PDA

View Full Version : BND Automotive

bobbyrs6
February 14th, 2013, 02:03
Getting ready to do the first oil change since I got my RS6. I'm doing it at 90,000 miles so I can put it on a schedule. Well from all the positive things I heard on this Forum about BND, I decided to give Brian a call. Man, that guy really knows his stuff and he can really explain it to you in ways that you can understand. My ego is not to big thatI can't admit that I'm not a DIY kind a guy. I wish I had those skills but I don't. Now if you come into the ER with a gunshot wound and your bleeding all over the place than, Im your guy but when it comes to automotive stuff, I'm taking it to someone that knows what their doing! Lol But I digress. After being on the phone with Brian for an hour, I'm ordering the Quantum Blue oil, the oil filter and a gallon of Aces IV for my oil change next week at my Indy shop. I can't wait to use this stuff and can I just say, I reaaally love the sound of that Turbo Spooling up when I first start my car, oh and the Sound Enhancing Exhaust, well words can't even describe that........

:addict:

bobbyrs6
February 14th, 2013, 02:26
Also, the shop is going to run a Full Diagnostic check as well while it's there.

papadoc
February 14th, 2013, 06:27
Well, it's been quite a while since a BND thread! If you do a search, you'll see a lot of discussion/debate about Brian's products, but I've been using the oil and ACES IV for several years, and when I had my engine pulled for the transmission rebuild, the intercoolers were pristine. If you have one of the ECU tunes in your car, the ACES will be worthwhile. The Quantum Blue has much more phosphorus in it than standard oils, which helps preserve your engine but is not friendly to the catalytic converters, but in doing oil analysis after a change, there is very little evidence of engine wear (iron ppm in the oil). We use the products in our two APR tuned cars, satisfied customers while running California 91 octane gas with 93 and even 100 octane tunes.
And welcome to another doc on the board ;-)...

bobbyrs6
February 14th, 2013, 06:53
Thanks papadoc for the welcome. Yeah in hindsight, I should have just added this post to the previous BND posts! Yep, you echo'd what Brian said about the high phosphorus content of the Quantum Blue. I don't have the ECU tune yet. I'm going to do the MTM TCU tune first but I have started to research the different ECU tunes. APR really looked like a good tune and I like the fact that you can change the maps on the fly to suit the Octane of gas that you are using.
Nope not a Doc myself. Was a field Medic in the Army way back when. ER-Trauma/CVICU RN going on 16 years now.