PDA

View Full Version : Well, I finally got Tried.......

bobbyrs6
March 4th, 2013, 08:33
Well as the title suggests, I finally got tried. I live in a college town so of course every 18 year old thinks that they have the fastest car around.
Tonight's victim was a 2013 Lexus GS350 F-Sport. I actually thought I would run up against a Mustang first because it seems that every kid and their sister have one but I digress. I'm about to head onto a state hwy that runs right past the University and the football stadium, I'm at the light and I see him pull up beside me. He revs it, and I'm thinking," Please don't let a City LEO, a University LEO or a State LEO be hiding in their "Sometime Spot" at the end of this road".
Light turns green, he takes off!! I'm in S mode and I take off, pull even, play with him and pull away all before the next stoplight, which light to light was about a mile in a half. I pull into the little gas station that I was headed to in the first place and the driver of the "Spanked" Lexus pulls in behind me. We both get out, true enough he's about 18 or 19 but surprisingly not a "D*#K. He then saw that I was in a RS6 and replied, "Damn, I didn't know it was an RS6, I thought I was picking on a regular Audi!!".:lovl: We talked about 20 minutes. He let me inside his car and I must say, the interior is pretty damn nice. He had the optional AWD pkg on it. His car makes about 306 hp from the V-6 engine but he said that it doesn't "make alot of torque." You can put the suspension in 4 different modes. He was in Sport mode at the time that I "spanked" him.
So I asked him overall how he liked his Lexus and he said he really liked it but that "He would trade cars with me in a heartbeat" if he could...........Nuff said.:addict:

4everRS
March 4th, 2013, 14:38
Thanks for sharing the expeirience. That really wasn't a fair fight. :)

I have this worry that the c5 beast will become a lot like the M5's of old. By that I mean the c5 will be looked at like more of a "drivers" car. Less nanny electronic controls. Honestly, it only take one button to turn off TC completely. There is not 10 steps to take to get the suspension and trans into some kind of sport mode. Look at today's M5's. They are more cumbersome to get set up. The older generations are more raw, more feel, more of a "drivers" car. I see the new Audi's and worry that they too are going down this path. Now, I have no expeirience with them, so I probably shouldn't comment, but it seems as though these newer models seem to be more driving us, rather than us driving them.

bobbyrs6
March 4th, 2013, 16:55
I feel you on that 4everRS. When i was sitting in his car, I was surrounded by more lights and controls than the space shuttle. I didn't get the "feel" that I was in a "Driver's car. Of course, I didn't drive it either. It could have a totally different feel if I drove it, but I'm doubting that. I mean, come on, it has a V6 that puts out 305-306hp but according to him, only 270 something ft of torque. That makes me appreciate my 2003 RS6 even more. That my car is that old, yet can hang with most any modern day car on the road today. But again, his F-Sport did look "damn good" standing still. LOL

NSU RS6
March 4th, 2013, 22:56
Kid must not know his Audi's that well.

In 2003, I spotted my first RS6 from about a 1/4 mile. From behind. There was no doubt in my mind what it was.

And from the front any RS6 is a gimme......

bobbyrs6
March 4th, 2013, 23:33
Kid must not know his Audi's that well.

In 2003, I spotted my first RS6 from about a 1/4 mile. From behind. There was no doubt in my mind what it was.

And from the front any RS6 is a gimme......

Ha Ha, I had the about the same experience when I spotted my first RS6. I'll give the kid the benefit of the doubt because it was late at night and the road that we were on has about zero lighting except during football season when the stadium and everything around it is lite up like daytime. I don't think he could really see what it was. He just knew it was alot faster than his car. Lol But he knew exactly "what is was" when we pulled into the gas station and he was able to see it under the lighting.

DHall1
March 5th, 2013, 00:30
What ever you do....dont ever try it against any AMG with the supercharger 55k engine. Dont ask me how I know. As a matter of fact the AMG was my old car and it spanked my RS6 in a straight line just about every time. Roll or stop.

Primo
March 5th, 2013, 00:44
Haha, great!

I like to drive abit slowly on the highway, waiting for cars to try and overtake me. When their along side, I just floor it and look in the mirror for the reaction. Most people punch their steering wheels and give up, but this friday a BMW X5 kept trying and trying. I floored it every time, and I'm sure he's a Audi hater for life, if he wasn't already. ;)

bobbyrs6
March 5th, 2013, 02:36
What ever you do....dont ever try it against any AMG with the supercharger 55k engine. Dont ask me how I know. As a matter of fact the AMG was my old car and it spanked my RS6 in a straight line just about every time. Roll or stop.
Ahhh, the Great DHall!! Advice is well taken and your right, I have nooo intention of tangeling with anything that has AMG on the back of it. I havent seen to many AMGs around here. One guy whos in grad school here has a 06 C55 AMG that ive seen a few times and there's a retired professor that owns a Liquor Store on not far from campus that had a 07 Sprint Blue RS4. It's usually parked right out front of his establishment but I hadn't seen it in awhile. Well the other day I passed by and there was a new C63 AMG with temporary plates on it, so I think I know why I haven't seen the RS4 lately.

bobbyrs6
March 5th, 2013, 02:46
Haha, great!

I like to drive abit slowly on the highway, waiting for cars to try and overtake me. When their along side, I just floor it and look in the mirror for the reaction. Most people punch their steering wheels and give up, but this friday a BMW X5 kept trying and trying. I floored it every time, and I'm sure he's a Audi hater for life, if he wasn't already. ;)

Ha ha ha, yeah Primo, we arn't doing a good job of making new friends are we?! Lol
I Loooove the Stealth Factor of THIS car!!

audiprotn
March 5th, 2013, 21:48
The last time we got tried (somewhere in Mexico)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQt5OL9tg6c
335 was on e85 tune, rs6s are stock, except of gutted cats + exhaust

bobbyrs6
March 6th, 2013, 09:57

Ohhh man, thats a mean 335!!

audiprotn
March 6th, 2013, 16:40
Ohhh man, thats a mean 335!!
There will be a rematch soon, tuned rs6 vs tuned 335i

Elevens
March 7th, 2013, 05:37

You should be a damned shamed of yourself, embarrassing us like that. I wish you could send him my way !!!

audiprotn
March 7th, 2013, 06:10
You should be a damned shamed of yourself, embarrassing us like that. I wish you could send him my way !!!
Haha
The whole point was to see the difference before and after tune.