PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see here?

Erik
November 3rd, 2003, 19:24
I have a question for you, please let me know what you think by voting and writing.

I have a lot of material that is non-Audi and very much non-RS6 related. But it is still very good stuff.

Like a lap in a BMW M3 CSL around Nordschleife with good quality.

So my question is, would you like to see such material around here (even on the main page www.RS6.com)?

Please check link - BMW M3 CSL around Nürburgring (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=16195#post16195)

Psss... I might be able to do a lap in an RS6 Avant (500 hp) soon. :MTM:

iconcls
November 3rd, 2003, 20:21
Personally, I like to hear about all performance european marquees--especially sedans.

Klint
November 3rd, 2003, 20:22
I voted "No", with two votes in favour of "Yes".

Why I voted no is that:

1)The RS6 section of the forum gets enough traffic, posts and entertaining threads as it is. (Comparitive to the other parts of RS6.com's community)
2)It's nice to keep relatively on topic, this keeps interest in the areas at a decent level, those who wish not to see such threads don't need to look, those who do, can do, by going to the correct part of the board.
3)Having such threads in the RS6 section will dilute this section of the forum considerably, do you like your cola/soda/tea watered down?...I don't!

Possible Fixe(s):

Continue posting other hi-performance car, VAG top of the line etc threads in the proper forums but have another thread in the RS6/S6 and S4/RS4 sections to promote the other parts of the forum/threads, then later on delete the "Promotion thread", (maybe when the thread falls to the bottom of the forum section?)...this will help searches and bring the old age annoyance to a minimum, that's: "I searched but couldn't find the correct results I was wanting, Hence: this thread" and increase activity in other parts of the board...The main Problem with this idea is increased moderation duties.

:cheers:

Erik
November 3rd, 2003, 20:31
Oh, I'm not intending to spam the RS6 section with things that don't belong there.

But I'd like to know what people think if we made articles/videos about cars like that on RS6.com main page etc.

Klint
November 3rd, 2003, 20:34
Originally posted by Erik
Oh, I'm not intending to spam the RS6 section with things that don't belong there.

But I'd like to know what people think if we made articles/videos about cars like that on RS6.com main page etc.

:blush:

oh! I understand!

Definitely, if the time is avaliable then it gets my thumbsup! :0:

:cheers:

TaTaPiRaTa
November 3rd, 2003, 21:33
Great idea to link to this kind of stuff.

I don't have time to look for "other" stuff, while I browse "RS6 only" forum on daily basis, so pls don't spam it but let us know something is hot out there in balanced way...

M3 CLS video is really HOT!

I wish somebody had followed that M3 CLS with another camera on RS6 in chasing mode, so we could see how it drives comparably to chasing RS6 in behind

A small side recording with view on the speedo, then joining these two would became a complete stunning material.

:0:

Benman
November 4th, 2003, 03:22
I voted YES as i am a performance enthusiast (although i AM biased towards Audi:D ).

But PLEASE, NO SPAM (DAMN that spam!):cheers:

Ben:addict: :addict:

TheBrit
November 4th, 2003, 12:11
Stuff linked on the front page or on other forums on the site isn't a problem - the more general performance car stuff the better! Anything that relates to the RS 6, like comparos etc can be linked into a thread in the forum.

How'd you get time to do all this stuff anyway? :)

nene
November 4th, 2003, 16:43
I voted 'Yes' simply because anything to do with performance autos I'm game!!!

Erik
November 4th, 2003, 17:09
Originally posted by TheBrit
How'd you get time to do all this stuff anyway? :)

At the moment I'm out of a job... :vsad2:

TheBrit
November 4th, 2003, 18:01
Originally posted by Erik
At the moment I'm out of a job... :vsad2:
You need to offer your services to quattro GmbH and make this their official fan/feedback site, for a suitable fee of course... ;)

Seriously: if you're job hunting, I hope it goes well. I'm going to take a wild guess that you're in some kind of IT profession?

gmbh6
November 4th, 2003, 21:10
yeah i love the videos but half the time they don't play correctly......guess i need to download some extra utilities.

Erik
November 4th, 2003, 21:14
Originally posted by thcakid
yeah i love the videos but half the time they don't play correctly......guess i need to download some extra utilities.

Yes, that is usually the main problem. And people mail and pm me EVERY time there is a problem like I was the one with answers to every single computer related problem. :eye:

So have your players upgraded and save me some time!

PS. The software is american ;)