.... It was kinda weird poking around there... I kinda half expected to find some contraband / weapon / or raccon in there. No such luck.