PDA

View Full Version : What are our cars worth these days???

BuffaloRS6
March 1st, 2013, 00:25
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h211/ACerr22/photo4-1.jpg13573

Hey guys. Toying with the idea of listing the RS6 and was wondering what kind of value these things are holding. I see stock ones for sale on eBay for low twenties/high teens. I have some tasteful mods on mine (19" VMR's, KW V3 coils, Milltek non-res, GIAC tune.) All upgrades are under a year old & were installed by a reputable shop in my area. Maintenance is all up to date as well. I'd love to think somewhere in the mid to high twenties for our beasts. What say you?

kevin
March 1st, 2013, 01:34
How many miles??

Brav
March 1st, 2013, 03:51
How many miles??

^^^^^^ how can you forget mileage... :)

BuffaloRS6
March 1st, 2013, 04:45
Wow. Can't believe I forgot that. Haha! My bad. Just over 85k on it.

bobbyrs6
March 1st, 2013, 04:49
Wow, thats nice Buffalo. Makes me hate that I just bought mine. I could have just waited and bought yours........

Brav
March 1st, 2013, 06:02
I would love to think mid to high twenties as well, but not realistic. Figure maybe 20% back on mods, if that. Worth more if you had some kind of warranty and recent major trans replacement done. I would say a realistic transaction value would be 19k on bottom, and 23k top.

mm21
March 3rd, 2013, 19:49
Buffalo, new member who signed up to ask you about your car, maybe interested. I'm in Pittsburgh and will PM you.

dab
March 3rd, 2013, 23:58
love the rims.

ttboost
March 4th, 2013, 00:36
I wonder if the 6 speed manual swap adds any value? Or is that considered a "mod' and you might get your 20% back?

BuffaloRS6
March 4th, 2013, 01:07
I wonder if the 6 speed manual swap adds any value? Or is that considered a "mod' and you might get your 20% back?

I'd say it would add some value since it's becoming a little more commonly desired with these cars. I think a good percentage of RS6 owners and potential owners would LOVE a 6 speed if available. I know I would. How involved was the swap? Did you do it yourself? It's definitely something I'd be interested in.

BuffaloRS6
March 4th, 2013, 01:10
love the rims.

Thanks man. I think they fit the car perfectly.

ttboost
March 4th, 2013, 01:24
I'd say it would add some value since it's becoming a little more commonly desired with these cars. I think a good percentage of RS6 owners and potential owners would LOVE a 6 speed if available. I know I would. How involved was the swap? Did you do it yourself? It's definitely something I'd be interested in.

Yes...just finished a couple weeks ago...It's quite an involved project. I have put about 1200-1500 miles on it so far. Should be finished tuning this week. I have gutted precats and no cats, commonly called "test pipes'. I also still have the stock unmolested down pipes, in the event I do sell it, and the buyer needs them. I am absolutely considering selling the car.

vangelis
March 4th, 2013, 11:28
Yes...just finished a couple weeks ago...It's quite an involved project. I have put about 1200-1500 miles on it so far. Should be finished tuning this week. I have gutted precats and no cats, commonly called "test pipes'. I also still have the stock unmolested down pipes, in the event I do sell it, and the buyer needs them. I am absolutely considering selling the car.

I was looking for good options for C6 but seems I will go for a low mileage C5 in very good condition soon, and was thinking the amount that will be saved for not going to C6 can be invested in the C5 in a good way to put the 6 speed manual trans and some other mods. I was wondering if there any 'in details' project plan on this swap as I need to see if this can be done on my local garages or not!! Is there anyone that sell the FULL KIL (I mean FULL) with in details guide/ steps for the installation??

ttboost
March 4th, 2013, 12:02
I don't think there is anyone that sells a "FULL KIT". The RS6 never came with a 6 speed manual, so it requires some custom stuff. The "instructions" are a totally different issue. Steve (steveken) might be the closest yet, as far as a total kit. Not sure you want to pay to ship a "total kit"?

mik15
March 4th, 2013, 13:02
Vangelis - did you find one yet? let me know if you need any help, i can come and help you out with my VCDS and check the car for any faults! BTW - we've installed the RNS-E in your ex. RS6 and also done a few other things...:)

ttboost
March 4th, 2013, 13:11
Vangelis - did you find one yet? let me know if you need any help, i can come and help you out with my VCDS and check the car for any faults! BTW - we've installed the RNS-E in your ex. RS6 and also done a few other things...:)

I think he wants it back now...:)

vangelis
March 5th, 2013, 09:26
I think he wants it back now...:)

That would be much easier that doing all the work again from scratch lol

vangelis
March 5th, 2013, 09:27

I don't mind paying one time for the shipping better than going around looking for different parts that might be hard to find or to make.

vangelis
March 5th, 2013, 09:28

Hey, thanks buddy, I'm checking one now to see if its accident free and really in good condition or not, didn't see it yet on real, but will keep you posted. Will be great to check it also for any faults. Wish to see u soon and see the new mods u have done :D

BuffaloRS6
March 7th, 2013, 18:28
Hey, thanks buddy, I'm checking one now to see if its accident free and really in good condition or not, didn't see it yet on real, but will keep you posted. Will be great to check it also for any faults. Wish to see u soon and see the new mods u have done :D

My car may be available if you're interested. It's not "low mileage" (just over 85k miles), but the car is in near mint condition with tasteful upgrades (KW V3 coilovers, GIAC tune, new transmission installed by Audi dealer, 19" VMR 701's, Milltek non-res exhaust). PM me if you have any questions.

Brav
March 7th, 2013, 18:44
I can help you with shipping it :)